It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at ethanol plant in southern Wisconsin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Did you see my replis Nyhia?

a reply to: Nyiah

About paypal = troll, or the ESL? It's not really communicating in a SL when it comes out as gibberish.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
** ATTENTION ALL **

Enough off-topic bantering. Stick to the topic or move on to the next topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
redacted so as to not get a nasty U2U

edit on 1/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Let's see , ATS is a site where many people are hoping for alien contact. Will you expect perfect ( name your own language) from them too?

My question is, what caused the explosion? I would have thought such facilities heavily monitored, at least on safety issues, that's a local concern.

(And I don't need no stinking translator, I make my own mistakes. 🎁)

VF

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Update:

An explosion and subsequent fire at a corn milling plant in Wisconsin early Thursday morning evening left one person dead and several injured, local authorities said.

abcnews.go.com...

Sadly one has passed and two are missing. No word on what caused the explosion and subsequent fire yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Cambria Village President Glen Williams told WISC the three- or four-story structure hit by the explosion housed the mill's lab and was leveled, adding there was no danger to the public and no need for evacuation.

Williams said the mill processes corn and corn by-products for ethanol plants. Didion's ethanol plant is across the street from where the explosion happened and isn't in any danger, he said

I seems the blast was in the mill area which might point to grain dust.

UPDATE: @OSHA_DOL records reveal Didion Milling has previously been cited for "serious" safety violations: www.osha.gov... … #news3

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well damn....I was just in that area and didn't know this was going on.

Would have gotten some photos...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Update:

An explosion and subsequent fire at a corn milling plant in Wisconsin early Thursday morning evening left one person dead and several injured, local authorities said.

abcnews.go.com...

Sadly one has passed and two are missing. No word on what caused the explosion and subsequent fire yet.

UPDATE 6.1.2017 @ 11:00pm CDT

TWO DEATHS - CAUSE STILL NOT KNOWN. BUT THERE WAS A SMALLER FIRE EARLIER.

""A Wisconsin corn mill that exploded late Wednesday night was reprimanded by federal safety inspectors six years ago for not taking precautions against dust explosions, which are a major hazard in handling grain, records show.

The blast at the Didion Milling Plant in Cambria, a rural village about 45 miles northeast of Madison, left at least two people dead. Columbia County Sheriff Dennis Richards confirmed the body of the second worker was found late Thursday afternoon. Emergency crews were still searching for a third worker. Nearly a dozen other employees were taken to area hospitals. None of the workers have been identified.

The cause of the blast remained unknown as of Thursday afternoon, Didion officials said. U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigators were on the scene.

At a news conference Thursday evening, Cambria Fire Chief Cody Doucette said a smaller fire occurred in a different part of the facility on Monday. Investigators were working to determine whether there was a link between that fire and Wednesday night's explosion, Doucette said.""

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Source

The sheriff of Columbia County says there was an explosion late Wednesday night at an ethanol plant in Cambria, the Didion Milling plant on Highway 146.

Cambria is about 50 miles southwest of Fond du Lac, in Columbia County.

According to initial reports, multiple people have been injured and a number of people remain unaccounted-for. It was not immediately known how many people had been injured, but the incident has been classified as a "mass casualty incident." Injuries have been described as burn injuries.

bnonews.com...

Hoping for a safe resolution.

ETA: More information:

It happened at Didion Milling, whose president, Riley Didion, said "We are praying for our team. There's a lot we don't know right now. Our prayers are with everyone."

There were unconfirmed reports of injuries and people unaccounted for.

Officials with the Madison Fire Department confirmed to WISC that a heavy urban rescue team from Madison was called to assist.

Wisconsin Department of Transportation officials said all lanes of the major highway in the vicinity were closed in both directions near the plant.

www.cbsnews.com...

I'm finding this hard to belevie. Americia is the biggest economy in the world and its a first world county. For such a country it seems their or workplace health and safety performance is a bit sus given whats happend there in recent years.

When I look at the safety stadards in place on when i see some workplaces on TV, I cannot help but think that US safety standards are less than those in Australia.

Incidently, under the T & Cs of the Trans Pacific Partnership, any foeign company setting up in Australia, considered the Australian workplace safety standards were to high and therefore a restaint on trade, the foreign company could take the Aus govt to the TPP private courts where personnel are appointed by the big legal companies (in the US presumably) If that 'court' upheld, they could order the offending govt to weaken the domestic workplace safety laws.

This event above exxplains, at least in part, why that clause exists in the TPP.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join