It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One love, Manchester live

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ariana Grande has called on the biggest international names in music to join her for this unforgettable evening, including Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Take That, Niall Horan among others.

Read on

I've opened this topic as a notification of this benefit concert to help raise money for all the victims and their families.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Meanwhile in the news nobody is raising any money for the 80+ victims of a bomb in Afghan this week.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Watching the crowd sing along is very touching.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

How much have you given? How many calls to companies, friends or representatives have you made?

Yet you feel the need to throw shade at people that are doing something.

Evaluate...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? These morons are all multi-millionaires but people with a minimum wage are supposed to help the victims with money they don't have. F#ck this sh!t. I'm not cheering a publicity stunt on.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It's about defiance, togetherness and healing...but you do you...smh.

link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

How much have you given?

As much as I can afford to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent every month.
But yeah, brown people thousands of miles away don't get the celebrity concert.
Shame.

link   

Not really the point though is it.

Glad there raising further funds, and yeah the crowd will be in full voice. Especially for the localish acts like Robbie and take that. Shame theres not more Manchester bands there like Oasis or The Stone Roses. The place would be bouncing for them.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Funem

I was making my own point.
I'm not bleating if anyone disagrees with it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The Conference adopted a Joint Communique renewing the Partnership for Peace and Development, which reflects the breadth of the international community's engagement in Afghanistan over the coming four years. This includes both political and financial support, which will amount to €13.6 billion for the period 2017-2020, and will be accompanied by continued and accountable reforms on the ground. The European Union and its Member States are together the largest donor, expecting to provide up to €5 billion, including all funding sources, of this overall figure. This represents a continuation of the European Union's high level of commitment to Afghanistan.

But it is rather difficult with from islamic extremists within Afghanistan to really improve the Living conditions for the people, certainly with attacks like this week.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It's about defiance, togetherness and healing...but you do you...smh.

Yes and nothing is going to change. The next attack will be carried out and the cycle continues. Who cares about the prevention of these attacks. At least they are not racist. That's what counts. Meanwhile Poland has zero problems with terrorist attacks. I wonder why. That's a fact btw.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Is Beiber playing anywhere to raise funds for last weeks 80+ people killed in Afghan by a bomb?
No, didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Meanwhile in the news nobody is raising any money for the 80+ victims of a bomb in Afghan this week.

Look after your own first pal...

Thats whats happening here
edit on 4/6/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: grainofsand

Look after your own first pal...

Beiber is not from Manchester or the UK, and you are not my pal.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Eh no.

English speaking people im talking about. Helping their own.

Whats your problem with that?
edit on 4/6/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sad That most of the people "performing" are American when this music scene could have had many more U.K. artists (especially Mancurians) paying a true tribute and respect from the U.K.

Sounds horrid and nothing against our US cousins here but thats the way I feel...

They jumped on the bandwagon.

It's all about gleaning free publicity in my opinion....

Flame away...

Sadly

Lags

edit on 4-6-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Eh no.

English speaking people im talking about. Helping their own.

Whats your problem with that?

Oh so now it's English speaking people we help first?
Glad I speak English and not Arabic if I ever get caught up in some terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Petty very petty
and unecessary

There is nothing wrong with dealing with our own home grown terrorism and its effects first but there's always someone that has to demean it to the point of being petty minded with the usual cries of What about the Crusades? What about Foreign Policy? What about the murders in Chicago? ad nauseum

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I applaud them doing something to benefit the victims. When they start with the "this will show those terrorists!" crap is when I cringe. It's so self-delusional, makes them feel important and strong. The most important thing you are doing is raising money for the victims, keep the focus on that, not your self-aggrandizing fantasies.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think raising money for any good cause is a great thing, so I won't condemn that.

However, I bet most of these celebrities don't pay their fair share in tax either.
This actually reduces the amount of money that can be spent on the NHS for example.

So they clearly don't care about people less fortunate than themselves, unless they can get publicity out of it, of course.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join