It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, what are the "evolutionary advantages" of homosexuality?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by ColdWisdom removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: firefromabove

Regardless of legislation, gays by nature can't reproduce. Didn't you learn about how babies are made?

Yes we can you #ing moron.

Or did you ignore my post where I said I know many gay men who have had children (through intercourse)?

You sound triggered so calm down

Are you saying you know gay men who made children through gay sex??

Please give us more details.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: firefromabove

They can't reproduce so exactly why did they evolve that way?

According to Darwin's hypothesis, what evolutionary "advantage" does homosexuality have?

How is it not the same as saying "sterility has an evolutionary advantage"?

If you can't reproduce, you can't evolve. And if you can't e evolve, you're a dead end and your genes will exit the gene pool.

I gotta tell you, Sport, that I merely Googled "evolutionary advantages of homosexuality?" and got so many in depth scientific studies and more that you'd probably see when you don't Google it yourself.
I'll hardly waste my time when it wasn't important enough to you to spend 5 minutes with a search engine.
I smell a hateful agenda around your ignorant question.
Xtian?

I wouldn't take it that far.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

First of all I am gay.

And no, I'm referring to men who were too afraid to act on their sexuality because of their family, religion, society, etc. and in leu of not having the motivation to create a "nuclear family," many of these gay men went through the torturous process of having sex with a woman in order to "fit in," by having a child and a wife.

Often, these men will have a midlife crisis in their late 30s to early 40s where they finally realize they can no longer go on living a lie, then they become big sluts in the gay scene.

But once again, gay people (men and woman) posess the biological mechanisms for reproduction.

Also, homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom (non humans). So your "evolutionary defect" hypothesis remains to be unsubstantiated.

edit on 5/31/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Let's have a bit of a chill here before tempers get all hot, and bothered, and instigation causes more temper.

Shall we attempt to discuss the issue in a calm manner? If not, step away 'til you can.

Those of you who are attempting to instigate, ie troll, need to stop, as well.

Now then, let's try this again, shall we?

Do not respond to this post.
edit on 5/31/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
There is no evolutionary advantage to any sex that can't result in pregnancy and reproduction. Even heterosexual sex that involves birth control is a 'dead end' and serves no purpose.

If people want to treat their bodies like amusement parks what difference does it make?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

That works fine in countries that allow such forms of "procreation" for gay people. But it's the exception not the rule.

If gays need legislation to reproduce, then it doesn't speak well of homosexuality as a product of evolution

Additionally, the "Twin-Spirit" members of a tribe (not just among Native Americans, BTW) often served as teachers and shamans.

Gays being shamans...getting high and teaching the tribe about sky fairies is an evolutionary advantage?????

LOOOL.

Nobody is answering the way you want because your question doesn't make sense. Homosexuality isn't a result, nor does it biologically contribute, to evolution.

It's like asking how math contributes to the taste of purple.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: DiaJax

Homosexuality can have a number of benefits in an evolutionary perspective.

One it's for pleasure. It's strictly their for enjoyment and happiness. That in itself de stress and improves the quality of life. Making live longer giving you the opportunity to benefit your community.

Two when resources are scarce Homosexuality is a better alternative then heterosexual sex. To conserve resources but still satisfy animal urges.

Three Homosexuality works to keep a cohesive community if there are not enough mating partners to go around.

Communities can remain cohesive and find ways to conserve resources and even prosper without homosexuals being part of the community.

If anything, homosexuals with their higher rates of AIDS (proven by statistics) pose a serious threat to any community

Except aids only really came around, around the early 1900's

UM WHAT!?!?!?! Aids was only discovered in the late seventies.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Reported on in the 70s but identified case infections date back to the 1920s in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Regardless, if aids had shown up early in our evolution it wouldn't matter if you were straight or gay. It probably would have wiped us out.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

First you need to get past the idea that homosexuality is black and white, i.e. someone is either homosexual or not. We have known this for years - at least from the 1940's. Take a look at the Kinsey report and work your way through history.

Secondly, there are plenty of theories that convincingly explain that homosexuality makes complete evolutionary sense. A good starting point would be Dr E. O. Wilson's work. And if you don't know who that is - he is debatably the greatest expert on evolution - since Darwin. He is considered the father of sociobiology" and the father of biodiversity. In other words he is an expert. Check out the concept of Eusociality. And if you want to get really down to gene level, check out epigenetics.

In very simple terms: From an evolutionary standpoint homosexuality make more than enough sense. It benefits macro and micro societies. The catch is that because of religion (some) societies rejects homosexuality, thus the benefits are never experienced.

If reading is not your style, here is a video:

But I'm guessing you're not interested in spending at least 17 minutes of your time actually learning something about the topic. You have already made up your mind.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Gays only have "children," by adoption or surrogates.... Only in countries that allow for it. Those countries are the exception and not the norm

Everywhere else, gay peoples genes are doomed to come to an end.

Still trying to see the "evolutionary advantage " of homosexuality.

thats bull# that you want to believe. that does not make it true.

loads of gay people have children. loads of gay people are married and have families.
on that same note a person does not have to be in love and hetero to have sex and impregnate someone

you telling me that in the history of the world a lesbian has not had sex with a man for the purpose of getting pregnant?
if you believe that then youre a knob

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

They can't reproduce so exactly why did they evolve that way?

According to Darwin's hypothesis, what evolutionary "advantage" does homosexuality have?

How is it not the same as saying "sterility has an evolutionary advantage"?

If you can't reproduce, you can't evolve. And if you can't e evolve, you're a dead end and your genes will exit the gene pool.

They did'nt. It's a brain disorder! No advantage. One day treatment will be available!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You clearly don't have a grasp on the topic evolutionary mechanics.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Or that being gay does not mean you can't reproduce
Or being gay means to reproduce you need a surrogate or some procedure.
They can hump and get prego or impregnate just like anyone else

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Homosexuality has always been around, it just part of sexuality. But when sex looses inhibitions some thing happens in the society, like what we are seeing now ,and has parallels in the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire, when it was collapsing, and they were going down, the main point in their discussions were what sex were Angels. We are at that time, and the main discussion is what toilets should people of transgender use. Simply because that's what happens when things self destruct. A concern for small irrelevant things, when the real issues are so large, they cant be faced. Theirs twenty trillion in debt, robots are taking , any means left to get cash, interest rates are at historical lows, refugees are pouring across borders, and crops are failing. Another housing crises is about to start. The economy is collapsing. All at the point of a Solar minimum, when historically the highest magnitude earthquakes happen. It's probably time to start having a plan B.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ATS. Why is it one can comment on their sexuality but a response to ones sexuality is banned. Wouldnt the FAIR thing to do be to ban all comments and topics on sexuality?....Im mean otherwise you only get one side. Right ? Logical?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode

First you need to get past the idea that homosexuality is black and white, i.e. someone is either homosexual or not. We have known this for years - at least from the 1940's. Take a look at the Kinsey report and work your way through history.

Secondly, there are plenty of theories that convincingly explain that homosexuality makes complete evolutionary sense. A good starting point would be Dr E. O. Wilson's work. And if you don't know who that is - he is debatably the greatest expert on evolution - since Darwin. He is considered the father of sociobiology" and the father of biodiversity. In other words he is an expert. Check out the concept of Eusociality. And if you want to get really down to gene level, check out epigenetics.

In very simple terms: From an evolutionary standpoint homosexuality make more than enough sense. It benefits macro and micro societies. The catch is that because of religion (some) societies rejects homosexuality, thus the benefits are never experienced.

If reading is not your style, here is a video:

But I'm guessing you're not interested in spending at least 17 minutes of your time actually learning something about the topic. You have already made up your mind.

Kinsey was a lunitic....a complete psycho. Read up about the guy before using him as propaganda.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

What’s plan A?

It also sounds like your scapegoating all of the world problems on sexual fluidity.

I still believe Homosexuality has evolutionary benefits.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join