It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

At least you admit your close-minded stereotyping, prejudice and bigotry towards middle America.
edit on 6-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is a sad day when we decide to censor cold, hard facts to shield people from backlash that they can easily and voluntarily distance themselves from.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Bomb them every day, and provoke them. I love it.

Those kids with missing limbs or watched their families get blown up to smithereens or when local hospitals are splattered and no one is ever held accountable, those next generation kids are sure going to grow up loving the west. Call them the millenial-hadists....

But as for this billboard, I forsee absolutely no repercussions.
Freedom of speech means we're free to say anything we want, because speech does in no way affects our mental state or emotions... Across every species on Earth.
Keep denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Yes, and that is not a good idea. First there maybe a warning-then sh hits the fan.

They can't (or won't) handle the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Indeed, sad that people just enjoy making others feel crap. Freedom of speech is worthless if everyone is miserable.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Do you honestly think the bill board people are not going to get the same treatment?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No one is censoring anything, or do you have info that points to censoring?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

But how come no atheists ever think of this when they decide to erect holiday displays telling every religious person around that their faith is a lie?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wrong, freedom of speech is not worth less or more regardless of how people "feel:.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
What about the people who put up pro or anti Planned Parenthood billboards?
Something to think about.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Nothing to think about, freedom of speech applies to pro life and pro abortion.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Nothing to think about, freedom of speech applies to pro life and pro abortion.

Her point was that the atheists are not concerned about the violence from Christians.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Is this seriously just a thread bitching that they have an opinion?

Well, I will respect their right to peacefully bitch about it the same way I respect the bitching the members here are doing about their bitching.

Just a bunch of bitchy people from all walks of life.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Is this seriously just a thread bitching that they have an opinion?

Well, I will respect their right to peacefully bitch about it the same way I respect the bitching the members here are doing about their bitching.

Just a bunch of bitchy people from all walks of life.

Bitch bitch bitch bitch

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No. They won't. There is a command in Islam that makes it a serious offense to display, draw, or depict any image of their prophet Mohammed in any way, but especially in a cartoonish or insulting manner. It's a killing offense.

Remember the two muslims that drove all the way to Dallas a couple of years ago to kill those that were holding a cartoon contest depicting Mohammed. This was after the Charlie Hebdo incident, and some decided to protest this killing by holding a drawing contest. Thank God the two muslims that drove to Dallas from Arizona to kill "the infidels" were thwarted.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

No one is censoring anything, or do you have info that points to censoring?

The uproar is over what the billboard states... what it states are facts. People are outraged over facts. To me, that is a form of censorship. Any individual who accuses the exposure of facts as being tantamount to attacking them is calling for a form of censorship.

“You feel under attack when you see something like that. It’s just so hateful to spread vicious lies about a religion,” Khan said. “If someone is confused or has a problem with Islam, why not just talk to a Muslim before paying for a billboard?”

The answer to that question is pretty obvious, Taqiyya. The truth about Taqiyya is being realized by more and more people and it has become obvious that the answers obtained by asking questions directly cannot be taken at face value. Hell, I can point directly to the Quran's direct citation of every fact on this billboard and yet here we see people claiming that the facts are "taken out of context." How in the name of all things cold and dank can you take marrying a 6 year old or owning and selling slaves "out of context?"

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Not what I meant.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: xstealth

Yes, and that is not a good idea. First there maybe a warning-then sh hits the fan.

They can't (or won't) handle the truth.

We shouldn't have to worry about sh!t hitting the fan, islam is peaceful, remember?

right...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko
What about the people who put up pro or anti Planned Parenthood billboards?
Something to think about.

No, my point to the poster I replied to is if seeing bad things said about your religion makes you grow up to hate your country and the people you live with, then why don't atheists ever worry about that when they tell all the religious people around them that their faith is a lie?

It seemed to me the poster was only worried about this with Muslims, and if he was only worried about this with Muslims, why them and not Hindus, Buddhists, Yazidis, Christians, Jews, or any other religion?

The abortion debate is a whole other animal entirely.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join