It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genome Data finds Ancient Egyptians closely related to Neolithic Europeans.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Byrd

I recently watched a documentary on the very subject of genetics and empires, and they used ghengis khan as an example in that through his domination of Eurasia his genetic make up exists in large proportion of modern males today , this was then traced back further to a man called adam in the africas whos DNA exists to this day in modern humans .

Through conquering Ghengis ensured his DNA would rule

A good example, I think, and these mummies were "recent" (New Kingdom and later.) One thought that occurred to me was that Egyptians did trade with other areas and had military expeditions all over the Mediterranean. So Egyptian genes should show up in the Mediterranean areas and probably into Europe and other areas you might think were less likely.

I haven't had the energy to go through the DNA migration data and I'm not sure how much of it exists. I do know that it's a complex pattern. I should probably find a decent site and go through that. For some reason, archaeology seems more coherent than DNA.

I should remedy that and learn more.

Archaeologically, sites in the Fayum show influences (around 6,000 BC and earlier) from the Fayum and bones from an early deposit show that the woman was apparently related to sub-Saharan Africans (this would be determined by the shape of the eye sockets (most likely to preserve in cranial material) and possibly some of the nose (ditto). Sometime towards the beginning of the first unification of Egypt, cultures from the south (Upper Egypt) take over Lower Egypt (the area of the Mediterranean) and a main power center at Abydos which began as and remained the most sacred site in ancient Egypt.

While I wouldn't go looking for specific Egyptian genes, I say general east African genes is good enough, because as you know much of their military were drawn from folks further south , they were the ones to police foreign lands, in this the Madjai loomed large , although not the only southern ethnic group in the armed forces , they were the longest standing and most dependable , kinda like the praetorian guards if I can make such a comparison, these men would have had wives and lovers in whatever lands they were stationed in for centuries beginning with Pepi II...trust me on this, every military guy know this to be true, but apart form this we do have very early spread of Afrisan genes and language going back to the late Mesolithic and early Neolithic into the Levant and up to the Zargos mts where both petered out.

Spread of Afrisan language group

East African genetic stuff E1b1b that also petered out by the Zargos mts.

edit on 7-6-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
but apart form this we do have very early spread of Afrisan genes and language going back to the late Mesolithic and early Neolithic into the Levant and up to the Zargos mts where both petered out.

Spread of Afrisan language group

East African genetic stuff E1b1b that also petered out by the Zargos mts.

That matches the archaeological data -- if I have it all correct. I hadn't thought of making a combined map and timeline... may have to do that as a short video someday.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Queen of Scotia.

Why were the Scots the only European army with chariots?

Why did they have druids?

Certain bloodlines from there are powerful stll..

<< 1  2   >>

join