It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about your country and why?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I hate that my country allows people to create dating profiles that say that they 'like to have fun' as opposed to the truth which is they despise fun and prefer misery.

Not that I married one of these people, that was someone else that looks like me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I hate that my country allows people to create dating profiles that say that they 'like to have fun' as opposed to the truth which is they despise fun and prefer misery.

Not that I married one of these people, that was someone else that looks like me.

In all fairness though, AM, your idea of "fun" leans towards "Dexteresque." So when the spouse isn't into it, maybe she isn't really the problem?? By normal human standards, I mean...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I hate that my country makes it illegal to mince up people and sprinkle them on my oatmeal who take my wife's side while thinking that I don't have 'normal human standards'.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Eeeeeuuuuuwwwww that's gross!

How can you eat oatmeal...?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I cant! See above.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That sport and 'Masterchef' seems to be the reigning achievements that most glorify and froth at the mouth for (possible hyperbole...). Little regard for music, the arts and culture just footy footy footy!

That free-to-air television here is so weak, crappy hollow reality shows just directly copied or imported straight from the DSA. Very little of substance apart from one or two channels.

General apathy from the public towards anything that really should require attention as a nation. Bringing up certain issues with these individuals is usually met with a blank stare as if you were some sort of alien speaking a foreign language because they're so content living in their little fabricated/isolated bubble and they haven't the slightest clue apart from who called who a b**** or who got kicked out of Masterchef.

The abysmal internet speed and the fact that the governments are completely out of touch with almost everything, regarding the internet as more of a "luxury" than something necessary even though we're living in a digital age where pretty much everything is settled online.

Intellectualism isn't something that is sought after nor practiced often.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hate the fact that we haven't discovered time travel in my country because I would totally guinea pig myself to go back in time....one way ticket too 1850s please and thank you

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
I hate the fact that we haven't discovered time travel in my country because I would totally guinea pig myself to go back in time....one way ticket too 1850s please and thank you

Its not worth it though. Too many racism, wild west and war during that Era. Never worth it. Its just like going back in medieval times and end up being in a major battlefield that you shouldn't be in. It will change the minds of soldiers and who to kill.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Islam.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Verse
Corrupt government. You would think after the adventures back in 2008 we as a nation would learn to not vote the right back in control, but whattayaknoe!! We had the pirate-movement going strong and a lot of people who said they'd vote for them. But when things got real, those same people chickened out and chose save instead of change. We voted this new corrupt government back in October and I said then (and still say) they wont last a year. They've managed to be so rotten that former anarchists and punk rockers have become soft in their presence and bow to them, people who used to be on their f the system business. Modern reality feels like it did ten years earlier, back in 2007. People are on a high and have completely forgot about the crash. Oh and I didn't even mention the panama papers...we outraged (again) and got our thieving prime minister fired from his position as PM (but not from the parliament, where he only showed up every other day..because ..comedy) then after that, we voted in his brother in crime as PM who was also a bank robber who hid money offshore because that's obviously what rich psychopaths in power do.

Funny I mentioned that three weeks ago, now said psychopath and his uncle (yep they're both two of the most powerful men over here in Iceland) suggested we should remove all cash, especially the big bills and force the population to use debet and visa cards. They also own a company that would make a significant financial gain if credit cards were forced upon everybody. They said, they were doing this in an attempt to fight TAX FRAUDS. The most corrupt man in Iceland wants to stop TAX FRAUDS...let it sink in slowly. Thern yesterday, after the whole population had voiced their opinion on this and said NO they dug their hole even further and said it was assumed by someone that possibly ISIS could have been using Iceland to laundry their money before they took said money and used them to buy weapons. Then today, none of that mattered and he said he'd put the idea on ice for a while...so I guess, the terrorists won?? lol

But as I have stated and said last fall when we voted, this new government of ours wont last a year and I predict riots when the parliament comes together again in September. They keep failing and only think about their own interests and the interests of rich people, us the public don't matter to them. This is not my government.
edit on VAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Jun 2017 10:39:28 -050028America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Jun 2017 10:40:12 -050012America/Chicago by Verse because: Fixing quote.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hate that we have a Prime Minister that seems to care more about his socks than he does about the security of our country.

A sock puppet for the global agenda 😏

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Corrupt government. You would think after the adventures back in 2008 we as a nation would learn to not vote the right back in control, but whattayaknoe!! We had the pirate-movement going strong and a lot of people who said they'd vote for them. But when things got real, those same people chickened out and chose save instead of change. We voted this new corrupt government back in October and I said then (and still say) they wont last a year. They've managed to be so rotten that former anarchists and punk rockers have become soft in their presence and bow to them, people who used to be on their f the system business. Modern reality feels like it did ten years earlier, back in 2007. People are on a high and have completely forgot about the crash. Oh and I didn't even mention the panama papers...we outraged (again) and got our thieving prime minister fired from his position as PM (but not from the parliament, where he only showed up every other day..because ..comedy) then after that, we voted in his brother in crime as PM who was also a bank robber who hid money offshore because that's obviously what rich psychopaths in power do.

Funny I mentioned that three weeks ago, now said psychopath and his uncle (yep they're both two of the most powerful men over here in Iceland) suggested we should remove all cash, especially the big bills and force the population to use debet and visa cards. They also own a company that would make a significant financial gain if credit cards were forced upon everybody. They said, they were doing this in an attempt to fight TAX FRAUDS. The most corrupt man in Iceland wants to stop TAX FRAUDS...let it sink in slowly. Thern yesterday, after the whole population had voiced their opinion on this and said NO they dug their hole even further and said it was assumed by someone that possibly ISIS could have been using Iceland to laundry their money before they took said money and used them to buy weapons. Then today, none of that mattered and he said he'd put the idea on ice for a while...so I guess, the terrorists won?? lol

But as I have stated and said last fall when we voted, this new government of ours wont last a year and I predict riots when the parliament comes together again in September. They keep failing and only think about their own interests and the interests of rich people, us the public don't matter to them. This is not my government.

The problem with taking away cash is what would the children or teenager be using? Gift cards? There has to be an alternative for that. If we just use VISA or Debit cards we just keep paying for those stupid companies unless of course holding the card is free. What about Homeless, unless Iceland doesn't have any which can make sense for a tiny island. Anyways, if the Gov ever takes away cash, they have to create their own card system and not rely on other companies to do it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join