It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bathsheba, the daughter of the queen of Shebah?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yes I understand. I must confess to having ripped UF in the past much like Chester John.

Who is UF?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ham wasn't black its a myth. All those brothers were the same race. Ham, Japheth and Shem.

References please. Egyptians and Ethiopians were all descendants of Ham according to Josephus and most other sources.

Source: answersingenesis.org...
Full picture: cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...

In Psalms Hamites are used as a name for Egyptians. Ref Psalm 78:51, 105:23, 105:27 and Psalm 106:22 (ref. Brown Driver Briggs). Ham was also the father of Kush, and Kush is the forefather of the Ethiopians.

Hamites were black. A parallell is Norse mythology where Noah is named Heimdall, and Noa in Norse means Ship. He had three sons, one of them were black, his name was Trell and it means Slave in Norse/Norwegian, just like Noah of the Bible cursed Canaan calling him the slave of Shem. There should be no question Hamites were black.
edit on 4-6-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You do realize anyone who claims to have the ark is full of sh..

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Not all slaves were black. You can't just interchange 'slave' with 'black'. It doesn't work that way. Noah cursed his lineage to be slaves of Shem. He never cursed him to be black. They were brothers. Are you actually saying when he was cursed, he turned into a black man?

observationdeck.kinja.com...

That's right, the ancient Egyptians weren't black. They weren't white either,

edit on 4-6-2017 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am not saying all slaves were black. I say that Heimdall's black son was called Trell which means Slave. Canaan, who were also black, and grandson of Noah was cursed to be Shem's slave.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

But really were the Canaanites in Cana really black?

And if Hitts were black why is Sarah called fair word Hebrew fair skinned? Why is the Hittite Empire remains in Turkey?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

I am not saying all slaves were black. I say that Heimdall's black son was called Trell which means Slave. Canaan, who were also black, and grandson of Noah was cursed to be Shem's slave.

That dosent mean Canaan was black. That was some crap the american slaveholders dreamed up. Besides it just says Canna not the whole of African tribes anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Yes I understand. I must confess to having ripped UF in the past much like Chester John.

Who is UF?

Should have said UP!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Uriah was a Hittite. That doesn't necessarily mean Bathsheba was a Hittite. Hittites were from Asia Minor, not Ethiopia or Egypt. You are twisting things to suit your narrative.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Who is UF?

Should have said UP!

I'm confused. Are you referring to the OP or someone else? Sorry for the confusing. My brain is just going "herp derp" from all the twisting the OP is using to support some weird agenda he obviously has.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Canaanites were about as black as Egyptians. Look at old statues of Egyptian kings and heroes etc. They typically have African traits, like big lips, often reproduced in black stones. Call them brown if you like, they were certainly not Caucasians. Traditionally Shem became ancestor of the people of the Middle East, while Japheth became the Caucasians and Europeans, and Ham-- was supposedly the ancestor of Africans.
edit on 4-6-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Canaanites were about as black as Egyptians. Look at old statues of Egyptian kings and heroes etc. They typically have African traits, like big lips, often reproduced black stones. Call them brown if you like, they were certainly not Caucasians. Traditionally Shem became ancestor of the people of the Middle East, while Japheth became the Caucasians and Europeans, and Ham-- was supposedly the ancestor of Africans.

Whatever. That still doesn't mean that Bathsheba was black, or an African or whatever you are trying to imply. The word 'sheba' in Bathsheba has already been shown to you to be a different word that the 'Sheba' in the Queen of Sheba. And even if she were a Hittite like Uriah, that doesn't make her African either. That would make her from Asia Minor or descended from someone from Asia Minor. Not Egypt. Not Ethiopia. Asia Minor. This whole thread is stupid.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I had to come back with something I have been contemplating on for some time. Not saying it is the word of God but I study the Bible and when Cain said he feared he would be killed for killing Abel it was then that God said he put something on Cain that all would see and know it was him and he who killed him would suffer 7 fold for killing Cain.

On that mark is what I focused and contemplated what could a person see from an arrows shot or spear throw distance. The only thing that any man could see clearly would be the color of his skin. If God did make Cain black it would stand to reason if Ham took one of Cains daughters to be his wife (scholars believe it was so) then the black people did come through Ham, but Ham himself was not black only some of his children would be, that being why the curse was set on Canaan rather than on Ham whom God had already blessed. Why not any of his other sons? Why did he chose Canaan the reason could be he was black.
edit on 4-6-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

and don't forget that Japheth would possess the tents of Shem.

American Indians are by DNA Shemite, and Japheth does possess their lands where their tents are today in North America in the nations of Canada and the USA.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

All speculative. I understand what you are saying but there is nothing biblical about it. We don't know what the 'mark' of Cain is. Who was Ham's wife? Scholars believe? Anything biblical to back that up? I'd be interested in considering it if you could give me some sources.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

All speculative. I understand what you are saying but there is nothing biblical about it. We don't know what the 'mark' of Cain is. Who was Ham's wife? Scholars believe? Anything biblical to back that up? I'd be interested in considering it if you could give me some sources.

AND that still doesn't prove Bathsheba was African. We have her lineage, already posted in this thread. And as I said, if you want to discount her genealogy and claim she was a Hittite like Uriah ... you then wind up with someone from Asia Minor (not Africa).

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I love it that you recognized the Sarai was fair meaning white instead of good looking. Many don't see that, but it seems to fit the narrative correctly seeing Abimelechwas of the line of Ham, living in the land God sent them to live in after the tower of Babel incident.

Ever see the fact that Abimelech, as a Gentile, who had the law of God in his heart by nature before there was a law, that one should not commit the sin of adultery?

Ge 20:3 ¶ But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.
8 ¶ Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.
9 Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.
10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?
11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

the longest a spear throw is a little of 340 feet and an arrow shot is over 500 yards so you cant see details on a mans face, but you could see the color very well from that distance and further.

Yes it is speculative, but the Bible does not say what that mark was, and I hate to say the term "scholars believe or say".

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't believe that Bathsheba was black.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

the longest a spear throw is a little of 340 feet and an arrow shot is over 500 yards so you cant see details on a mans face, but you could see the color very well from that distance and further.

Yes it is speculative, but the Bible does not say what that mark was, and I hate to say the term "scholars believe or say".

And how did Cain die? There is no biblical account of Cain's death. The myth of Cain dying by an arrow still wouldn't make sense (I can only assume that is what you are alluding to) because they would have recognized from a distance his black skin according to your theory. The Bible simply says:

And Cain said to God, "My sin is greater than I can bear... anyone who finds me will kill me." God replied to him, "Therefore -- anyone who kills Cain will be avenged seven-fold," and God placed a mark upon Cain, so that all who find him would not kill him. (Genesis 4:13-15)

So all who would find him ... to me means meet him. But that is just my opinion. You don't meet someone at a distance of 500 yards. You meet them up close. All of this is speculative since the Bible never describes the mark.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join