It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Unarmed London Community Police Ran Away From Terrorists Leaving Citizens Alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So what are your officers suppose to do when people are being stabbed by a gang of terrorist?

Hide behind a car and call for backup while people are getting their throats slit?

Thank god for the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

CPO's are supposed to call for the regular or armed police.

If you're just going to ignore what's said, why did you bother posting?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

We're not "disarmed". I've currently got 2 shotguns, 1 rifle and a pistol. All have ammo.

It's just another myth dreamt up by people who aren't in this country.

BBC

According to the most recent figures for England and Wales, there are 138,728 people certificated to hold firearms and they own 435,383 weapons. There are 574,946 shotgun certificates which cover 1.4 million shotguns.

The UK has some of the toughest gun control laws in the world. If you want to own a gun, it is very difficult to do so.

Out of 65 million people in Britain there is 138k gun owners.

I would call that disarmed.

link   

Yes Thank God we have nothing like it.

Otherwise our schools Uni's workplaces etc would be more prone to a nutcase

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I've only seen it reported on certain US blogs. Not saying it did, or didn't happen, so far the sources are murky.

Two of the blogs link their claims to UK articles that don't mention the allegations at all. No mention of PCSOs or community police in the UK articles I've read. At best, the linked claims are currently spurious.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You weren't ignored your police officers with an actual ability to stop an ongoing situation are plan B meaning that they aren't on the scene unless otherwise told to be which means your typical first responders do not have an ability to stop an active situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Seems like you have your fair share of nutcases and none of them are using guns.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So what are your officers suppose to do when people are being stabbed by a gang of terrorist?

Hide behind a car and call for backup while people are getting their throats slit?

I agree with you about the second amendment but gun laws are ridiculously strict in this country. Therefore, the police rarely need to be armed with guns. They have tasers, pepper spray, batons etc. The Armed Response Units are called in on the rare occasions someone waves a gun around.

link   

We're not "disarmed". I've currently got 2 shotguns, 1 rifle and a pistol. All have ammo.

I gues they are all at your home and you're not allowed to carry them outside? That's the whole point. If the glorified neigbourhood watch were armed they could've probably prevented some people from getting harmed or even killed. That's one of the reasons why they attacked that specific area in the first pace because they knew there was nobody who could counter the attack.

+5 more 
link   

Seems like you have your fair share of nutcases and none of them are using guns.

Sorry but when it comes to nutcases The U.S. is street ahead than most other countries.

Want to deny that ?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Not everyone wants to have a firearm. If they do, they have to go through the proper channels.

And guess what? It significantly reduces crimes committed with firearms.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The community support officer or PCSO's are simply there to have a direct line to a "real" officer and only have powers to detain . They do not even carry a baton or anything like that..

The armed response units typically work in high gun risk areas such as Hackney or Brixton with other units on standby (CO19)..

The Met still has not given all officers body worn cameras you think they would stretch to the recruitment needed and expense of having every officer armed???... Not a chance, Police training is way under par as it is when compared to decades past due to funding and current procedures, the thought of every officer having a firearm is laughable, even Tazers are not rolled out to every officer in the Met..

RA

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How many European countries does it take to match the population of the US?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You weren't ignored your police officers with an actual ability to stop an ongoing situation are plan B meaning that they aren't on the scene unless otherwise told to be which means your typical first responders do not have an ability to stop an active situation.

Yep. Just like I don't have a police officer in my living room, but if something happens I can call them.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

I gues they are all at your home and you're not allowed to carry them outside? That's the whole point. If the glorified neigbourhood watch were armed they could've probably prevented some people from getting harmed or even killed. That's one of the reasons why they attacked that specific area in the first pace because they knew there was nobody who could counter the attack.

I'm not allowed to walk around with them, no.

But gun crime is very low here compared to places like America.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sadly, I think you're right. British youth are hardly trustworthy with Airguns nowadays, nevermind live rounds.

It's a shame, we used to be mature enough to respect them.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The failed European experiment will continue, we have the unique opportunity to watch the failed progressive policies continue to destroy your countries.

This is going to be a lesson that will not soon be forgotten.

link   

But they used cars and knives, how will a gun stop a 2,000 pound car from barreling into a crowd or stop some guy surprise attacking a few people with a knife before anyone knows what's going on?

I'm pretty sure TerryDon has already said he owns weapons so the people are obviously not disarmed.

link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

The failed European experiment will continue, we have the unique opportunity to watch the failed progressive policies continue to destroy your countries.

This is going to be a lesson that will not soon be forgotten.

What's that got to do with PCO's?

Nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Sorry but when it comes to nutcases The U.S. is street ahead than most other countries.

Want to deny that ?

The US has a population that you can't even fathom. One major city alone would probably scare the sh1it out of you.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join