It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump bring out the worst in people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From the increase of racist crimes against minorities, Jews and Muslims particularly, to the irrational responses to Trump from liberals, such as Kathy Griffin and Riza Aslan, the CNN religious commentator, all over the pubic square and private spectrum the reactions to Donald Trump are bringing out the worst in many people.

This is expected, since number one, human nature tends to be imitative, and a highly provocative political person always riles up the opposite political side often to exaggerated levels of response.

The great Deepak Chopra offers helpful hints on dealing with this:

Deepak Chopra: Climbing Down from Trump Rage—Why We Must
www.thedailybeast.com...

This will continue unless we have a plethora of reasonable voices to come forth and balance the negative nature of Trumps output.

Indeed, history has shown that in perilous times like a Trump presidency, often true greatness rises out of some inner sanctuary of the universe and a positive ( such as an FDR from the depression, a Lincoln from slavery, a Martin Luther King from racism) can come out of a highly negative phenomenon like Trump.

We can hope in this case that like the above examples a silver lining will appear, and give us some real gold!

edit on 5-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Is there nothing you won't blame on Trump.

Give the guy a chance.

Biggest bunch of crybaby sore losers I have ever seen.

Trump won fair and square.

Deal with it...Sheesh

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

LOL. I am sorry but you are wrong. People just don't want to take accountability for their actions. It is all about personal responsibility. If someone jumps off a bridge, will you?

In today's age people need a scapegoat for doing the bad things that they do. It is a shame what people will do to further a political agenda, and I speak of all political affiliation.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Just to reaffirm, but are you comparing Trump's presidency to racism, the Depression, and to slavery?

Well if people can overcome racism, the Depression and slavery, they are likely able to overcome Trump's tweets.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So everything is Trump's fault?

Wow..

If anything Trump has exposed everyone's true colors.

You don't magically become something out of nowhere unless you were always that deep inside.

But sure blame Trump for all of your own problems..

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think the out of control irresponsible media echo chambers are bringing the worst out of people.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
LOL! Unpopular but likely 100% true.... Id wager folks were assholes before Trumps tantrums and will be afterwards. Seems to me like I see a lot more of the Left side of things going haywire though.

I can assure you that personally, Trump has had NO effect on me. I was a jerk way way before he came along. Hell, Id likely be a LOT more irritable if Hills had won. So you could say Trump has actually calmed some folks down..

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Did Trump bring it out or was that their natural inclination and how they act in their lives already. I tend to lean towards the latter. I mean it's not as if all of a sudden just because of Trump these people developed the mental acuity of a 5 year old. No these people were already like we see them behave...Only now it gets coverage and it gets backed up by all the others who act the same. So at the end of the day we have only ourselves to blame for our actions...Not anyone else or anything else...We act the way we do because we choose to.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yea just look what Don made this funny lady do. And he broke her......which wouldn't be hard considering she has always been a nervous wreck.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

To put it nicely....hogwash.
How are we going to balance the negative nature of the Leftist's output?
Perhaps the only group in history that has claimed to be the most tolerant and yet are intolerant to anything that goes against their viewpoint.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's not just Trump supporters but also regressive leftists too. In my college, it is the regressive leftist millennials that introduce the idea that pulling fire alarms is a form of 'protest'. Before the millennials came, nobody considered pulling fire alarms as a form of 'protest'.

edit on 6/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A simple question for all of you pro Trump knee jerks.
Did you EVER hear of anyone praising Trump for being a nice guy? A decent person?
I've followed Trump since he first became a media event, MANY years ago.In all that time I heard he was entertaining, a business man etc. But never once, a nice human being.
Has he ever taken some of the absurd amount of money he has to benefit anyone other than himself? WHEN???
Bill Gates has, Musk has, Buffett has, The Kennedy's have etc. Where's the Trump Foundation?
OR did you guys just latch on the Trump when he ran for President.
MAN, America runs on propaganda!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OP is the epitome of what's wrong with today.

Don't think I've ever been so offended by something that has nothing to do with me.

The ignorance is like a cyber slap to my face.

Here is a good opportunity for the lefties that always complain about partisan hit pieces that keep the division alive.

I won't get my hopes up though.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Is there nothing you won't blame on Trump.

Give the guy a chance.

Biggest bunch of crybaby sore losers I have ever seen.

Trump won fair and square.

Deal with it...Sheesh

You have to overlook WillTell. He's as fixated on hurting President Trump as CNN is. Every family has one.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PDXEX

Well he didn't get elected even for being a nice guy. And those he defeated in the primary and election Dem and Republican were all telling us what a crap human he was.......and he still won.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When you deflect and blame others for your own actions and behaviors, you're a sociopath.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PDXEX

A simple question for all of you pro Trump knee jerks.
Did you EVER hear of anyone praising Trump for being a nice guy? A decent person?
I've followed Trump since he first became a media event, MANY years ago.In all that time I heard he was entertaining, a business man etc. But never once, a nice human being.
Has he ever taken some of the absurd amount of money he has to benefit anyone other than himself? WHEN???
Bill Gates has, Musk has, Buffett has, The Kennedy's have etc. Where's the Trump Foundation?
OR did you guys just latch on the Trump when he ran for President.
MAN, America runs on propaganda!

Simple question for all of you anti Trump knee jerks.
What does being a nice guy or not, have to do with being the President?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The thread is about him bringing out the worst in people.2=2 beyond you?
Compassion and NOT BEING an asshole is American.Think FDR, Reagan, even Nixon. I despised Bush 2 but he did some good things.
The current admiration for dictators ala Putin and authoritarian governments is very un American! Very few women.Hmmmm
It's almost all limited to disaffected white men 15 to 35 that blame their troubles on "something" that MUST BE DEALT WITH!
Perhaps you shouldn't have slept through your history class.

edit on 5-6-2017 by PDXEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PDXEX
a reply to: RazorV66

Compassion and NOT BEING an asshole is American

You obviously must not be an American then.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Serious question:

Has Trump brought out the worst in you as well?

edit on 5-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join