It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Peaks: The Return

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GordonCole
Is Audrey "the dreamer?"

No, I think Laura is the dreamer.
The last scenes were Laura dreaming just before she was murdered - she already said she remembered Cooper from her dream.

I think Bob was killed or sent back from whence he came and Coop saved Laura. The scream at the end was Laura waking up and hence the scene went dark. Laura whispering in Coop's ear was her telling him what her father (possessed by Bob) had done to her, hence his sad expression.

edit on 8/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is Audrey "the dreamer?"

The last scenes were Laura dreaming just before she was murdered - she already said she remembered Cooper from her dream.

I think Bob was killed or sent back from whence he came and Coop saved Laura. The scream at the end was Laura waking up and hence the scene went dark. Laura whispering in Coop's ear was her telling him what her father (possessed by Bob) had done to her, hence his sad expression.

No Cooper is the dreamer.
The sad expression on Cooper's face in that last shot is more an expression of horror and semi-realisation that he's stuck in an eternal loop inside the black lodge.
He CAN'T save Laura. She is already dead.
He failed to confront his doppelganger, or the dweller on the threshold, with perfect courage.

To put it bluntly, he's #ed...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is Audrey "the dreamer?"

No Cooper is the dreamer.
The sad expression on Cooper's face in that last shot is more an expression of horror and semi-realisation that he's stuck in an eternal loop inside the black lodge.
He CAN'T save Laura. She is already dead.
He failed to confront his doppelganger, or the dweller on the threshold, with perfect courage.

To put it bluntly, he's #ed...

That is the genius of what Lynch did with this show - there are hundreds of possibilities and all could explain the events... I wonder will Lynch ever release a book or something to give the ideas he had that formed the story line? It's been confirmed that no new series is even being discussed. I think we just saw the last of Twin Peaks.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
so he went back in time to save Laura; unclear whether he did

he drives to a vortex / transfer place and ends up @ Odessa TX where he finds 'Laura' under the name Carrie Page.

takes her back to TP but the house is otherwise occupied...and we hear a scream at the end.
Mike asks 'is it future or is it past?' so...

guess we'll never know unless the 'dossier' book explains.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
at any rate Team Black Lodge took a beating this season

Bob in the Bubble; smashed by Freddy the Fist
Mr. C; shot by an enraged...Lucy?
Ray; shot by Mr. C
Darya; killed by Mr. C (shame, she was a beauty)
Richard Horne; zapped @ the rock
Vegas guy; killed by Hutch and Chantal
Hutch and Chantal; shot by the accountant with an uzi.
bad Chad; taken down by Freddy also.

FBI team:
Coop is still tracking Judy
Diane went with Coop then went her own way
Cole, Albert and Tammy still on the job

TP residents:
Truman, Andy, Lucy, Bobby and Hawk still @ the Sheriffs office
Ben Horne still running the Great Northern. sent a flunky to retrieve brother Jerry.
Sarah Palmer presumably still living miserably.
Carl still @ the trailer park.
Dr. Heyward still fishing?
Audrey presumably out of the coma.
Jacoby / Dr. Amp presumably still broadcasting, to Nadine's happiness.
Ed and Norma together at last
James still hanging in there

Vegas:
new Dougie tulpa/dopple happily fixed with Janey E and Sonny Jim.
Mitchum brothers, Fusco brothers, and Bushnell Mullins back to their lives.

Mike and the Fireman presumably still @ the other place
Phillip Jeffries exists in a teakettle (?)
still no word on Chester Desmond.

edit on 9-9-2017 by ElGoobero because: add helpful material

edit on 9-9-2017 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2017 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes, it does appear that Cooper may be lost forever. Very hard pill to swallow, but there aren't many happy endings in the Lynchverse.

One thing I have a major problem with though is when Cooper comes back to replace Dougie, he says he's 100% awake.

I so want to believe that line, that Coop can say with confidence that he's 100% awake.

What happened?

Does Cooper foolishly allow his dreams to guide him to a ruinous fate?

Remember back in the first couple episodes when his strange dream reveals the name of the killer--and yet, upon awakening he actually forgot the wisdom of his dream, only to lose the killer's name.

His technique of throwing rocks at the bottle as a kind of divination didn't seem too effective either--another dream he said he learned from a dream.

"We are living in a dream." or something very similar was his line.

Perhaps Cooper wasn't as grounded, or as mystical, as he appeared. Perhaps he's always been living in the dream world, fantasy prone, and that's what got him lost.

Cooper was just a regular man trying to be something more than he actually was and perhaps that lead to an identity crisis.

We'll be trying to figure this out for a longggggg time. Well done, Lynch.

edit on 12-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
I understand now more than ever one simple sentence that sums up the entirety of Twin Peaks.

The owls are not what they seem.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join