It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is willing to step up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It seems we are all a bit disgusted with the nastyness most of us have displayed over the current political divide. I admit I have a few here who have pushed my buttons to the point, I care not to discuss anything with them again. Childish? maybe, but it's better than saying something I would regret. I feel like it's time I step up and STOP being part of the problem. I still hold my beliefs that the Trump is the president, he's my president and until somebody proves he did something illegal, I'm not going to jump on the hate bandwagon. But I won't be pushing fake news. I won't be jumping on any bandwagon at all if I can help it.

I promise to do my best in being at the very least polite to those I encounter here. I may not agree, but I will try my best to be polite. If I am baited, or trolled, I'll try my best to just ignore the troll. If I see fake news, even if it looks like something I want to hear, I will treat it as such until it's verified.
To those I may have be an ass to, I apologize.

I'm not asking for anything in return, but hopes that we can discuss the conspiracies that exist within the political climate as if they were just any other conspiracy and leave the political rhetoric behind us. I sincerely doubt any of us will change our political view points based on argumentative attitudes.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I admit I have a few here who have pushed my buttons to the point, I care not to discuss anything with them again.

It was that comment I made about your superhero onesie, wasn't it?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not buying it. The Russians must have got to you too.

S&F

edit on 30-5-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not supposed to answer you. I think you are trolling me. Damn it, I already replied.
wow, this sucks.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Booooom! I make Dildo Shwaggins look like an amateur.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

I'm not buying it. The Russians must have got to you too.

They did, but I'll still stop hitting others on the playground. Sooner or later, that kids big sister might come kick my ass.

ETA: True story, it really happened. 2nd grade.
edit on 30-5-2017 by network dude because: added fact.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hay-yul no. I play nice on FB...I GOTTA let it go somewhere.

Good on ya though. And good luck!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I try not to hit first but I always hit back.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Good for you.

I have no problem debating policies, but I am getting very tired of all the hateful rhetoric towards the right or the left as groups (the right are deplorables, the left are all mentally ill, etc., etc.). Broad brushes of hate just make me want to leave this site forever.

You give me a little hope.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I always try to step up, however I drink a lot, and tend to fall down frequently.

But I will try.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Kali74
kaylaluv

In the spirit of this thread, I'm giving you both a big cyber-hug whether you want it or not.

*Hugs*

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I admit I have a few here who have pushed my buttons to the point, I care not to discuss anything with them again.

It was that comment I made about your superhero onesie, wasn't it?

And I thought it was a romper......

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you being nice to the Chem trail and flat earthers!

Hehehehe

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As long as people don't try to force their social programs and political correctness on me I have no issues. As soon as you start trying to attack my personal space and/or wallet we have a problem.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you being nice to the Chem trail and flat earthers!

Hehehehe

I'm always nice to chemtrail folks, they just get angry with asked for evidence, and consistently irritating to flat Earthers. (it's round)

I only promised to be nice with politics. (and even then, I said I'd try), but I really will.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't want to attack your wallet, just hold on to it for a while.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hehehehe

I'm always nice to chemtrail folks, they just get angry with asked for evidence, and consistently irritating to flat Earthers. (it's round)

I only promised to be nice with politics. (and even then, I said I'd try), but I really will.

If I didn't love it... I wouldn't stir the pot both ways

I'll tag team with you on the Chem trail cats and flat earthers...

And I'll try and refrain from being mean in the politics board. This is going to be hard Haha.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

that 2nd grade ass whipping still stings a bit. It's how I learned not to be a bully. And I also learned never EVER turn your back on a girl.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

I don't want to attack your wallet, just hold on to it for a while.

You will have to get it from my wife and daughter.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It's going to have to be on a diminishing sliding scale for me because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - if I see something, I say something. Now, I can be nice and civil about it or I can unleash cutting words and that will depend on what I saw and how it made me feel.

Actions have consequences, both for me as well as those who feel they can spout any crap on here and remain immune from scrutiny.

If you want to play like a grown-up, you're gonna pay like a grown-up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join