It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Peaks: The Return

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I suspect that 'Blue Rose' is code for stuff involving this shadow realm.

the white lodge/black lodge stuff from the original seemed to get gummed up here in the new show.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just about to watch episode 6 - got to say I have no idea at all what is going on, but then again that is pretty much normal for David Lynch and especially Twin Peaks (at least after the first season).
For some reason I am still enjoying it - I love how Lynch labours on particular scenes of mundane activity - find it very funny.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well i watched 6-8 ... Episode 8 - oh my. Strange, brilliant at the same time. This episode I think was a piece of film/TV history that will be remembered... there are literally 1000's of interpretations of it and the discussion boards and blogs are full of them. I am still trying to digest it all.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomMcCant
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have to say, I'm having a hard time keeping up. I wanted to like but its difficult to follow. even rewatched the original and film first.

Yep I understand. This isn't Twin Peaks. This is Lynch unhinged!

It contains many themes and elements from throughout his career. It's for the hardcore fans it seems.

Lynch does not give a fig about new viewers or Twin Peaks purists. He's making exactly his own art.

But there is also evidence that suggests this is more on par with his serialized version of Mulholland Drive before it was scrapped and converted to a feature film.

As I said back in a previous thread. This isn't Twin Peaks; this is Lynch's latest film/ series.

I believe he is tying in all his previous work to establish one, cohesive Lynch-verse.

edit on 28-6-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Can't wait for tonight, no new episode last week was a massive bummer.

I don't know about connections to the failed Mulholland Drive show. I just haven't looked into that at all. But I do think he felt a need to explain where the denizens of the black lodge came from (episode 8). And being drenched in metaphysics and aliens (?) it had to be weird and obscure and uber-Lynch.

I'm happy with it all so far. Even the like (what) five solid minutes of a guy sweeping, loved it. My wife was watching and started laughing at that and said, "WTF? Lynch is just messing with people". To which I responded, "Maybe. But that guy's sweeping and here we are, engrossed. We're hooked and nothing worthwhile is going on at all. That's art".

It's awesome in its own way.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

There are a lot of connections to the Mulholland Drive project. One of the most obvious ones is the loss of identity/ amnesia we see in the "Dougie Jones" character.

The man behind the Winkies dumpster looks similar to the dirty lumberjack entities we saw 2 weeks ago. (They've actually been showing up since the Return premiere 2-parter.)

There's more but it takes some digging. (Or just spend some time on a Twin Peaks forum where diehard fans are finding the connections for us.)

Lynch has always loved doing awkward pauses. Remember Henry in Eraserhead waiting for the elevator door to close? Remember, the man is a painter.
He's bound to do a couple of living paintings now and then.

edit on 9-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
crazy theory
what if Laura never died?

maybe it was her dop that got killed by Bob/Leland.
1) we know that people and their dops can exist at the same time.
2) Laura was either very, very good (meals on wheels, johnny horne) or real bad (coke user, flesh world). even different boyfriends (Bobby, James). there being two of them, real, saintly Laura and an evil dop, would explain this.
3) Coop encounters what looks like Laura in the Red Room; when asks she says she's NOT Laura.
so where is she?
*hiding in the woods
*in Missoula with Maddie's family
*in New York with Audrey (other theory)
*Buckhorn SD (where much of TP:TR takes place)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
crazy theory
what if Laura never died?

maybe it was her dop that got killed by Bob/Leland.
1) we know that people and their dops can exist at the same time.
2) Laura was either very, very good (meals on wheels, johnny horne) or real bad (coke user, flesh world). even different boyfriends (Bobby, James). there being two of them, real, saintly Laura and an evil dop, would explain this.
3) Coop encounters what looks like Laura in the Red Room; when asks she says she's NOT Laura.
so where is she?
*hiding in the woods
*in Missoula with Maddie's family
*in New York with Audrey (other theory)
*Buckhorn SD (where much of TP:TR takes place)

I like your thinking.

But from The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer we know she was a messed up girl, two side of her battling with herself. She consciously divides her personality.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Wonderful theory!

Maybe the good Laura is stuck in the lodge? She didn't say she isn't Laura Palmer, she said she feels like she knows her, but something is a tad askew (sometimes her arms bend back.)

The hardest part was trying to imagine good and bad Laura were the same person. I think David Lynch attempted a reconciliation with Fire Walk With Me by focusing on 'Laura's downfall.'

Your explanation makes a lot more sense to me

edit on 24-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I like that they didn't close episode 5 on a band scene and I can't wait for the reveal about what's up with the bands. There's no real reason to think something will be up with them but I've got a feeling there will be.

"Where I'm from the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air."

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
last few eps have been very down-to-earth (literally).
I think we're headed for a showdown. Hawk/Truman and Cole/Albert have maps with places.

somehow I guess Coop/Dougie and Mr. C will be involved.

those sooty bums are best shadowy characters since the Faceless Men in X-Files

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

It's not about the bunny...

and then...Jack Rabbit Palace -_-

I think it IS about the bunny.

Lynch-rolled yet again.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Man I'm trying to give this show a chance , but I'm 7/8 way in to Season 1 Episode1 and I'm struggling. The bad acting and over the top acting with the music is killing me and I'm a fan of old shows.

However, I will continue to see if it gets better.
edit on 24831America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 16:24:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Man I'm trying to give this show a chance , but I'm 7/8 way in to Season 1 Episode1 and I'm struggling. The bad acting and over the top acting with the music is killing me and I'm a fan of old shows.

However, I will continue to see if it gets better.

What made it great is what you don;t like... if you think season 1 was a bit strange, I don't think it's going to get much better for you!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, I just started episode 2 of season 1. I hope the scifi aspect picks up.

I get the humor aspect of it , but its not holding my attention.However, I'm not a big drama fan and it looks like this show is going to be 95% drama and 5% scifi aspect kind of like the walking dead which I cant stand.

Thanks for recommending nonetheless and will try to hang another episode.

Does the supernatural picks up more or is it just a minor part of the show?

edit on 24831America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 17:24:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bad acting, true. But do you realize it's a parody of all those badly acted dramas and soaps?

'Invitation to Love?' Hellooo haha

Fire Walk With Me had stellar acting.

edit on 12-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who can, with honesty, say this show isn't getting super exciting??

I'm starting to think we may even see another season. Will they really wrap all this up in just a few episodes?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought this last episode was great. So much happened, it seems impossible to wrap everything up in the last few episodes. I pray for another season, but I'm not hopeful.

Remember the lady who's car James used to fix in season 2? Anyone else notice her walking around the roadhouse at the end?

interupt42, season 1 doesn't have very much sci-fi to it, things start getting weird season 2 episode 1. Season 1 is just laying the groundwork and is mostly drama with little weird things happening in the background if you pay attention. I remember watching season 1 and having this feeling of things not being as they seem, and then season 2, I realize things are not only not what they seem, but they went a direction I couldn't have predicted. Then there's fire walk with me and a couple of books.
edit on 15-8-2017 by GordonCole because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2017 by GordonCole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GordonCole

Mrs. Marsh? no, I didn't notice her

things are getting good. looking forward to endgame.

re-watched Fire Walk With Me and it makes a lot more sense now, esp the Phillip Jeffries stuff.

no mention of Chester Desmond, which puzzles me.
of the original bunch, no mention of Donna Hayward. I think she was made irrelevant when Laura died.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GordonCole
I thought this last episode was great. So much happened, it seems impossible to wrap everything up in the last few episodes.

Yes, I agree. They've opened up more questions than given answers at this point. I think we will see another season. I have a feeling the whole "we're only doing one season" thing was just to save face if it didn't go well. Wasn't it supposed to only be 6 episodes or something? Well, they bumped that up to 18, so maybe they'll bump up the number of seasons as well.

edit on 16-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join