It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'll be voting *insert your party*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It does mean voting labour, ll never vote lib den after what Clegg did with tuition fees. I'll never vote tory, they've left lasting legacy's on my family. Then after that the other parties have no chance of being involved in government.
Politics in the UK is awful currently, I suppose it's our fault though.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I used to vote Conservative in the last place I lived because the constituency MP was a superb woman. The Conservative where I live now is a total dick and will unfortunately retain his seat.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It is always good to vote for the party if you base it the calibre of the local candidate they field. If more people did that maybe we would end up with a better crop of politicians than the load of bollocks we currently have.
a reply to: Funem

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

That's true, but unfortunately I would say our country has always been the same at voting on party lines. There are some areas of the UK that will always vote the same whatever. We need more decent people though and it would be great if they actually had held jobs in the past, Relevant to their positions when in government. The last one I can think of is Ken Clark who was justice secretary, he been a barrister before that so at least knew the system.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
Vote for the person most likely to benefit your area not on a leadership personality poll. They might not be in power a year down the line, but your MP will.

I don't really know any of our local MP's though and we're more controlled by a borough where I live which has nothing to do with party affiliation so it makes little difference here to vote for the little guy also I wouldn't want to vote for a person who stands by their party policies that I don't agree with, I see it as voting for them you're agreeing to their policies not just what they do in your constituency and it all trickles down anyway from Parliament, those little changes don't get to happen without permission from the Kingpin and their cronies at number 10

a reply to: crazyewok

Fair point can't argue with that, we all have our reasons for why we vote
edit on 5/6/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The female MP in my last constituency was a GP and she was absolutely brilliant. I do not think there could be anyone better placed to understand the needs and concerns of ordinary people.
a reply to: Funem

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

True, I don't like any of our political parties. I abhor the division that comes from attachment to any particular party.

I support individual politicians when they make a real stand, David Davis resigning without warning over the 42 days detention for example.

We had a black Fairway Driver (london taxi) at the time. I painted a huge F42 on the bonnet, DAVID DAVIS F42 on either side and HONK FOR DAVIS on the back.

Driving hundreds of miles on the motorways was a scream with an almost constant blare of horns from all kinds of vehicles. As we passed Catterick a Land Rover full of hardcore squaddies overtook us, they were laughing so much the Land Rover was rocking from side to side.

But I was confused recently when a very politically active man I know referred to Davis as 'my man'. I only supported him for that brave action, I wouldn't follow him on anything else unless I was particularly impressed.

I'd even support Corbyn if he outed the sex entrapment scheme.
edit on 6 6 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Do you not feel it's a wasted vote though, I mean in the sense by not voting at all you're basically helping the parties you despise the most, unless of course you despise them all equally in which case really doesn't make any difference whether you don't vote ?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I think my activism is my voice.

Horses for courses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join