It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Gulf Countries Cut Ties With Qatar Amid Accusations of Terror Funding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Six Arab countries including Saudi Arabia and Egypt have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, accusing it of destabilising the region. They say Qatar backs militant groups including so-called Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda, which Qatar denies.

The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with the tiny peninsula of oil-rich Qatar. Qatar called the decision "unjustified" and with "no basis in fact".

Source

The Saudis are trying to save face and place the blame on their neighbors for aiding and abetting terrorist organizations. These accusations are nothing new, except now with Trump at the helm, the US will likely follow through.

It comes amid heightened tensions between Gulf countries and their near-neighbour, Iran. The Saudi statement accused Qatar of collaborating with "Iranian-backed terrorist groups" in its restive Eastern region of Qatif and in Bahrain.

The diplomatic withdrawal was put into motion first by Bahrain then Saudi Arabia early on Monday. The United Arab Emirates (UAE), Egypt, Yemen and Libya followed suit.

Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain have given all Qatari visitors and residents two weeks to leave the country. It will be interesting to see if and how the US will respond. The head of the snake may exist outside of the Saudi’s control, but the attached body lays across multiple borders. It's difficult to blame any one nation, so we use their central banking system as a mark.

Any thoughts?

edit on 5-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We were discussing this in another thread. I personally think "the head of the snake" is Saudi Arabia, and it's more likely that Qatar is being set up as a scapegoat for creating/supporting ISIS.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The Saudis are trying to save face and place the blame on their neighbors for aiding and abetting terrorist organizations. These accusations are nothing new, except now with Trump at the helm, the US will likely follow through.

Trump at the helm....?

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

If i recall correctly three years ago Saudi Arabia and UAE had withdrown their ambassadors from Docha for similar reasons but their relations tighten again in almost a year.

On the other hand however since the announcement there have been a rise above 1% within a few hours the oil markets because of tension in the Gulf and the disruption of diplomatic relations of major Arab countries, with Qatar, with accusations of "supporting terrorism".

The Brent strengthened 45 cents or 0.90% to 50.40 dollars a barrel. The West Texas Intermediate gaining 42 cents or 0.88% in 48.08 DOL. the barrel. Although it hasn´t been confirmed officially, there have been "Capital Controls" because of the massive withdrawal of money from banks.

Sources are in Greek but you can translate them easily online.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Peace
edit on 5-6-2017 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I started a thread in another forum but I think you found the proper one
This RT interview has some good commentary on what it is all about , I think

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sorry about that.

Link to previous thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black much?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Pot calling the kettle black much?
Appears to be .So will Qutar bend the knee or will we see a shift to the Iran/Russian/China full stop ? I think they see the writing on the wall and will look to the East and get on board the China strategy of the one belt one road .All they need now is for China to build a Bridge to Iran LOL ... Or a tunnel to Iran.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So now what happens with Iran, Libya, etc....?

This is the equivalent of me pulling one dandelion in my yard and thinking I've stopped the rest from growing.

Apparently I'm an idiot, but I'm confused on how this will work.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I agree, this is just a failing act of a dying power dynamic, that of the Saudi Kingdom, making its final death screech.
For decades the Middle East has been under the influence of the violent and tyrannical KSA. Foolishly thinking that going along with NATO adventurism in redrawing borders has backfired on them for the last two decades, and they are too blind to see they have sealed their own fate.

Iran may not be held up to the same standard as North American and European societies, but in regards to the cultures they share in the same region, are much better for society in the region than the oppressive Saudi Kingdom and its vassals.

I think what we are witnessing is really just the demise of the power of the KSA here to resort to these things. They are not sealing off Qatar, Qatar has an abundance of rationally thinking friends further East. All these countries are doing is sealing themselves off from the inevitable and they know it.
edit on 6-5-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Saudi's..thats rich, not even comical really it's so blatantly messed up.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

At 2:53 in your video:

RT Anchor: This so called 'fake news' story. Qatar is saying that the comment supposedly by the amir(sp?), the comments are fake, and that it was hacked, and that this hacked story was sent out. The thing is though, we've seen this huge diplomatic spat erupt in the region. The entire rest of the middle east, or certainly most of them, seem to be taking this story seriously. Qatar says it's a fake news story [and] that the comments are not true. Where does the truth lie in this?

Wow, even in the middle east you can play the fake news card. Qatar is just in denial. They had to be watching during our election when Wikileaks released Hillary''s emails. They had to know that people were paying attention to the emails and they had to know this would be inevitable.

So with no one else to blame for their actions and without being willing to take their own accountability into consideration, Qatar blames fake news.

That's pretty funny.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
LOL! It does look like the Qatari guy probably did say something dumb, and now they're trying to claim it was hackers.

But either way, the response is way out of proportion to the offense, so I'm thinking that there must be deeper political events behind this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They're all sponsors of terrorism. That's what that part of the world does.

As an aside, crazy that FIFA awarded Qatar the World Cup. FIFA is also a sponsor or terrorism.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This looks more lika a poorly staged charade. Coming from a hack ? I don't think anyone on his right mind is interested in taking any sides in this charade.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, a recognition of terrorist funding is a recognition of terrorism. This is not a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
After the 350 billion-dollar weapons deal with Trump (who during the election accused Saudi of being in on 911), they have to appear to be cutting total association with their depraved confederates in Wahhabi jihadism so they do this.

This was likely part of the deal to take pressure off Trumps hypocrisy

This is likely all for appearances…

Qatar being on Iran side and ISIS?…Unlikely

Oatar may have a local beef with Bahrain so they include all this stuff including the pro ISIS accusation just to besmirch them and take the eye off their own actions

Qatar also it said are supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood who strangely are enemies of the Wahhabi jihadi Saudis

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Heres another strange thing about this.

The US has a military base in Qatar where the US send strikes against ISIS!

Though Qatar is allegedly so supportive of ISIS and other terror groups yet the US has a base their where they strike said terror groups.

Isn't that strange

Is Qatar the US black intelligence cut out they use to, on one hand support ISIS, and attack them at the same time?

Qatar is home to the Al Udeid Air Base, the largest U.S. military base in the region where 11,000 U.S. personnel are stationed. The base has been used to stage attacks against ISIS targets. The move also comes just weeks after President Trump visited Riyadh and called for a united front against ISIS and extremism.

edit on 5-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Unless something drastic changes, I doubt the US would do anything to endanger the strategic asset of the bases location.

Maybe a strongly worded letter, or some strong comments to the media... then they will wait 15 seconds or so (American media) then they will be back to but Russia, we do not push Qatar to the other team... we keep our base, they keep getting paid by us while we use the base... win win win...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming?

accused Qatar of collaborating with "Iranian-backed terrorist groups

Now that Trump has shown that just like Bush and Obama, he is friends with Saudi Arabia. That he is on board with the old mid-east plan.

All the blame for the funding of terrorism is going to be shifted towards Iran. Lets ignore everything Saudi Arabia does because the terrorists they fund may want us dead and are continually attacking and murdering citizens of the western world....but...those same Saudi backed terrorists who want us dead also help fulfill our geo-political goal of destabilizing the mid-east.

So lets do a good ole switcharoo and focus on Iran instead. Its Iraq and Afghanistan all over again. Who cares who actually did 9-11, we need to secure oil and heroin.

In my eyes Trump has proven to be just as much a globalist as Obama and Bush. The only difference is, his faction wants the throne and crown of the global government to be in America instead of Brussels. I guess all these global death games are okay now that they are branded America first.

When Bush did them...BAD

When Obama did them...BAD

When Hillary wanted to do them...BAD

When Trump does them...GOOD

But what do I know. I am a nobody with an internet connection. Go pay attention to the usual names on here who will start spinning the narrative towards Iran.

ISIS and global terrorism becoming synonymous with Iran instead of Saudi Arabia. World wide thought manipulation in real time.

edit on 5-6-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join