It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Peaks: The Return

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
@ ElGoobero
I noticed one soft connection to Chester Desmond and that's "let's rock". That was written on Desmond's windshield after he went missing, it was also a title of an episode in this season, Diane also said "let's rock" when asked by Cole to join the Blue Rose group.

@NarcolepticBuddha
I hope we see another season or or at least maybe a movie. The last book is coming out in October too, can't wait to read that, the Secret History of Twin Peaks was genius.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GordonCole

Book?

I've heard of the Secret History. But what book do you refer to?

I was reading that ratings and reviews for The Return look bleak. I am wondering how that will affect a 2nd season possibility.

Obviously the ratings and reviews are useless because this show is definitely working for the fans.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Bad acting, true. But do you realize it's a parody of all those badly acted dramas and soaps?

Yeah, but just couldn't get into it. Jumped ship on the show during halfway to episode 2.

not my cup of tea.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

There's a new book coming out in October called The Final Dossier, there's also The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, Welcome to Twin Peaks, and The Autobiography of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. I've only read The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer and The Secret History of Twin Peaks. The Dale Cooper book is hard to find, it's on Amazon for over 100 bucks.

The Secret History of Twin Peaks helps out alot with understanding Twin Peaks, especially this season.

PS. I found the Dale Cooper book in PDF form here www.glastonberrygrove.net...
edit on 18-8-2017 by GordonCole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Bad acting, true. But do you realize it's a parody of all those badly acted dramas and soaps?

Yeah, but just couldn't get into it. Jumped ship on the show during halfway to episode 2.

not my cup of tea.

Too bad. Go watch Game of Thrones or America's Got Talent or something then

By the way, gotta light?

edit on 19-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So gewd!

I really think we're going to see another season after this. Ratings be damned, this is fascinating programming!

Anybody got a hold on the Audrey/ Charlie thing?

I still want to know what story he threatened to end???

I got the feeling like he was the God-writer of the show or something.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I haven't looked into the ratings, nor do I care. This has been a great ride and I hope when the time comes it's all cleanly wrapped up in plastic. But I doubt it will play out that way.

No idea about Audrey's subplot. She's not herself and she apparently can't drive herself to a bar in a town she should know like the back of her hand. Something's off with that.

I'm questioning my view of Cooper now though. I'm thinking the Doppleganger is just a part of Cooper. Not necessarily good or evil, well, evil because of Bob but not so much because of being a Doppleganger... or something like that. But I'm thinking maybe Dopple is the thinking, functional part of Coop while Dougiecoop is a backup blank slate. When the one armed man said Dougie had been manufactured for a purpose. Maybe that purpose was to be a placeholder so if anything happens to Dopplecoop there's a backup body in place. Which could be why both needed to be present in the real world at the same time. Then there's the issue of him sending his goons to kill his other henchmen in Vegas. A good deed? Is Dopple becoming more Coop as Dougie is as well?

All pure conjecture.
edit on 22-8-2017 by Noncents because: Spelling Correction

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm thinking more and more that Audrey is in a coma and Charlie is actually her doctor. her wanting to leave but unable symbolizes her subconscious attempt to wake up.
I wonder if Coop will find her and help her.
would be fun irony if she comes to in time to kill Mr. C!

looking forward to the endgame.

also, I think Philip Jeffries is still alive and the kettle thing was a communication device

is Judy the blind chick in the TP jail?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Is Audrey "the dreamer?"

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

is Judy the blind chick in the TP jail?

I don't think so. I think her name in the credits is something else. Can't remember just at the moment.

There's still a lot of unknown elements and we're almost to the end!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GordonCole
Is Audrey "the dreamer?"

I hope not. That would be a terrible twist ending for us.

Audrey wakes up from a coma and yawns "It was alllllll a dream!"

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think we're getting a 2-parter finale tonight?

I hope y'all stop by after the show! Thanks for all your posts and interest in the thread

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
hoping Mr. C meets his well-deserved and overdue demise. who will do him in?

the guy with the glove
Coop
an enraged Audrey
an enraged Diane
'Judy', presumably the eyeless chick
Gordon/Albert/Tammy

hoping to see Chester Desmond one more time

any other subplots needing resolution? Richard and the assassins are gone and Norma is back with Ed.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

What color chair will arrive for Andy and Lucy?

I think the focus will be on Sarah Palmer?

Also there was that scene in New Mexico with the young girl being invaded by that weird bug thing..I wonder if that will pay off in some way? (Probably not..)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I think the weird bug thing was laura being implanted into her mother, which had a messed up effect her that didn't show until now (empty face and throat gashing).

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
well that was quite a confusing episode, seems cooper has stumbled his way into a parallel universe, which seems to have effected Dianne's memories, or maybe when dianne saw herself she maybe was seeing her alternate reality version 'linda?', notice right after she saw herself the duplicate vanished leaving only the dianne in the car, maybe it was like a feedback loop cancelling itself out, they merged, body remained the old dianne in the car but her memories became those of linda.

i think claire really is not laura but was able to pick up on laura's traumatic memories from coopers universe, claire may be clairvoyant like laura was. maybe she'll become a white magician like cooper.

i think cooper is after judy, he was lead into this alternate reality by clues given to him by the white lodge for the purpose of helping him find and destroy judy,
i think judy might be that monster spirit thing that was in the ghost box and broke out and slaughtered those kids.

i really dislike that i have to wait till next year for the next season

what the hell was up with that scene where cooper went back in time, its like he was trying to re-wright history to save laura from her murder but then judy swooped in and took laura anyway, or maybe i got that scene all wrong?
edit on 3-9-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

It definitely was very confusing. More questions arise than answered.

It's so hard to see Cooper puzzled and bewildered, especially when he was such a cowboy just prior.

He definitely crossed over into somewhere where night is day and day is night.

Chalfont (the previous homeowner) was the old grandmother with her magician grandson (presumably Lodge spirits.) I believe that was the first we were introduced to creamed corn aka garmonbozia aka pain and suffering. This was part of Laura's meals on wheels thing.

Cooper seemed to be presented as Laura's guardian angel in the film Fire Walk With Me. Leland asks Coop to "Find Laura," here in the finale.

Perhaps this is where the next season will go? Not just doppelgangers, but parallel dream worlds which seem to be countless in number...

As for another season...we haven't been promised one. We may have another cliffhanger, or we may have to accept this as the final episode.

To me, it feels like a cliffhanger. They can't just leave Sarah Palmer wailing and moaning in anguish like that

I thought for sure Sarah would be re-united with her daughter in a dream where she never died as it was set up in episode 17.

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE END!

edit on 4-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ugh... I... ah... I don't know, man.

I'm thinking you're right about Cooper trying to rewrite history. Save the cheerleader, save the world type of stuff. But I could see the angle of saving her would break timespace since she's supposed to be dead.

So maybe the only way she could live and not break everything was to put her in a different time. But that all went sideways when she remembered everything at the very end. Cooper changed history, history tried to compensate, but Cooper broke that when he questioned time which caused Laura / not Laura to remember and timespace fell apart. Extreme view, but I've got nothing else to go on. If Lynch wanted to end it, that would definitely do so.

I'm in agreement that Judy is probably the experiment, maybe? Or just the alien bug and maybe Sarah Palmer was the host girl from the earlier episode.

The most important part though is that season 4 isn't a go for sure yet. The little I've found online says there has been no talk about doing season 4 yet...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

I'm thinking you're right about Cooper trying to rewrite history. Save the cheerleader, save the world type of stuff. But I could see the angle of saving her would break timespace since she's supposed to be dead.

Right, but that's not what brought down the house.

Coop and Diane made a decision to cross into wherever they ended up. They approached this change with a plan (I would hope.)

Diane seemed very unsure about what they were entering into. Coop seemed more confident. He even noted that things may be different on the other side. He had some foreknowledge about his task "Find Laura."

He seemed so crushed. Last words spoken was Coop asking what year it was just before the "Laura!" flashback.

I think the Chalfonts being the previous homeowners and the confusion over the year are big clues.

This was a house destined to be a house of pain and suffering through time and space.

edit on 4-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Reality hasn't changed, Laura is still dead and no one has seen Cooper since he entered the lodge and failed to meet his shadow self with courage.

Cooper never left the lodge. He only imagined he did. Like he's been doing for the last 25 years at 2:53 "time and time again"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join