It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to a local mosque and this is what I overheard being taught to young Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless
They do it all the time, in public, and at their own institutions. But if you are not in the forest when the tree falls, of course you won't hear it make a sound.

If you really were sincere about that comment, you would never have asked it because you would have had enough wit to search for the multitude of times when they do condemn the zealots and terrorists. They do it rater routinely, the news only occasionally covers it, usually mostly locally. Because they just cant quite fit it into the coverage of nationally and internationally broadcast programs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: TomLawless
Why don't these people speak out and publicly denounce these animals?

That's how it starts.
Why should they have to?
Not their responsibility. And they do. It's been talked about and sources here but it's never enough. They should have some more as if every Muslim is their responsibility

Because their religion means everything to them, its their life..
So people that worship the same god and comes from the same culture will have more impact
More then a group of white non believers..
And now.. please never use that excuse again.. they HAVE to fight this from within
before mine and yours kids are next to be killed in a "holy" war

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Many have
130 Imams have issued a statement saying there will be no Islamic burials for any terrorists

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

They prob would have more of an impact but it is still not their responsibility any more than it is yours or mine.
And see above

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There really isn't much point in addressing comments like that. There was a thread written awhile back for these forums to show this is the case and people STILL argued that it wasn't happening. In that thread even. They don't want to believe and just want an excuse to hate.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
I think a big underlying cause of the division we are starting to see between Saudi Arabia and some of its neighbors, as well as communities afar is that people are wising up to the Wahhabi's as the culprit. Maybe much of what we are witnessing in regards to diplomatic spats are the results of the beginnings of this shunning??

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

I don't believe you.

So, what's next?

peace

"To those who believe in me, no proof is necessary. To those who do not, no proof is possible."

What is next is for you to decide for yourself.

Will you be ruled by your fears, or your hopes?

Will you act out in anger, no matter that the innocent may be harmed with the guilty, or will you act with compassion and justice, no matter that further harm may come to you and those you love?

What is the nature of your heart and soul?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That's nice and all, but going into a christian church will usually yield the same results. Still doesn't make any difference when one of them goes off the deep end and murders people.

If nobody was feeling they had the moral mandate from their supreme being maybe they could not be motivated to extremism, christian, muslim, or whatever sect, quite so readily.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Oh hey, thanks for that. I will bookmark it into my sig and use it as a reference every time I read the question being asked again.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well I think the OP dehosted many of the great screen caps of Muslims protesting violence he had in the thread, but it still serves its purpose with links.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Spacespider

They prob would have more of an impact but it is still not their responsibility any more than it is yours or mine.
And see above

Agree..
but we are looking for a solution, a end to this
And the best way to stop it, is from within..
More of that

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If somebody made a thread telling you a story of him walking into a mosque and hearing the teacher teaching radical views to children, would you believe him?

Or would you ask for proof?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm quite sure all mosques are teaching their young what you heard.
Thank you for sharing.

Sadly it comes down to the individuals who choose to go their own ways, they are influenced by others.
Christians and other religions are taught the same, not to hurt others, but they still do it

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Good to hear.

It's also one of thousands of mosques across Europe and America where extremism is cultivated in some of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thank god, that is great to hear. Maybe there is some hope for the future, or at least some Muslim groups that don't secretly support the jihad against western civilization. I'd certainly rather everyone get along. They are a brave mosque and should be thanked for what is probably a difficult position in their community. If there is to be any resolution to our current state of affairs between Islam and the west, it will have to be spearheaded by people such as these.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Its Wahhabism that is the religon of all these terrorists. A Saudi Arabian 18th century cult of murderers.

It only spread because Saudi bribes people with oil money. Maybe 5 percent or less of Islam is this poisonous Wahhabism

I feel better that we are only talking about 80 million people that want to kill me...and here I thought this whole terrorist thing was serious.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

All mosques are definitely not teaching this. There are ample videos all over the internet that will show you what the hard-line mosques teach. Spoiler alert: it's not about hugs and hippy stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ok, so what's your point?
The one you attended preached peace.
Did the thousands of others do the same?

edit on 6-6-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Though what you say is suppose to be correct if they are following Islam correctly, but I hate to say it, I'm not sure if your story sounds credible. For a non-Muslim person who just happens to wonder into a Mosque and just happens to find themselves watching a class there while all seemly just free to do as you like, especially after the recent attacks that would have EVERYONE on edge including Mosques with strangers who just happen to come in...I find the story suspicious to say the least.

edit on 6-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Maybe they saw you coming in and pulled a lever. Ever think of that. (Sarcasm)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join