It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Deployed To The Streets of Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I was getting visions of A Clockwork Orange for a second there.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ummmmm, nope

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ummmmm, nope

Ummmm content? Context?

Are you in favor of federal oversight in municipalities as a rule?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

How about the national guard and curfews?

Or would that require leadership for Rahm and co.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The FBI might not be the best choice.

The USMC seem to have the required capability.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This has a posse comitatus vibe to it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh you and your perceived rights.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh you and your perceived rights.

?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

sarc

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh LOL. Gotcha.

You know that a Republican president signed the Posse Comitatus Act?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, I am thinking they may want to start with the police dept, then the Mayor's office and city council.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

Sounds like the FBI needs to arrest the people in Gang Crime unit.

Something is a miss in ol'Chicago.

They did a couple of times already.

That failed too.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think by no way does this story suggest Trump is "sending the feds in". The FBI Chicago Field Office is housed in an 800,000 sq. ft. building. There is already a massive FBI presence in Chicago.

This story is coming directly from FBI.gov and is more of an indication of the FBI and the CPD are going to be working together more closely. And as crooked is the CPD is, they need someone looking over their shoulder.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
I think by no way does this story suggest Trump is "sending the feds in". The FBI Chicago Field Office is housed in an 800,000 sq. ft. building. There is already a MASSIVE FBI presence in Chicago.

A "massive" beautiful tax-payer funded building...but it houses only 40 agents. They requested 20 more in February, so there might be 60 FBI Agents in Chicago now.

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One solution. Two Words.

Open Carry.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That story is about the ATF and not the FBI.

Earlier Friday, the second official could not say for sure that Trump's comment had nothing to do with decision, considering its timing. But an ATF spokesperson later said Trump's administration has not spoken to the ATF about "possible strategies at this time."

"ATF is exploring various options as we are committed to furthering law enforcement efforts in Chicago," the spokesperson added. "One of those options is to send additional agents to Chicago on permanent transfers. ATF is still early in the process of developing strategies and will be prepared to discuss these options further once plans are finalized."

There are currently more than 40 agents assigned to the Chicago area, so the surge would increase that force to more than 60 agents.

I don't know how you can even misconstrue what that article was about without thinking you're being purposely misleading.

I can't easily find the figures of how many agents there are in Chicago that's why I linked to how big the building is. Do you really think the FBI is going to build a ten story building with close to forty square miles of floor space and put 40 agents in it?

What you did here, purposely taking a real story and twisting it up to say something it doesn't, that's fake news.

The source in the OP blatantly copy/pasted the story from FBI.gov but changed the title from FBI, Chicago Police Department Work to Combat Violent Crime to FBI Deployed To The Streets of Chicago disregarding the fact that nowhere in the body of the article does it say that. That's fake news too.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
One solution. Two Words.

Open Carry.

Won't have any effect...

Crime in Chicago isn't so much thug against innocent victim as it is thug against thug. While I support CCW, it doesn't really address the crime taking place. It is one gang member shooting another gang member. Something like 80% of the "victims" are gang members. Last I checked, it was illegal for felons to be armed.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Yea, but that's a valid tactic on ATS these days. For some folks, anyway. Rarely is it so brazen and open, though. Good catch.

As for the OP directly: seems to me to be more of an affirmation of the cooperation between agencies than anything else nefarious. One way or another there's going to have to be federal action in Chicago. Far, far too much drugs, guns, and corruption for CPD to handle alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: PistolPete
I think by no way does this story suggest Trump is "sending the feds in". The FBI Chicago Field Office is housed in an 800,000 sq. ft. building. There is already a MASSIVE FBI presence in Chicago.

A "massive" beautiful tax-payer funded building...but it houses only 40 agents. They requested 20 more in February, so there might be 60 FBI Agents in Chicago now.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Liar liar, pants on fire.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What would deter crime ? ....so you take the Gang bosses out and ............ what do you do with them ? A Duarte ? A national prison in Western Utah where the prisoners never return...? How many lives does each Gangster get to destroy ? Extreme problems require extreme solutions.. clearly the current system is not working.

Either you make drugs legal and face the problem that way, or you make them illegal. WITH an objective re-examination of 'Schedules' 1,2 and 3.

RICO put the hurt on the Italian Mafia, it could be utilized again with swift responses in Eliminating individuals tied to these drugs, cartels and their associates.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join