It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Too Deep: Being Jaded and Cynical

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Tonnes of great advice already given.

Like someone said before the devil is in the details sometimes we get so hung up on the little things we forget what's important. A good way to do this is set achievable goals. It helps to focus on more important things, things you want to get done.

Take a break from forums or try lest "intense" topics you can acquire a lot of stress and negativity if you get wrapped up in a heated thread.

Try to focus on the positive side of things. Generally speaking depression is wallowing in negative thoughts if you find yourself constantly focusing on the bad things, break the habit.

I agree with you, drugs are never the answer. They are a quick fix but not a solution.

From what you have already said your doing something most people couldn't even imagine doing, running their own business. Yes its hard, but that's part of what makes it great. Your achieving something with your own two hands, if it was easy everyone would do it. You need to give yourself some credit.

I also think it couldn't hurt to get out and meet some people with similar interests. Join a motorcycle club
. Or something that can help you de stress, something that isn't "work".

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I appreciate the input from everybody, it all makes sense, but getting my mind to accept and force change is going to be hard, but I'm trying.

I no longer really have a social circle as I've withdrawn from people except in day to day business activities.. Maybe I need to meet some new friends or something, try and reconnect with society. I've literally become a hermit these days.. In a way I'm ok with it, but I can feel loneliness creep up often.
edit on 5/31/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

It can be good to get out there.After spending some solo time to yourself, once you get out there you may end up drawing some people into your life that are of a more similar vibe.A change in scenery is often helpful to get the creative juices flowing.Even getting out and doing some people watching can help clear up the way you want to carry yourself moving forward...

<< 1   >>

join