It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - to free or not to free

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Ya he was quite awake,that one.In this case,,definitely a case of crazy not negating smarts.I took the time some years ago to read up a bit on him and what he had to say.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My opinion is that he should stay locked up,btw.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They could always make Biodome 2 a reality show. Manson and Shore locked up together for 30 days with 8lbs. of meth. Someone would get eaten, just not sure which one would be dinner

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Let him out. Maybe he can run for political office like our current "President"...

...He would probably do better though...

He's a "Really Real, Reality Star"...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As he has stated in a number of his interviews, he just "reflects what society has come to expect of him." We've all seen the pictures of the wild haired, glassy eyed, sneering "madman" Manson. The media has smeared it into the psyche of the populace.

What does he do? He puts on a show and perpetuates it. It doesn't change my view of the guy. Is he smart? You damn betcha. Is he "crazy"? Probably. Should he ever get out of prison? I don't think so. Besides, as I stated, he doesn't even desire release, soooo...
edit on 1-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
I'm new and learning the correct categories.

ADMIN - please move to the correct one if you feel this one isn't correct; this way I'll also learn.

I'm interested in cults and the followers;

I decided secret societies but was a toss between this one, people and religious conspiries.

Anyhow I'm rambling.

Charlie Manson, we all know the story, heard the testimonies from past members, listened to his strange ramblings from prison.

However, Charlie Manson himself didn't kill anyone himself, and evidence supporting that he manipulated people to kill for him is...somewhat irrelivent(?). He never went with them, at any point they could have turned around and stopped; but didn't. They committed the murders knowing what they were doing.

Now my question and first post to the ATS group is this. Why is he still serving more time than some murders and rapists have, will obviously never be given parole and from what I can see isn't a danger to anyone.

So your thoughts. Should Manson be freed by now? Do you see and agree he should be incarirated?
Some have even said he would start a another cult (laughable). Would you even call his group a cult?

Thanks all

He should have been flushed decades ago.....worthless piece of skin.

He is where he is because he is a freak of nature....one of many and nothing special.

IMHO he should be publiclly executed along with all murderers pedophiles and rapists.No women and no Children in my world.....if you hurt women or childen we do not require your earthly services any longer...and no I imagine many would feel this is not fair......but to bad right??......full stop.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
what is funny to me is every one calling this man crazy and yet this crazy man like many other ( Hitler - Stline )
and many many more ( matter of fact just find a leader of any big country and right as we type they have people who are happy to kill in there name .
wile the rest cheer If he is a crazy then so are we tell me friend did you cheer as we bombed Iraq ?
tell me friend do you cheer as we bomb Afghanistan ? what we only killing big bad terrorists you say ?
humm must have been quite few few new born in that health center ( well no matter they would have grown to become a terrorists
You know I wonder how terrorized thous people were as bombs destroyed there city's homes and killed there children family and friends .
All humans are born killers all humans glory in distraction .
A few stop and think ( what a fool i am ( then go and watch fro the next big event )

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I find many people's opinion of him rather amusing, especially given how little they know about him, which you discover with any lengthy discussion. I know it sounds like I am "defending" him... I'm not. I just have looked deeper into the whole Manson "phenomena" than some have.

Part of what led me to look into it was because I have always been intrigued by the fact that some individuals seem to have the ability to hold an influence over others. I have always wondered what it is about these individuals that was so "alluring." So, I tend to look into these types of individuals deeper than some people do.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: midnightstar

I find many people's opinion of him rather amusing, especially given how little they know about him, which you discover with any lengthy discussion. I know it sounds like I am "defending" him... I'm not. I just have looked deeper into the whole Manson "phenomena" than some have.

Part of what led me to look into it was because I have always been intrigued by the fact that some individuals seem to have the ability to hold an influence over others. I have always wondered what it is about these individuals that was so "alluring." So, I tend to look into these types of individuals deeper than some people do.

Manson was a sociopathic predator who drew people to him by providing for their individual "needs".....he found basic ways to observe and analyse and evaluate human pesonalities...when he saw where someone was lacking he simply filled the hole....with his evil intentions....WE ARE ALL LACKING SOMEWHERE......so most of us do NOT spend our lives looking to expand and exploit others weaknesses...we look to shrink and heal them.....Manson MAINTAINED THEM in an organised diabolical way so he is accountable for his actions.

Manipulating people is a NATURAL skillset for some of us.....MOST of us do not have this elite level skillset....so if one of these minds is allowed to grow unchecked and un-policed....well you can end up with a Charley.....jails are chock full of Charleys....and there are MORE Charleys out of jail than in jail....its nature.....and a minority of people have a skillset that allows them to CHOOSE to be very good or very evil...moreso than most...

With this being said....is it possible he was set up or something....sure....but as things stand right now.....he should be pushing up daisys....we should execute him and others like him if there are regrets later we will bear the burden together.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 1-6-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I see this as a success for my first post.
I thank everyone for their two cents and took everyone's thoughts objectively.

I suppose in a weird way I do see the allure of him... Would I follow him lol no....but I do find myself wanting to know what he has to say next. I honestly don't know why I feel he has had a raw deal...but..i just do... maybe I'm the one captivated by him haha

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Well, hell, he sort of did get a "raw deal." Hell, he wasn't even allowed to testify in his own trial because the prosecution claimed he'd "hypnotize the jurors." Don't believe me? Look into it. You'll see.

Was he guilty of manipulation? Certainly. He had those at his ranch convinced he was "special." However, I have always been more interested in what he had to say than what he did, soooo...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

Let's see, he's 82 years old. Numerous prison violations. His health is questionable after a recent bleeding of the colon. Rumors are that he has cancer. In 2012 he said that he had only five years left to live. The only ones that want him around are a small number of followers. He is better off staying in prison where he is less of a threat and bother to the public.
edit on 6 1 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well, hell, he sort of did get a "raw deal." Hell, he wasn't even allowed to testify in his own trial because the prosecution claimed he'd "hypnotize the jurors." Don't believe me? Look into it. You'll see.

Was he guilty of manipulation? Certainly. He had those at his ranch convinced he was "special." However, I have always been more interested in what he had to say than what he did, soooo...

I do entertain the idea that Manson had some 'connections' that were never exposed. BUT to say he wasn't allowed to testify is slightly off the mark. He wanted to represent himself. He also demanded to cross examine a witness. Since he had a lawyer, he wasn't allowed to do that. When this request was denied, he jumped over the table and yelled something to the effect that the judge's head should be cut off.

It was widely reported that after that incident, the judge carried a pistol in the court room. His co-defendants demanded to testify and their lawyers threatened to ALL quit if they did. They thought that their clients would possibly incriminate themselves in order to exonerate Manson. I imagine the judge was in a hard spot at that point. It would have put a halt to the whole process, possible leading to a mistrial and requiring them to start all over again. Remember, this happened after 4 months of trial and the prosecution had already rested its case. So after 4 months of trial, the judge had to decide if this would cause a mistrial.

Imagine you have 4 co-defendants. The lawyers for 3 of them threaten to quit midtrial. So, Manson was allowed to speak without the jury being present. I have trouble understanding people that get "Svengalied' and doing whatever someone tells them to do, but that was the prosecution's case and in some instances their actions in the courtroom actually supported that case. They copied everything he did. He cut an X in his forehead and shaved his head. The next day, they did the same. He stood up and assumed a 'crucifixion' pose. They jumped up and did the same. It's really weird to me. Even his supporters outside the courtroom parroted his every move.

I wish someone with better sleuthing skills than me would follow the other connections. Like the possibility of CIA, etc. I've followed the aspects of the evidence presented at trial and in that respect I think he's guilty. But I will always wonder what else there is about him, if anything, that contributed to this madness. IMO he should stay in prison.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

When they find a cure for dangerous sociopaths, only then should any of them be let loose upon society. There are people in this world that the only solution for is to keep them contained somehow.

What's your reason for sympathizing with this man? I find that very curious?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yeah I heard about the outburst...

There have been rumors that he was Mkultra. My problem with allegations such as that is I don't know how one would make someone as anti-establishment as Manson has always been coelesce with the goals of something like Mkultra. To me, a proponent of the establishment would be a better candidate for something like Mkultra than someone who spits on everything that's mainstream would. Just my two cents

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

People really do not care what he had to say....they didnt then and they do not now...Manson wasnt smart at all...he was simply smarter than a lot of screwed up vulnerable people who he stalked and recruited.....

The only raw deal was that we arent discussing his past execution in historical context.

We will soon erase him from history...its happening more and more every day....he is a snowflake compared to monsters we see today.....lol....only old people even know who he is......lol....and in 40 years they will all be gone.

edit on 1-6-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I think he was gifted in reading people, a charismatic master manipulator.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Now my question and first post to the ATS group is this. Why is he still serving more time than some murders and rapists have, will obviously never be given parole and from what I can see isn't a danger to anyone.

Didn't read the whole thread but I have always been interested in Charlie.
And even made a few threads in this venue about him. One because I had
a little inside knowledge from my friends mom a corrections officer who
actually befriended him. She even got a call once a week after she retired.
RIP. But my point is doesn't matter what we think because Charlie doesn't
want out. Even he knows what joke it is for them to parade him before
the paroll board. One time before the board he was asked if he were to
get out of prison, would he kill again? He said,"You people put me here
and I didn't kill anybody. My mistake was I didn't kill enough of you".

See how he can twist an answer.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think Donald Trump should release him, pardon him, and make him Director of Prisons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join