It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed -- Kathy Griffin has Retained a Criminal Lawyer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Who wants to bet how long it takes for the real ISIS marketing machine to begin using this picture of her in their Internet training propaganda? They can claim that even Hollywood wants him dead (validation the west hates him too). And then tell their willing and psycho followers to go out and make it true.

That, is why the Secret Service is likely visiting and investigating her now. To see if she has any 6-levels-of-separation to actual ISIS supporters or members.

Laugh if you will, but that is how the word works.

I Dunno Know , you Might be Right On there . Most Radical Islamist Terrorists Seem to Come Homegrown Nowadays....

edit on 2-6-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

Who wants to bet how long it takes for the real ISIS marketing machine to begin using this picture of her in their Internet training propaganda? They can claim that even Hollywood wants him dead (validation the west hates him too). And then tell their willing and psycho followers to go out and make it true.

That, is why the Secret Service is likely visiting and investigating her now. To see if she has any 6-levels-of-separation to actual ISIS supporters or members.

Actually Daesh is always pretty pissed about such things. They don't like it when there "righteous" beheadings get mocked by people especially by celebs. Griffin could be really in trouble if they decide to make an example out of her.

link   
Good to see president snowflake is keeping up his image...

link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Yay. Our tax money going to waste. If they actually think she was serious then it confirms my belief that Trump's people are truly dumb.

John Hinckley, just a crazy guy, not a potential threat, right ?

Mark Chapman, just a crazy guy, not a potential threat, right ?

Kathy Griffin, just a crazy gal, not a potential threat, right ?

Don't quit your day job, Sherlock....

an attempted murderer, a murderer, and a person who took a picture

yeah....

theyre all the same

Yeah, a bloodied, beheading picture by a mentally unstable individual.
ISIS makes the exact same kind of pictures, no threat there, right ?

A picture is just a picture.

They're all the same.

300 BILLION dollars f weapons to Saudi Arabia versus a picture

link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Not really. I just fail to see how you guys see her as a threat to POTUS.

edit on 6/2/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

oh im laughing

its frustrating how none of you will address why nugent was not investigated for an actual threat and then gets to visit this president.
how none of you will address why the media thinks its ok to run this very serious threat to the president

youre all just glossing over it

nugent
serious right winger
huge gun collector

makes comments like this

n an interview in 1990, a few months after the release of Nelson Mandela during the negotiations to end apartheid in South Africa, Nugent stated: "apartheid isn't that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal." He described black South Africans as "a different breed of man" who "still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands

He complained, "Obama's a piece of #, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."[54][55] Referring to Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm (in office 2003-11), during performances he would frequently interject "Jennifer Granholm, kiss my ass" into his songs, and shoot an arrow at her likeness.

On April 17, 2012, in a Romney stump speech at the 2012 NRA Convention in St. Louis, Nugent said, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year

i would think that is far more of a credible thread than a picture.

to be fair he was 'visited' by the secret service.

how many of you wanted him in gitmo? wanted him in prison? wanted him sent to syria? called him a terrorist? compared him to chapman and hinkley?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As well as Griffin retaining a criminal lawyer, we know it's not just precautionary as the lawyer confirmed a criminal investigation is now open. He also said he expects it to be closed. I suspect he is right, but one can hope she goes to jail.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: FissionSurplus

Then oh smart one explain to me how Kathy will carry out the threat.
I'll wait.
*cue in Mission Impossible music*

She will get in a controlled demolition crew and have them remove her makeup on live TV.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why do you hope she goes to jail? Are you advocating for limited speech?

link   

originally posted by: stosh64

a reply to: FissionSurplus

Then oh smart one explain to me how Kathy will carry out the threat.
I'll wait.
*cue in Mission Impossible music*

She will get in a controlled demolition crew and have them remove her makeup on live TV.

link   

Not really. I just fail to see you guys see her as a threat to POTUS.

If you can't understand that it is not her that is the threat, but her intended message, there is no reason to discuss this with you.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a person who made actual threats gets to visit the white house
a person who took a pic will hopefully go to jail

wow

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Nugent's comments in that instance were in relation to a threat he perceived to himself. He did however, make more direct threats at one of his concerts in response to a proposed gun law.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a person who made actual threats gets to visit the white house
a person who took a pic will hopefully go to jail

wow

I don't think she'll go to jail - just like Nugent she will be investigated and I expect her to be let off with a warning of sorts. I simply hope she goes to jail, but without an expectation of it.
edit on 2/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

oh im laughing

its frustrating how none of you will address why nugent was not investigated for an actual threat and then gets to visit this president.
how none of you will address why the media thinks its ok to run this very serious threat to the president

youre all just glossing over it

nugent
serious right winger
huge gun collector

makes comments like this

n an interview in 1990, a few months after the release of Nelson Mandela during the negotiations to end apartheid in South Africa, Nugent stated: "apartheid isn't that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal." He described black South Africans as "a different breed of man" who "still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands

He complained, "Obama's a piece of #, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."[54][55] Referring to Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm (in office 2003-11), during performances he would frequently interject "Jennifer Granholm, kiss my ass" into his songs, and shoot an arrow at her likeness.

On April 17, 2012, in a Romney stump speech at the 2012 NRA Convention in St. Louis, Nugent said, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year

i would think that is far more of a credible thread than a picture.

to be fair he was 'visited' by the secret service.

how many of you wanted him in gitmo? wanted him in prison? wanted him sent to syria? called him a terrorist? compared him to chapman and hinkley?

Since you responded to my post, I will answer. I would hope he was investigated by thr Secret Service for those statements and actions. I never called for her to be incarcerated in any way. In fact, early on in this fiasco, I basically said we shouldn't be feeding this troll. But, that was before she decided to legal up and consider suing the object of her scorn. Now, I think she is making it worse, and a more thorough investigation might be warranted.

Did Ted Nugent do that?

link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Not really. I just fail to see you guys see her as a threat to POTUS.

If you can't understand that it is not her that is the threat, but her intended message, there is no reason to discuss this with you.

So again why not shut down Hollywood? Why are you not answering that?

link   
Guys... take a step back and look at your posts...

Kathy Griffin has all of you bickering and arguing... think about that.

Seriously... get a grip.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I found Kathy Griffin's photo to be horrible and in extremely poor taste but she was well within her rights to do it. That being said she can lawyer up all she wants to- she tanked her career all by herself. The questionable photo was just the cherry on her going away banana split, a sad attempt at trying to regain the comedy spotlight that backfired- so now she's playing the victim to milk her 15 minutes of fame. To D list people in Hollyweird bad publicity is better than no publicity.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: TinySickTears

Nugent's comments in that instance were in relation to a threat he perceived to himself. He did however, make more direct threats at one of his concerts in response to a proposed gun law.

ok. i take your word for it

kathy griffin took a photo mocking trump

but people are taking it so much further than that

the nuge explained
she explained

why is she still being crucified for it

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
She better lawyer up. Kathy Griffin is in deep doo-doo. Her little bullying lawsuit is peanuts compared to what she may be facing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join