It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if this happened in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Its true tbh. Different situations though as America has 2 vast borders to deal with...the souther one being the issue as it edges on some pretty rough lands. Even if there was a full ban on all guns and it was collected, it would still be coming in via criminal elements to the south, so its not an option to even discuss.

Britain has the luxury of being a island nation where gun smuggling isn't a difficult problem to deal with, and neighbors who are pretty friendly and civil.

Overall take, 2 completely different nations, 2 different realities. Trump is an idiot for his statements (as usual) and anyone suggesting the US needs to take note is also living in fairyland.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
maybe I am wrong, but aren't more people killed in chicago during the average weekend.
what happened in london was horrible, but it's kind of concerning that we seem to think that it's so much worse than what is happening on almost a daily basis in some parts of our own country.. by native born non-islamic people.
if we didn't have guns, I don't think it would matter too much, people would just find another way to kill other people.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Our 2A is going to be our saving grace one of these days.

There are literally tens of millions of American law-abiding citizens that conceal carry. Some of them wear overalls and climb on a tractor everyday; some put on a suit and tie and go to a board meeting ; some put on their heels and makeup and go to the office; some walk to the parking lot after a long day waiting tables.

I could describe many more like this. You would never know they are armed. They don't advertise it. They don't brag about it. They don't post about it on FB or any other social media.

But, we are locked loaded and ready.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

" Thanks to gun restrictions in these other countries it wasn't worse. "

What Kind of Dumb Ass Logic is that ? A Legally Armed Populace would Not Only have the Ability to Protect Against Insane Attacks like this without the Need to WAIT for their Disingenuous Government Officials to Respond to a Threat to the Lives of a Nations Peoples , but it would Also Enable the Populace of Countries other than America to be in a Position of Lawful Authority if their Governments were Ever to Decide to Bring an Ideological Political Tyranny Down Upon their Heads for Daring to Disagree with said Policies their So Called " Elected Officials " have Decreed . Terrorism Preys on the Weak and Helpless , and to Deny Any People a Right to Defend Themselves is a Tyranny No Man or Woman on this Earth should Ever have to Endure..........

edit on 4-6-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
well armed might be a tad dangerous in some situations, like a threat at a concert full of kids... unless they were also well trained!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That should go without saying.

If you are going to carry legally, as I do, you'd best damned know when to use it, and even more importantly, when in the bloody blue blazes not to.

I, once a week, and on Saturday evenings as often as possible, visit with a retired police officer, and infantry man (Vietnam), who tutors (tortures is more accurate some days) me in both. Situational awareness. Shoot-no shoot scenarios, etc... If I'm going to carry a tool with the capacity to inflict serious harm, I'm going to know everything I can about how to do that in as responsible a manner as I can possibly acquire. It's cost me a bit of money, and time--but the alternative which is making a horrific error just isn't something I'm willing to take a chance on.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Sure it will because AR15's work great against tanks and drones.

There are literally tens of millions of American law-abiding citizens that conceal carry. Some of them wear overalls and climb on a tractor everyday; some put on a suit and tie and go to a board meeting ; some put on their heels and makeup and go to the office; some walk to the parking lot after a long day waiting tables.

You could have written anti-Communism propaganda back in the day. Hold on while I salute my flag and thank God for making America.

I could describe many more like this. You would never know they are armed. They don't advertise it. They don't brag about it. They don't post about it on FB or any other social media.

They don't tell anyone because they don't want other people wondering why they feel they have to carry a gun around.

Actually that is pretty much a joke. Only about 3% of crime is stopped by a good guy with a gun. The last thing people need is for some schmuck with about three or four hours training with a gun popping off shots in a high risk situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nope, maybe not, but using the AR-15 to steal something that will is something to consider...isn't it?

Haven't had anyone wonder about me, and my holstered .45 sitting in the small of my back... Could be they understand why?? Maybe??

3%? That you know about, or are reported, maybe. If I'm any example, at all, most crimes that are stopped with a gun, not shot, just stopped, aren't reported. The person doing the stopping goes about their day.
edit on 6/4/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I do find it interesting how many have come on to say that their 2nd amendment right would stop this, yet the past has proven otherwise. It is a fantasy that 2nd amendment holders have of playing the hero and stopping such acts.

So what makes you so certain that if a terrorist attack happened, domestic or otherwise that you could stop it?

It seems that past shooting sprees where mass deaths took place show us that the 2nd amendment does nothing to really stop this. You can probably show me instances where a gun carrier has stopped something but I can also show you where it has not and it is usually a lot more than the few instances you have can come up with.

I am not attacking your 2nd amendment right, I was just making an observation. What makes my post any different than those on here who have used this attack to further their anti-Muslim rhetoric, cheering when they think they have been proven right or using this incident to spread fear and hate?

Also have read where people think it is OK to attack the families of the radicals, yet you think them attacking innocents is atrocious but see nothing wrong with your logic.

It makes no sense to bomb the hell out of a country where ISIS is and then turn around and act surprised when more radicals appear. If you bomb innocents, then don't act surprised if the surviving family members join ISIS because only an idiot would not see the negative chain reaction that will happen when you do this.

edit on 4-6-2017 by thetruth2017 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Imagine if this happened in America

The problem is, it seems that even the terrorists don´t care about attacks in the former US of A anymore, because that "empire" is finishing itself.

Or do maybe all of the "muslim terror attacks" happen in Europe, because the real perpetrators don´t want to shed blood on own soil? Like they don´t want to be made responsible for their doings worldwide, like through refugee streams they knew they would hit Europe, if destroying and destabilizing the ME?

It´s about time that terrorism(depending on who attacks and who is attacked, some call it struggle for freedom) hits the guilty ones again, the guitly nations(their rulers, governments) and then the guilty individuals in that nations, and not the average citizens, like nowadays!

Or maybe it is tactically easier to pull off attacks in Europe then it is America for multiple reasons...

Nah,,people die some place in the world and its time to blame, cry, point the finger at the US.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I can't help it, everytime someone pipes up about how this kind of crap wouldn't happen if we were all armed, I picture a situation like the Manchester concert attack, and among all those kid 40 or 50 people pull out their guns and start firing at what they think is an attacker.. it wouldn't look pretty I am pretty sure!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You are SO wrong. That's okay. I know a few guys like you. Not going to argue the case.
edit on 4-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's occurred to me, as well.

Training should be mandatory for concealed carry holders. God forbid that some of these yahoos ever get into a situation where they might actually draw those "toys" they're so proud of...much less use 'em.

My weapons are tools, not toys. ...and I hope, most fervently, to never use them outside of the shooting range, or a pheasant filled wheat field. 99.99% of carry permit holders, I'm sure, think much this way, as well.

But, yeah, I can't help but wonder, too.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

LOL...no we are not ready...If there was a war against the government...the government would throw us into the dark ages by the push of a button, water, electricity, gas, internet, goodbye...block off all roads for an escape...then use biological weapons against us or just nuke us.

The only chance for a rebellion is if a percentage of the government was in favor of siding with civilians...i.e. powerful whistleblowers....Private corporations would have to be building right now or have already built advanced weapons defense systems to weaken the US military if we were to go to war with them.

100 of millions of people would not survive if there was rebellion right now only using artillery granted by the laws of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Exactly.

Where are they getting this idea from, playing war during the weekend is not the same thing as a real scenario. They always try to use the American revolution as an example of what to expect, they don't seem to see the problem with that picture.

The revolutionists and the British were basically equal when it came to arms, whereas now they are extremely outgunned.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm not talking about a rebellion against our government. I'm talking about helping the government. I'm talking about being there when seconds count and law enforcement is minutes away. I'm talking about The People (law abiding citizens as a militia) standing with our government against intrusion, invasion, terrorism.

edit on 4-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yet, somehow or other, insurgents in other countries manage just fine...

Yep, all I've got are a couple handguns, a couple of shotguns, a hunting rifle, and an AR-clone. Somewhat useless against those oh so dreaded tanks and drones and what all else that dooms this hypothetical insurrection. Ah, but what if I, and a few other souls, use our AR-clones, and shotguns and handguns to steal, borrow, or other wise appropriate, tools that are suitable for the job??

As for using nukes and biologicals on us? Mmm...seems unlikely. Cutting off the roads, water, electricity...etc... And? Man lived without running water and electricity for rather a long time...I certainly can. Roads? I make a habit, call it paranoia if you want, of knowing the area in which I live at any given time. I have a bicycle that is fully capable of going off road.

An insurrection against a govt bent on tyranny is a tough gig--doesn't get much tougher...but it is very doable.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

People come to the rescue all the time saving people from life threatening moments without the use of guns...you don't shoot the water if someone is drowning...we will take the shirt off our back to wrap up a wound, give cpr, drive someone to the hospital, if they have been attacked by gun fire, not leave the victim stranded to go try and hunt someone down.

You can research things by activity...stepping outside your home for example you are more likely to see someone walking their dog, then someone who is on a shooting spree. Parts of Africa and the Middle East the threat of being shot while stepping outside of your home is much higher than the US.

It's like shark attacks, people don't go into the ocean due to the fear of being attacked by a shark, where being struck by lighting is more common. There are people in the US for owning guns and highly encourage it, but many people in the US throughout their entire like never shoot a gun, own one, see one in person, or see one being used. This fact of life is why gun control is debated because millions of US citizens have proven you can live a successful and healthy life without ever coming into contact with a firearm ever.

I think no matter how you slice it gun ownership is majority hobby based compared to mandatory equipment for your job. I think the "buy a gun for your safety" is a tactful selling point.

Top 10 causes of Death in the US

You're more likely to accidentally kill or commit suicide with a gun then protect your home with it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Or it could be that England and France (Europe as a whole) will take these attacks as their "just due" and find ways to further be "accepting" to those that attack them.

Whereas, when America suffers an attack we throw a dart at a map and blow the $%#^ out of that country for a few days (decade).

EDIT - Europe is a Pinata, America is a hornets nest. Which one are you going to hit with a stick?

edit on 4-6-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Europe is a Pinata, America is a hornets nest. Which one are you going to hit with a stick?

May I use that line in my signature? LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join