It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Christosterone
Lawyers don't support conservatives candidates????

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

-Chris

What the eff.......

I did not get this either?

Many conservative politicians ARE lawyers themselves...

That particular poster is almost exclusively a partisan troll.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yet another Libby hit piece, totally fake news

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

-Chris

What the eff.......

I did not get this either?

Many conservative politicians ARE lawyers themselves...

More of the "poor whittle me," boo-hoo'ing from the "straight white makes are the most persecuted people on the planet," about how the "liberal fake news is being mean to dear Leader."

Lawyers don't support conservative candidates.... only in Alt-Reich land where #alternativefacts trump reality all day, every day.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Normally...Lawyers don't SHY away from unsavory clients.

Case in POINT:

John Adams represented/defended BRITISH soldiers of the Boston Massacre. Trump is allegedly harder to defend that the men who caused the first deaths of our Revolution.

And...what about the lawyers who DEFENDED OJ Simpson? We wouldn't even KNOW who the Kardiashians are today without the OJ case.

To a lawyer, PR is PR...Good or BAD! Name recognition is EVERYTHING!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

He has a HISTORY of not paying people.

ALSO....he's not even listening to his current WH counsel.

Who would willingly WANT to work for a man that may or may NOT pay, and probably WONT listen?

Okay.

But none of that detracts from the point I made -- the current vilification etc of anyone and everyone who does not outright condemn and denounce everything and anything Donald Trump, thus making it a bad business decision to do business with him now and in the foreseeable future -- which still stands.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's OK though ... perhaps a Russian Law Firm MIGHT take him? After all...

Lawyers who said Trump has no ties to Russia named Russian law firm of 2016:

Morgan Lewis tax partners Sherri A Dillon and William F Nelson said a review of Trump’s tax returns for the past 10 years did not find income from Russian sources during that period, save for “a few exceptions”.
Link

Morgan Lewis? Hm...what's on THEIR website?

MOSCOW, May 2, 2016: Morgan Lewis has been recognized by Chambers & Partners’ 2016 Chambers Europe guide as Russia Law Firm of the Year. The prestigious honor was announced at the publication’s recent annual awards dinner in London, where firms from 24 countries were recognized.

Lawfirm's own website...

I guess Trump can always just retain THEM?

edit on 6-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

What are the mathematical odds that four different law firms had the same statement?

They didn't.

Leave your emotions out of it and analyze the article for once.

It paints the subject as a law breaking criminal that needs to shop for attorneys.

"why would he need an attorney" people ask

It is suggestive slander, and it has flooded the news.

The media is the fat kid who popped the ball and went home because they can't perform.

This article would be laughed out of court because emotional manipulation doesn't cut it in the real world, just the tabloid media and planet Facebook, where people like to get bent out of shape to cover their shortcomings.

The increase in social media will increase the amount of people that can be manipulated, especially if we see a continued trend of emotion-based decision making.

It is a dangerous path to send civilization down just to control a voting block, or for click ratings.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Trump might need to get a court appointed lawyer to represent him. That way the lawyer won't have to worry about getting paid.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So the president of a superpower is shopping for lawyers to defend himself in the civilians court?

lol, you guys

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lawyers don't support conservatives candidates

This wins the "nonsense statement of the day" award.

I know...never mind lawyers, he still needs between 50-60 Ambassadors to represent America abroad and in the various organisations, they include most of Europe and the UK. He does have one for Russia though...I think...ewwww, I am being naughty! Maybe Russia could knock out a high-flying barrister for him

edit on 6-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Who would willingly WANT to work for a man that may or may NOT pay, and probably WONT listen?

Want to hear something funny? Trump listens more to his followers than the people around him. good example is my advice i gave him on making another EO to sidestep the court. ALthough he totally Screwed up with the rewrite.
maybe ill offer my services again if he will give me a posistion in the administration somewhere in a job where no confirmation is needed and i can work online from home.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

-Chris

Why NOT? There's a LOT of money to be made representing any/all polticians!!!

Many conservative politicians ARE lawyers.

Lawyers spend a measly three years learning to argue both sides of a point with no attachment to the morality of the side with which they argue...

Ergo, law schools churn out moral relativists...it's causality...
While a significant portion, albeit a minority to be sure, may be able to hold fast to their morality, most become infected with moral relativism...

In short, they abandon the principles we are all born knowing which allow us to see all actions as only good or evil, black or white, right or wrong...

Theirs becomes a world of gray where all behaviors can be explained by moral relativism...

This is the ethos of the amoral left.

-Chris

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Want to hear something funny? Trump listens more to his followers than the people around him. good example is my advice i gave him on making another EO to sidestep the court. ALthough he totally Screwed up with the rewrite.
maybe ill offer my services again if he will give me a posistion in the administration somewhere in a job where no confirmation is needed and i can work online from home.

Anonymously of course...but you need to spell propa though.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

-Chris

Why NOT? There's a LOT of money to be made representing any/all polticians!!!

Many conservative politicians ARE lawyers.

Lawyers spend a measly three years learning to argue both sides of a point with no attachment to the morality of the side with which they argue...

Ergo, law schools churn out moral relativists...it's causality...
While a significant portion, albeit a minority to be sure, may be able to hold fast to their morality, most become infected with moral relativism...

In short, they abandon the principles we are all born knowing which allow us to see all actions as only good or evil, black or white, right or wrong...

Theirs becomes a world of gray where all behaviors can be explained by moral relativism...

This is the ethos of the amoral left.

-Chris

The air might be getting a little thin way up there on that high horse.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Does he listen? OR does he LIE?....

According to his son-in-law...

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter.

“I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist.

“He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

Link

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

So you ADMIT that absolutism is a GOOD thing?

Despite the fact the WORLD is not a black/white model?

Something...something...sith deal in absolutes....

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't see the article saying that four law firms made the exact same statement. How about checking your ego at the door and follow your own advice?

Leave your emotions out of it and analyze the article for once.

For someone lecturing people on analyzing an article, I don't think you even read it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A BIG part of the article many miss is THIS:

Others mentioned potential conflicts with clients of their firms, such as financial institutions that have already received subpoenas relating to potential money-laundering issues that are part of the investigation.

They are ALREADY representing people for potential RUSSIAN money laundering from the GOP and election! I think I hear Mr. RICO knocking!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Four top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump

Why not make it more interesting ?

"Four of the Five top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump"

There you go......

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Newsflash - society is split down the middle and political ideologies have become the new norm as the basis of decision making. Even in courtrooms. There is no surprise that in any profession you would care to name, that some would decide not to work with the current administration.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join