It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN fires Kathy Griffin after 26 hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You better re-read my last one, as I made it clear any ideology can / does have its own ideological set of PC.

And that they (any given ideological set of PC) are an entirely different thing than se humanism, human decency, humanitarianism, etc.

Which you clearly confuse liberal PC as being humanism, human decency, humanitarianism, etc.

Where the reality you're trying to avoid is that liberal PC is what's driving this trend of barbarism that's something like straight out of the Middle East (which is ironic as SJW's typically defend radical Islam 'to the death').
edit on 31-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Honestly, I could care less if they fire her--I'm not big on wishing the firing of anyone for something that they do outside the scope of that job.

However, I do think that CNN would have looked like even a bigger joke of a network if they had silently ignored this issue and moved on with her hosting.

That said, I think that we can all agree that Anderson Cooper is the real winner in all of this.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: StallionDuck

They just knew they couldn't afford not to. If this story hadn't gotten so much publicity and negativity, CNN wouldn't have batten an eye.

...But it's heartening to me to know that even CNN knew this crossed a line with their viewers -- we the people.

Wait, are you admitting to watching CNN?!
:p

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You better re-read my last one, as I made it clear any ideology can / does have its own ideological set of PC.

And that they're an entirely different thing than se humanism, human decency, humanitarianism, etc.

Which you clearly confuse liberal PC as being humanism, human decency, humanitarianism, etc.

Where the reality you're trying to avoid is that liberal PC is what's driving this trend of barbarism that's something like straight out of the Middle East (which is ironic as SJW's typically defend radical Islam' to the death).

I get it. "Liberal" PC has nothing to do with human decency. Only conservative PC deals with human decency. According to you.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope. It's just a photo. A photo of a woman holding a fake head. A photo that most people found offensive. That, my dear, is political correctness in action.

Yep. Political Correctness is about not offending people. CNN firing her is par for the course.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

let the good times lulz

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
She has been a standard on that coverage for years.

I think you mean stranded

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I honestly don't think people will even still remember or care about her idiotic photo by NYE anyway. Hell, by next week we probably won't hear anything about it anymore.
It was only a job for one night out of the year, so I doubt it even bothers her that she was let go. She's probably been looking for a way out of that failing program anyway.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Most people drink WAY to much on New Years to remember that she hosts a show Anyway.

Amirite?

link   
You conservatives who are gloating like school girls have to ask yourselves would you be just as offended if someone did this to Obama.

be hoonest

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And that they're an entirely different thing than se humanism, human decency, humanitarianism, etc.

Where the reality you're trying to avoid is that liberal PC is what's driving this trend of barbarism that's something like straight out of the Middle East (which is ironic as SJW's typically defend radical Islam' to the death).

I get it. "Liberal" PC has nothing to do with human decency. Only conservative PC deals with human decency. According to you.

Nice deflection with calling me a conservative (which I'm not) while alleging I made any hint of propping up conservative PC as being better than any other set of PC (which I did not).

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Damn. Now what am I gonna watch on New Years Eve.

Alway's look forward to her and Anderson.

Rumors starting she will be picked up by MSinBC

edit on May-31-2017 by xuenchen because: roiling

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The picture was disgusting, even if it didn't look like trump I would call it disgusting. If a person who is crazy sees a picture like that, they may decide to go after trump. I am glad she lost that Gig and I hope that she looses a lot more work than that for doing something so stupid.

What would have happened during the Obama Presidency if she would have had Obama's head like that. I think that the black community would be all over her and she would need to fear for her life. It doesn't matter what color the person is, bad taste is bad taste, that photo is only funny to those who are a little disturbed.
edit on 31-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oops. I don't know how I messed up.
edit on 31-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

In answer to your question..........yes, I would have been horribly offended and disgusted if the bloody head had been Obama, or Hillary, or Chuck Shumer, or Bill Clinton, or Al Gore, or a plethora of others with whom I neither agree or like, particularly.

Mocking satire, parody, or just taking pot-shots are fine...those in the public eye have always taken hits. Comes with the territory.

This goes WAY beyond. So did the "lynchings of Obama's effigy" as did the fake head of W on a spike.

Dislike and disagree with all you want...when you start faking violence against a sitting POTUS you have crossed the line, baby...and any consequences you get you deserve.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Really?

...and why, pray, would you believe me?

But, being hoonest, yes I would have been, and was when it happened.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What you posted:

Where the reality you're trying to avoid is that liberal PC is what's driving this trend of barbarism that's something like straight out of the Middle East

Where is your condemnation of conservative PC? Hmmm?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So, CNN got rid of one of their retards?

Good, keep em' comin........

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chemicalbrother

Sometimes, political correctness and SJW is a good thing, no?

No

Come on. This happened because of all the screaming by both sides of the political spectrum regarding the inappropriateness of the photo. The photo just wasn't the politically correct thing to do, and people were offended.

I would agree with you except that on the day of the news CNN had nearly every talking head saying how there are better things to be talking about. They wanted to see if it'd pass over. I think this is a reactionary effort to recoup some lost face.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join