It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore says -- I live a carbon free lifestyle to the maximum extent possible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
When these rich elitists pushing the global warming agenda live a more meager life (you know, because they care about the planet), then I'll consider that what they say isn't total bull-crap. Until then, I'm quite convinced it's nothing more than a scam for the rich to get richer and gain more control over peasant lives.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It does reach a point, sometimes, when you just have to sit back and applaud them.

The utter sincerity, yet hubris filled hypocrisy, is an amazing thing to watch. I have too much self-respect, apparently, because I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
HEADLINE!!!!

Lying B@57@rd politician lies again. Film at 11:00.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Al Gore is a big silly
and he does fake stuff for money

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How green is Al Gore's $9 million Montecito "OceanFront" villa?

I guess he's not all that concerned about rising sea levels....

What About Al Gore's Oceanfront House?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I didn't know Gore bought a tiny house. Who knew?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Al Gore, Im Serial

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Carbon-free Lifestyle" my azz. Just look at Gore's face and hair! He uses Carbon soap. I bet it stinks.

edit on 6/4/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Al Gore is a big silly

He also invited the internet.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Al Gore is a big silly

He also invited the internet.

And the internet mistook the invitation as an invention.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Interesting coincidence...

I was just revisiting the Lippo coal deal. Clinton/Gore really made some rare fossil fuels priceless to certain conspiratorial cronies with their environmental initiatives.

But I digress.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Interesting coincidence...

I was just revisiting the Lippo coal deal. Clinton/Gore really made some rare fossil fuels priceless to certain conspiratorial cronies with their environmental initiatives.

But I digress.

Lots of good conspiracies connected to that mess.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
He buys carbon credits to "offset" his carbon footprint.

I havent been keeping up on him, but the Gore I remember helped come up with the carbon trading scheme [along with Enron] (meaning he probably makes money from the whole affair), and he makes money off his activism stuff. So with his activism loot and carbon scheme loot he buys carbon credits from his himself?!?

edit on 4-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype
Surprise! Al Gore and his carbon credit huckstering partner David Blood, both principals at Generation Investment Management (GIM), warn in their October 30 Wall Street Journal op/ed feature of peril to fossil fuel investments due to “The Coming Carbon Asset Bubble”. They argue that such “unwise and increasingly wreck less” investment strategies pose three broad risks which will cause carbon assets to become “stranded” and lose economic value: through direct government carbon regulation; as a result of market-share losses to “already competitive” renewable technologies; and due to “sociopolitical pressures” causing carbon-intensive businesses to lose their “license to operate”.

Marketing Climate Alarm:

Of course this carbon regulation is posited upon saving the Earth based upon a “consensus within the scientific community that increasing the global temperature by more than 2oC will likely cause devastating and irreversible damage to the planet.” And where it comes to promulgating and capitalizing upon carbon-climate-crazed sociopolitical pressure, you would be hard-pressed to find two better authorities.

Gore and Blood, the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), co-founded London-based GIM in 2004. Between 2008 and 2011 the company had raised profits of nearly $218 million from institutions and wealthy investors. By 2008 Gore was able to put $35 million into hedge funds and private partnerships through the Capricorn Investment Group, a Palo Alto company founded by his Canadian billionaire buddy Jeffrey Skoll, the first president of EBay Inc. It was Skoll’s Participant Media that produced Gore’s feverishly frightening 2006 horror film, “An Inconvenient Truth”.

Yep. Good ol Al making a killing off carbon trading, buying carbon credits from himself, and then talking about being carbon free.

PUNK!

edit on 4-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Post of the day

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
How can he bold face lie like that?

He's a lib.

It's inborn.

No one is gonna call him on it. Be real.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
# please.

hahahaha!

More #please please!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Al Gore on CNN pounding the Trump decision to get out of the Paris Climate Accord.

He actually says with a straight face he is living a carbon free lifestyle !!

Hocus Pocus

Hot Air as needed

Al Gore just told the most incredibly bold-faced LIE ever!!

OH my gosh this is so amazing. In an interview on CNN, Jake Tapper actually makes Al Gore respond to Trump mocking him for flying a jet around the world while saying everyone else needs to undo their carbon footprint.

He says the stupidest thing ever.

He literally says, “I live a carbon free lifestyle to the maximum extent possible” LOL!!!

Wow, what a bold-faced liar.

full show (I think) ...

At the same time, this analysis doesn't work.

Someone's carbon or environmental expectation should be relative to their role in society and the resource usage necessary for that role.

Just like, a president has to travel a lot with a secure entourage, which by necessity will greatly increase their individual environmental impact. This is true for all of them at that level. They are involved in diplomacy, trade agreements, meetings across the world, etc.

In fact, if someone is utilizing such power for good ends, the net good they do can offset the increased environmental impact of such travel. This is a good time to bring up the idea of net impact.

They CAN lower their environmental impact, and should as much as possible within those constraints.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
He buys carbon credits to "offset" his carbon footprint.

I havent been keeping up on him, but the Gore I remember helped come up with the carbon trading scheme [along with Enron] (meaning he probably makes money from the whole affair), and he makes money off his activism stuff. So with his activism loot and carbon scheme loot he buys carbon credits from his himself?!?

At the same time, world leaders have to travel a lot. You can't expect someone with those responsibilities to end them, in the name of environment. It's far too simplistic, and isn't even what environmentalists have been saying in the first place. Such responsibilities of course have to continue, but yes systems, transport, energy use, etc, can and should be more sustainable. That is the point.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Lying is the new truth this days, so Al Gore is not really lying, he is just you know, distorting the truth, maximum means that to certain extend, so as long as he use something fossil fuel free, he is you know living carbon free.

And Because in CNN lying is ok, as their news are all base on lies, what he says is taken as the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join