It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we soon REVERSE death? US company to start trials in Latin America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This looks interesting and I don't know why people are upset about this. The testing was blocked in India earlier.

The first attempts to bring people back from the dead are slated to start this year.

Bioquark, a Philadelphia-based company, announced in late 2016 that they believe brain death is not 'irreversible'.

And now, CEO Ira Pastor has revealed they will soon be testing an unprecedented stem cell method on patients in an unidentified country in Latin America, confirming the details in the next few months.

To be declared officially dead in the majority of countries, you have to experience complete and irreversible loss of brain function, or 'brain death'.

According to Pastor, Bioquark has developed a series of injections that can reboot the brain - and they plan to try it out on humans this year. They have no plans to test on animals first.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I see nothing wrong here even if you disagree that this can be achieved. There have been many experiments in the past that looked to reach a goal but didn't but the information they collected eventually helped out in other areas.

The inaugural stage of the trial will likely follow the plans laid out last year for a trial in India, which was thwarted.

First, they would harvest stem cells from the patient's own blood, and inject this back into their body.

Next, the patient would receive a dose of peptides injected into their spinal cord.

Finally, they would undergo a 15-day course of nerve stimulation involving lasers and median nerve stimulation to try and bring about the reversal of brain death, whilst monitoring the patients using MRI scans.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Again, they will be testing this on people that are already dead. I think we have to accept that science and technology is on the verge of reaching a new stage that will question everything we think we know.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Cue zombie apocalypse. Zombie apocalypse in five!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh boy here we go -

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Zombie's right, that's all we need....

I'll pay extra to leave my mother in law alone...may she rest in peace.
edit on 5-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Do you know how much trouble the Clintons would be in if this went live?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I have been looking at World leaders and watching how they age , Was checking out John Kerry and his Wife this morning. Either they got a good surgeon or something is up because a few years ago he looked like death.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

OMG I seen that in person was the best play ever.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I shall also pass on a case of the zombies, we got enough of that in Florida without weird scientific conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I have been looking at World leaders and watching how they age , Was checking out John Kerry and his Wife this morning. Either they got a good surgeon or something is up because a few years ago he looked like death.

Kerry has an excellently healthy blood boy

edit on 5-6-2017 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I see several ethical problems with this, which is exactly why the tests are being done in a third world country (if this is in fact true). First, even though dead, the patient should volunteer for this. Simply donating oneself to science would not be enough. Second, what happens if the person comes back and is in extreme pain? Is severely mentally or physically handicapped? What if the person comes back and has no memory and is basically a giant infant?

Has this been tested on rats or anything?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That sounds familiar...

ATS, May 3, 2016 - Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Technology is finite, as is most of what man touches. Immortality is a pipe dream that really doesn't seem worth it. Living forever would invalidate meaning. It's a truly grotesque display of humanities arrogance. The desire to live forever is short sighted and extremely dangerous.
It is clearly based upon greed and an innate superiority complex found within people. I welcome death like an old friend because it's part of life!

Once you are incapable of dying, so too shall you be incapable of living! Be careful what you wish for, because it might come true.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Upset?! Who's upset? Forget blood boys and zombie apocalypses. There is one simple solution to this problem:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think this would be more applicable for things like accidents where a patient was involved in say a horrific car accident, and could be hooked up and setup within an hour to machines to keep the body/brain from dying.

I wouldn't work for old age, as it is the entire body that is falling apart, not just the brain.

Personally, saving people who were going about their business and suddenly had their life stolen by another idiot would be a godsend.

Living forever only should be available for those who do good things, imho.

(post by Trueman removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

While this may be possible, it would require administration within minutes of brain death. Once decay sets in, you aren't going to get those cells back.

Also, this doesn't do anything to resolve the issues that caused brain-death in the first place.

As far as I can see it, this is just another resuscitation method.

... and we don't know what sorts of issues may arise - even legal ones?

My suspicion is that we'd end up with a lot of living, but brain damaged, people.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This could be a hell of a blessing for families with children after accidents such as drownings or suffocation. Speaking as a parent, if they can reverse brain death AND the likely brain damage, there's no way in hell I'd be opposed to this as a treatment.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Can't yet cure the common cold, but by God we're gonna reanimate the dead.

...and people wonder why there is an ever growing number of Americans who distrust and have disdain for secular humanists and their science preachers.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
My suspicion is that we'd end up with a lot of living, but brain damaged, people.

We have those now, they are called registered voters.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join