It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ivanka Skipped Trump's Paris Agreement Announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

"When Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would be withdrawing from the Paris climate accord on Thursday, many were wondering about the whereabouts of his daughter, Ivanka.

Ivanka, along with her husband Jared Kushner, was reportedly very against her father withdrawing from the accord. She was putting “intense” pressure on Donald to stay in the agreement, Axios reporter Jonathan Swan said."

elitedaily.com... rral&utm_campaign=p10k80&utm_content=rightrail

This rift is very interesting, as many have said Ivanka has too much control over President Trump.
Thoughts?
edit on 2-6-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Fri Jun 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
A carbon dioxide tax won't reduce CO2 emissions. It only hurts the middle class and transfers wealth to the rich elite. Electric cars cannot replace gas cars until decades into the future. True, we all like to stop using oil so Saudi Arabia cannot cause more problems. But carbon dioxide tax is not the way to go. It is theft. It is sin.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
A carbon dioxide tax won't reduce CO2 emissions. It only hurts the middle class and transfers wealth to the rich elite. Electric cars cannot replace gas cars until decades into the future. True, we all like to stop using oil so Saudi Arabia cannot cause more problems. But carbon dioxide tax is not the way to go. It is theft. It is sin.

True, but that isn't really what this thread is about.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's interesting to know that even the people so close to trump disagree with him so strongly on these matters

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Who gives a flying rats ass about where Ivanka was!?

Ending the TPP and now this! It seems that Trump may actually be against the establishment.

Honestly feels good to admit that I was wrong during the election.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It's interesting to know that even the people so close to trump disagree with him so strongly on these matters

Who is right in this situation? Time will tell, I guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Who gives a flying rats ass about where Ivanka was!?

Ending the TPP and now this! It seems that Trump may actually be against the establishment.

Honestly feels good to admit that I was wrong during the election.

I only find it interesting because *some* said she had too much say in the administration's policies.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Let's say America pulls out of all climate change agreements.

They are screwed either way.

If the worst happens America will be the scapegoat, people will say that climate change became irreversible thanks to America ignoring the problem.

If however even without Americas help global warming slows down and we avert a catastrophe then people will say we didn't need America, and when the rest of the wold will have heavily invested knowledge and money in alternative forms of energy America will lag behind.

Either way they look bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
My thoughts?

If Ivanka and Jared leave the White House, I'll be happy. They are the worst lefties of his inner circle, and the nepotism optics are terrible.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

If the worst happens America will be the scapegoat, people will say that climate change became irreversible thanks to America ignoring the problem.

If however even without Americas help global warming slows down and we avert a catastrophe then people will say we didn't need America, and when the rest of the wold will have heavily invested knowledge and money in alternative forms of energy America will lag behind.

America is always the convenient scapegoat for other countries. Nothing new.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am no expert, but I think no one man has any effect on something so large, in such a small window of time.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The US is investing in alternative energy anyway. We don't need a tax that is specifically intended to handicap the United States' economy.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I am no expert, but I think no one man has any effect on something so large, in such a small window of time.

For the want of a nail.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Let's tax the oysters that can no longer be raise due to rising temperatures caused by nuclear subs and warships. Happening in Japan, guys.

link   
I don't think this means anything really.Who says that Ivanka and her dad have to agree on everything?She is a strong believer in the Paris accords,and told her dad what she thinks.Nothing to see here.

link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Trump is doing everything he can to undermine the United States' credibility on the world stage. He already has a reputation for breach of contracts as a businessman; he is now making it clear to the world that he does not consider treaties made between sovereign states to be worth the paper they are written on. Every six months of the Trump administration sets America back eight years.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: elementalgrove

Trump is doing everything he can to undermine the United States' credibility on the world stage. He already has a reputation for breach of contracts as a businessman; he is now making it clear to the world that he does not consider treaties made between sovereign states to be worth the paper they are written on. Every six months of the Trump administration sets America back eight years.

In China there is a saying " its only a suggestion". Please be careful if you have a business with China.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I've said for a while that the left is stupid to run Ivanka down like they do. She is the closest thing they have to an ally in the Trump White House, but their hatred of anything to do with Trump blinds them.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Paris was never a binding accord. It was never ratified by the Senate, so we are not bound.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I've said for a while that the left is stupid to run Ivanka down like they do. She is the closest thing they have to an ally in the Trump White House, but their hatred of anything to do with Trump blinds them.

Educate me on what the "left" is. From all I can tell is that they are bent on seeing America destroyed within.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join