It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest threat to humanity in 2017?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

IF someone is able to challenge the attacker they should. IF not, then i guess just turtle up and wait for your turn to get blasted

i agree
thing is you never know how youre going to react until you are in that situation
gun or no gun. you dont know how you will react.
when the chaos starts and the noise starts and the heart starts pumping out of your chest and the fear kicks in.

you cant know how youre going to react.

gun classes and range shooting can not prepare you for that #.

very easy to sit here on a computer and say you would do this or do that but you cant know. you may think you know but you dont. you cant.

maybe if youre a service member and you have been in combat and been through that kind of training you would have a handle on what you would do but john q citizen has no idea how they will react.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
Despite the way it looks in the fight against Islamic extremeism, all is not yet lost in that arena. But it fills us with more and more hate as it gets worse... And unfortunately that is a distraction... because CNN is worse than ISIS... direct your hate at the Liberal media agenda... because they are literally aiding and abetting the enemy... Remember, one of the first things we did in ww2 was imprison all potential enemy combattants within our own country before confronting the external threat. That is what we need to be doing... not with JUST with Islamic extremists, but also, poisonous elements within our own society that are engaged in psychological warfare and aiming to bring down the whole of western civilisation. Treason is a crime and they should be investigated and locked up.

I'm not sure putting people in prison for potential future crimes is the solution. What if people are put into prison who are completely innocent? What if you were implicated as being a anarchist in league with Muslim extremists and put into prison. What if smart politicians used the preemptive imprisonment to get rid of political competition. I think having laws putting Muslims in prison just because they are Muslims might be a bad idea. I think when I was growing up there was a lot regret in the US for imprisoning US citizens of Japanese descent.

There seems to be a lot of people who think genocide of the Muslims is the only answer. I think once reactionary panic relaxes a bit maybe more sane public policies can be thought up to address the issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

i tend to agree with you

up until the 70's there was nothing in the way of terror attacks on the west.
that # started after western influence(from bombing all the way down the line)

i asked my buddy who lives in south africa if there are ever any muslim terror attacks down there. there is a huge muslim population down there.
he said ti does not happen

the attacks are all happening in western nations that have influenced or tried to influence or bombed muslim nations.

it does not condone attacks like this so please dont try to say as much...i mean anyone
that is what is going on

we have a snake eating its own tail situation

bombs go off. people get pissed. terrorist is born. terrorist bombs us. we bomb them cause terrorist bombed us. new terrorist is born and bombs us cause we bombed them

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Comparing the London Bridge attack(s) to Nazi Blitz of Berlin is ridiculous. Comparing the London Blitz to NATO "Blitzing" of numerous Middle eastern nations, overlooked.

I wasn't comparing them, I clearly said that is doesn't compare to the Blitz.

I was simply using it to highlight how we responded to potential enemy combatants in our country when the Nazis declared war on Europe.

We locked them up, and placed the safety of our citizens above the rights of potential sympathizers.

Today we have KNOWN enemy sympathizers roaming free, protected by a treasonous liberal agenda who aid and abet their continual acts of violence, while slandering those who try to defend our society from this evil enemy as "racist" and "hateful".

You clearly did not comprehend the point I am making. Try re-reading it.
edit on 4-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That does not matter now, because Pandora's Box is already open. No way to close it. Now we have to figure out how to win or at least fight to a stale mate. Even if we do nothing the attacks will not stop. So our only options are to fight with tears/Hugs or Guns/Bombs.

My conspiracy minds thinks , this all by design.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Skorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I the media creates the perception that radical Islamists are making terrorists attacks in a vacuum. They make it seem like the attacks are in no way a response to western foreign policy actions. It's really bad journalism. Why hasn't anyone interviewed this "terrorists" to find out what are their motivations? They don't because the result would be an backlash against Western foreign policies in the ME.

I blame Western governments who have NO interest in stopping terrorist attacks.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorp

That's BS. Stop dropping 25,000 bombs per year on Muslim countries in the ME.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That is a picture from a television show called the office fake news

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Agreed. Just think TRYING to do SOMETHING is better than nothing at all. Especially when a bunch of people are getting stabbed up. You dont know how people will react thats true.

I took my 4-wheeler to get fixed the other day, and the owner/mechanic of the shop had a pistol in a holster on his hip. Open-carry permit. Pretty good deterrant when deciding who to attack and who not to attack when you can physically see a dude with a gun on his hip.

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Stop trying to push crazy, lame religious views on me through acts of terror First.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

and i agree

i think trying to do something is better than doing nothing

i would like to think i would try to stand and fight. im not a tough guy but im not a punk either. i would like to think i would take a stand. i cant say for sure though cause i have never been in a situation like that...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Well until governments take a zero tolerance policy towards religious extremism and sympathizers. Nothing is going to change.

What, mass roundups, camps, the "Final Solution"?

At the very least tag or imprison the 3000 currently on terror watch lists.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Comparing the London Bridge attack(s) to Nazi Blitz of Berlin is ridiculous. Comparing the London Blitz to NATO "Blitzing" of numerous Middle eastern nations, overlooked.

I wasn't comparing them, I clearly said that is doesn't compare to the Blitz.

I was simply using it to highlight how we responded to potential enemy combatants in our country when the Nazis declared war on Europe.

We locked them up, and placed the safety of our citizens above the rights of potential sympathizers.

Today we have KNOWN enemy sympathizers roaming free, protected by a treasonous liberal agenda who aid and abet their continual acts of violence, while slandering those who try to defend our society from this evil enemy as "racist" and "hateful".

You clearly did not comprehend the point I am making. Try re-reading it.

No.

It is not even "apples and oranges."

Nazis = an entire country with major weaponry breaking international law and going on an empire-building rampage throughout Europe. They "locked up" millions of "undesirables" and murdered as many as they could in order to "purify the Homeland" etc. This was a massive, solid, clear-cut BLOCK of force marauding and warmongering through Nation States.

Terrorism = small isolated cells, or even individuals who have been radicalized often online. They are more likely (in the US anyway) to have been born in the nation that they later attack. They do powerful yet, on war-time scales, minimal damage, designed to create fear in the populace. They ARE NOT a "solid block" of people you can point to - they are hidden. This is NOT all Islamic people. These are lone wolf and small group attacks.

To treat all Islamic people like they are terrorists does a couple of things 1) terrorizes innocent law abiding people who could be helping you root out the bad guys, 2) due to the injustice of false accusation and prejudice against them, more individuals are likely to be radicalized = more terrorists, 3) more terrorists = ISIS wins.

Don't let fear win the war for ISIS. The people who claim to be "Islamic" who are perpetrating terrorism, are NOT considered to be Muslim by the peace loving and law abiding Muslims of the world. They are an anathema, and they want them crushed just as much as we Westerners do!

ISIS kills more Muslims than they do Westerners. Regular Muslims want them gone. Regular Muslims are therefore NOT the enemy.

Get out of the black and white fear/hatred dichotomy and learn some complexity, learn some strategy, some nuance for God's sake. Reorient your thinking.

Imagine a Christian sect went bonkers and became militarized terrorists, like, say in the days of the IRA, Catholics vs Protestants terrorism of the late 1900s. Remember that? Were there calls to lock up ALL of a religion because of it????

Were all Germans in WWII locked up like the Japanese in America, by the way? Think about that for a bit. Let it sink in... Why might that be?? Can we not be better than than for God's sake?

I'm tired of this. I'm tired of the broad brush painting of an entire religion for absolutely no reason other than the "foreignness" of it. Get a grip. You can't win unless you actually KNOW YOUR ENEMEY.

And know your friends...

AB

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Spoken like a true police state actor.

France: Abuses Under State of Emergency

Who cares, nobody on Ceres does!
You'll do everything for this nice delusion of savety, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
No one is defending the terrorists. We are defending the biliions if decent Muslims who are just like you and me. People who I see every day, friends and even family.

Correct. But I did not accuse you or anyone of defending terrorists. I accused you of defending an ideology that brainwashes people into becoming evil terrorists. Im saying it's not helpful we shouldn't be defending Islam for something it has created.

Did people blame every single German during WW2?

No, but they all locked up in Prisoner of War camps until the end of the war.
The reason for that is because they were associated with a country whose dominant ideology had declared war against us, and was attacking us. The situation is no different today with Islam, but it would be difficult to lock up 2 million Muslims in the UK so the best thing to do would be to deport them all and ban Islam, but well...

[SNIP]

Its a good thing im not in controll of the law of this country...

because you'd be in jail...

drops mic
edit on 4-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed quoted post that was removed.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
No one is defending the terrorists. We are defending the biliions if decent Muslims who are just like you and me. People who I see every day, friends and even family.

Correct. But I did not accuse you or anyone of defending terrorists. I accused you of defending an ideology that brainwashes people into becoming evil terrorists. Im saying it's not helpful we shouldn't be defending Islam for something it has created.

Did people blame every single German during WW2?

No, but they all locked up in Prisoner of War camps until the end of the war.
The reason for that is because they were associated with a country whose dominant ideology had declared war against us, and was attacking us. The situation is no different today with Islam, but it would be difficult to lock up 2 million Muslims in the UK so the best thing to do would be to deport them all and ban Islam, but well...

So you know what, ive had it with you people.

F*ck you for demonizing over a billion people frir the actions of less than a handful

F*uck you for using terrible event like last night to spread your fear and hatred for Muslims

F*# you for doing the terrorists work for them.

You people are as bad as the guys commuting the atrocities last night

You are not men. You are little kids hiding behind their hate. Just like the terrorists.

Its a good thing im not in controll of the law of this country...

because you'd be in jail...

drops mic

It is open and deliberate sarcasm apparently. Did you not pick up on that? Me either.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If that 'unsourced' image is true, then you see how they celebrate when their 'programming' is having its desired effect.

Are you questioning the Validity of my anonymous sources?

Racist!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

defending Islam for something it has created.

You really need to look into that, repeating a false dichotomy again and again doesn't make it true.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join