It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with SETI@home no longer recognizing my password, ignoring my application for a new one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For several days, SETI@home has refused to recognize my password, after years of automatically logging me in whenever I visited the site. Repeatedly tried logging in with my password, to no effect. Also repeatedly tried applying for instructions for getting a new password, but received no response. I can't even ask a question at the site, since it won't let me in. Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so, were you able to resolve them, and how?
edit on 3-6-2017 by Ross 54 because: improved grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

I haven't attempted to login to seti@home in more than a year, perhaps two years or longer... but, I was just able to sign in without any problems of having my credentials rejected. Did you try contacting any of the people on the Live Help Page ?
edit on 632017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Perhaps they ran out of money to keep the org afloat.
Not to mention that they have been vastly outclassed by more sophisticated operations.

Their work has become passe, sad to say. All part of the natural escalation to the public and scientific awareness that we are not alone.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I haven't attempted to login to seti@home in more than a year, perhaps two years or longer... but, I was just able to sign in without any problems of having my credentials rejected. Did you try contacting any of the people on the Live Help Page ?

Thanks, I'll consider trying that. The last time I had a problem and tried to contact several of these volunteers, I never received an answer, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Perhaps they ran out of money to keep the org afloat.
Not to mention that they have been vastly outclassed by more sophisticated operations.

Their work has become passe, sad to say. All part of the natural escalation to the public and scientific awareness that we are not alone.

They give every indication of still being in operation.

Could you please give some examples of these "more sophisticated operations' you speak of? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Tried the Live Help Page, but never heard back, even though the volunteer had a good evaluation report, and listed SETI@home as a prime interest. Kept repeatedly applying for a new password, and finally got an answer, which shows that SETI@home was not blocked by my spam filter.

No real explanation for why SETI@home ceased to automatically log me in, or began refusing my old password on June 1st, and refused me a new one, until today. It seems that at least one other SETI @home user had a similar problem. I'm sharing this information in case others encounter such a situation. The solution is patience, and 'perseverance furthers'.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Ross 54 because: corrected date

top topics

join