It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Republic joins Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia on the Side of Responsible Sanity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
"Side of Responsible Sanity" sounds dumb.

I doubt Jihadists are big on following immigration laws. Maybe the ones who are sure to get the proper permits are.

Ah, but the fewer there are, the easier the ones who do slip through are to spot. I think it is a fairly safe bet that a recent arrival from Syria to Prague or Warsaw would stick out like a sore thumb... not so much if they'd just accepted a couple thousand refugees from Syria, ya?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So who's the bigger 'threat' then?

Refugees or Russians?

National security may prioritize threats, but you still take all available measures to protect against them all. If I have rats in my barn, I'm going to address the issue. If I suddenly discover that I also have termites, I'm not going to stop setting rat traps and laying out poison while I address the termite issue.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

These countries have suffered all too many times at the hands of Europe and German activities, they were more skeptical from the start.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Instead of trying to weed out the "good" Muslims from the bad Muslims in some bizarre game of "who's got the bomb" while they cross into western borders, we should be severing any and all connections between their governments and their religion.

What makes you believe all refugees and migrants are Muslims...?

That's not the M.O. of the global world order, though. In fact just the opposite... the instant a secular Middle Eastern leader rises up such as Ghadaffi, Mubarak, or even Hussein, they attempt to eliminate whatever crackpot Ayatollah or Sheik caliphate runs the religious side of their government and the west jumps into action. End result is almost without fail a "new" Islamic country with an Islamic "democratically elected" leader that only serves to tighten the binds between their state and their religion (which fits the definition of a "cult" fairly well, might I add.)

I agree. So, how do these refugees who once valued their *secular society* now destroyed by the Gulf States and America— all of the sudden become reduced to religious extremist in the minds of many people when the topic of tighter refugee laws are needed to protect sovereign nations...?

When does humanity and empathy come into play when weighing this issue?

For instance; the poster above I responded to demonstrated bigoted and/or xenophobic mind-set in just one line. How can other mature minded people even begin to discuss this issue intelligently and compassionately when ignorant people just use this topic to project deeper personal issues going on within their minds and personal life...?

I mention this to you Mr.Moderator because this is what is going on with the bigots on this site.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

handful of good apples from an otherwise rotten bushel.

Just so we're clear here: You're position is that most refugees are "bad hombres" but you assume a few of them are good people?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What percentage of the "refugees" are opposed to Sharia Law?

What percentage of *refugees* are not Muslim or religious at all?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Not if he didn't want to. I'm sure an actual refugee might stick out but someone on a mission might be a little better prepared to blend in.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Involutionist

THEY'RE NOT WELCOME NOR INVITED INTO THAT COUNTRY!!! Jesus Christ, why is detention of illegal aliens now magically compared to Nazi Germany when the comparison is utterly ridiculous? The Nazis TOOK PEOPLE FROM THEIR ESTABLISHED HOMES... Hungary is telling asylum seekers "No, we don't have a new home for you." You are comparing someone having $100 stolen from them to someone who went out looking for a $100 bill and didn't find one.

You apparently missed all the buzz words?

"fascist ideologies"

"US Imperialism"

???????

This right there screams cultural Marxism and either or a member of academia OR one who was brainwashed attending?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, why is detention of illegal aliens now magically compared to Nazi Germany when the comparison is utterly ridiculous?

Jesus Christ, did you read the link or at least the quotes I posted in my earlier comment? Jesus Christ, have you been following the inhumane policies in Hungary these past few years? Jesus Christ, have you invested time and energy investigating the deeper dynamics at play concerning this issue of the thread you have created?

You are comparing someone having $100 stolen from them to someone who went out looking for a $100 bill and didn't find one.

Jesus Christ, is that what you interpreted from what I was alluding to...?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
When does humanity and empathy come into play when weighing this issue?

It doesn't. You handle issues of national security AND sovereignty with pragmatic logic. That starts with preserving what you have first and foremost and weighing the risks against the gains. At this time in the developed world's history, there are very few undercolonized frontiers remaining, so there is no gain for a nation to have simply by increasing the number of adventurous warm bodies entering the country. The risks far outweigh any tangible benefit.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

handful of good apples from an otherwise rotten bushel.

Just so we're clear here: You're position is that most refugees are "bad hombres" but you assume a few of them are good people?

I'll err on the side of caution when dealing with a religion that endorses Taqiyya. "We don't know" has got to equal "we're not taking the risk" or we are all FUBARed.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I've read on it, don't really have many issues with how Hungary handles this. It seems to be working for them as they don't have civilians laying in the streets bleeding from terror attacks...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You handle issues of national security AND sovereignty with pragmatic logic. That starts with preserving what you have first and foremost and weighing the risks against the gains.

Yet, Hungary is not doing that at all...

I encourage you look deeper into Hungary's policies and the ideology driving them. Nothing pragmatic going on there...

At this time in the developed world's history, there are very few undercolonized frontiers remaining, so there is no gain for a nation to have simply by increasing the number of adventurous warm bodies entering the country. The risks far outweigh any tangible benefit.

Again: the world took in Hungarian refugees by the millions during and after WWII based on compassionate grounds and a sense of humanity. There was NO tangible benefit in doing so, nor was pragmatic logic involved. Therefore, I disagree with you: Humanity and empathy has played a factor in the past and should play a factor in the present.

ETA: there is a difference between *refugees* and *migrants*....

edit on 6-6-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I've read on it, don't really have many issues with how Hungary handles this. It seems to be working for them as they don't have civilians laying in the streets bleeding from terror attacks...

Here in Canada we have taken in many refugees and we don't have civilians laying in the streets bleeding from terror attacks...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You forget that many of these so called refugees were in fact already established in Turkey but chose to leave and jump on the gravy train. Many were Pakistani's who btw we are not bombing the crap out of. Many were Albanian Romanian gypsies who again funnily enough no-one is bombing the crap out of. Thousands were and are proven economic migrants using the crisis as a convenient way out bypassing normal legal immigration channels. We have them here in the Uk...most now sell the Big Issue with baby in toe. They are truly such a benefit to UK society

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And the Nazis have been invoked yet again. Some people here need to try some fresh material.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Modern humanity simply can not see how ridiculous the comparison is because they lack perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

www.trtworld.com...

Czech government announced on Monday that it will stop taking refugees under an EU scheme to share asylum seekers who arrived in Greece and Italy, citing security concerns.

Under a plan agreed in 2015, the European Commission wants EU member states to each admit a quota from a total of 160,000 asylum seekers stuck in the two Mediterranean countries.

"Due to the aggravated security situation and the dysfunctionality of the whole system, the government approved a proposal to halt this system for the Czech Republic," Interior Minister Milan Chovanec told a news conference following a cabinet meeting.

"That means the Czech Republic will not be asking for migrants to be relocated from Greece and Italy."

The European Union may have to decide whether an EU civil war is worth saving a handful of good apples from an otherwise rotten bushel. These EU countries like the Czechs and Polish are finally waking up to what it means to be an honest to god sovereign nation again, rather than the little lapdog of Germany's latest effort to control the entirety of Europe. As an American I believe that any movement of power away from a centralized government and towards sovereign states is to be applauded. Lord knows our federal government has adopted the EU's more hairbrained schemes everytime a globalist stooge in DC gets a chance to implement them...

So yay to the Czechs, Slovakians, Poles, and Hungarians! Here's hoping you're all just the seeds of a field which will grow plentiful crops and ultimately return the Earth to the sanity of strong borders and maintained limits.

Good, I enjoyed my visits to Czech R, Slovakia and Hungary.

They aren't stupid.

Picked up a taste for the local spirits in the CR.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

www.trtworld.com...

Czech government announced on Monday that it will stop taking refugees under an EU scheme to share asylum seekers who arrived in Greece and Italy, citing security concerns.

Under a plan agreed in 2015, the European Commission wants EU member states to each admit a quota from a total of 160,000 asylum seekers stuck in the two Mediterranean countries.

"Due to the aggravated security situation and the dysfunctionality of the whole system, the government approved a proposal to halt this system for the Czech Republic," Interior Minister Milan Chovanec told a news conference following a cabinet meeting.

"That means the Czech Republic will not be asking for migrants to be relocated from Greece and Italy."

The European Union may have to decide whether an EU civil war is worth saving a handful of good apples from an otherwise rotten bushel. These EU countries like the Czechs and Polish are finally waking up to what it means to be an honest to god sovereign nation again, rather than the little lapdog of Germany's latest effort to control the entirety of Europe. As an American I believe that any movement of power away from a centralized government and towards sovereign states is to be applauded. Lord knows our federal government has adopted the EU's more hairbrained schemes everytime a globalist stooge in DC gets a chance to implement them...

So yay to the Czechs, Slovakians, Poles, and Hungarians! Here's hoping you're all just the seeds of a field which will grow plentiful crops and ultimately return the Earth to the sanity of strong borders and maintained limits.

I get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You forget that many of these so called refugees were in fact already established in Turkey but chose to leave and jump on the gravy train. Many were Pakistani's who btw we are not bombing the crap out of. Many were Albanian Romanian gypsies who again funnily enough no-one is bombing the crap out of.

You mistake my argument for *refugees* for *migrants*. I did mention there is difference in my earlier post to the OP because I noticed he was lumping the two together...

Thousands were and are proven economic migrants using the crisis as a convenient way out bypassing normal legal immigration channels

Now you're speaking my language. I acknowledge this is a reality and problem concerning *migrants*.

We have them here in the Uk...most now sell the Big Issue with baby in toe.

The OP is not about UK. The OP is focusing on Hungary, Poland, and Czech Republic. The issue there is *refugees* AND *migrants*.

They are truly such a benefit to UK society

That sucks for you guys. Here in Canada *refugees* are a benefit to society. Some even have started their own business and made a wonderful life for themselves and family along with fitting in with society.

I assume YOU are contributing and being of benefit to society as well. Yeah...?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join