It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Babylon The Mother of Harlots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was searching google for "organized religion mystery babylon", when I came across this page. Mystery Babylon is prophesized to
be destroyed in one hour. My thoughts are that if organized religion is indeed Mystery Babylon, then either an alien landing or
disclosure will be the event to kick off the destruction. If the aliens present themselves, or are presented, they will more
than likely have a theology different than our xenophobic version. (If pantheism(all is one) is the correct view of the universe,
what are the chances that earth is the center of a multidimensional, infinitely expanding, universe with a possibility of infinite
life forms?)

If so, this could cause humanity to abandon organized religion in favor of an alien religion. Project Bluebeam for real?
'Hidden Hand' or Ra Material anyone?
Article

edit on 30-5-2017 by davido because: Forgot the Link

edit on 30-5-2017 by davido because: grammar

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: davido
I should point out that the Biblical "hour" is not the sixty minutes of modern scientific accuracy. It just means " a short time".
In Revelation ch17, "Babylon" rests on the support of "the Beast"- that is, the secular rulers of the world.
The reason for its destruction is very clear at the end of the chapter. The same secular powers, the Beast and his allied kings, turn against Babylon (v16), devouring her flesh and burning her up with fire.
It is a classic case of "falling out among thieves".

I did five threads on mystery Babylon, but this one is most relevant for the destruction;
Babylon's Wake

edit on 30-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks, will review and get back to you.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My supposition is also supported by this site. Fallen Babylon - Man made Religion.
I'd like to add a few personal reasons, why I started suspecting the parallel hierarchy of the church and the establishment.
Last year, I was attending a prominent Baptist Church in my home town. On Christmas Eve, they threatened the homeless people living on cardboard matts, about 50 yards from the church with the cops. So, while everyone inside was celebrating Jesus's birthday;there were cold and destitute people outside. To me it's ironic in that Christ, if he were here, would skip the indoor birthday party; preferring to help the destitute outside. The second point is that Aristotle taught that the religion of the state, is usually modeled after the state. I do not know how many times I heard obedience,conform. The bible says, Where God is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

In my mind, this congregation mirrors the state and the hierarchy of the establishment. The pastor said, vote-no matter what, when he should have said "vote your conscience" In America, brick and mortar churches are a business. Also, a clue about MB, is that it sits on 7 mountains. Rome is a city on seven hills. The protestants are an offshoot of Roman Catholicism.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

In my opinion:

• Panentheism is closer to the truth than pantheism.

• -YOU- are the center of existence.

• There is life proceeding you throughout the entire microcosm. Your organs are alive. Your cells are alive. Your microbiota is alive. Your atoms are alive.

• There is life proceeding you throughout the entire macrocosm. Your family, friends, and associates are alive. Mankind is alive. The collective, interrelated, and interdependent ecosystem of Earth is alive. The planets and the stars are alive.

• I am in agreement with many of our forbearers; Knowledge of Self and the outer world, coupled with a personal and unexplainable experience of one's True Self, Higher Self, The Divine, and/or God will bring about much needed Love into this world.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think we all have a bit of babylon on us . The state creates the money that we work for to buy the food we need to eat .The "Church" pays the price to be in a building in the middle of town to have people who work and contribute to the collective whole ... There is a system and there have been many systems over the years that collective groups have decided to work with . I think the fall of Babylon is a falling away from the collective orders and so the state the money and religion will pass away but love will be a new collective ... just my opinion

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree that an hour can be more than 60 minute;however, I feel that it still refers to a short time.
This thread is a supposition on Alien theology. If you remember hidden hand, the thread mentions
STO,service to others and STS,service to self. Research reveals this is similar to the RA material.
The Ra Material presumes pantheism, a philosophy of "All is One" Spinoza, first asserted monism, but he
was ex-communicated by the Roman Catholics. Einstein, "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind...
The RA material actually asserts that the "Orion Group", which is Service to Self, is responsible for all of the conformity in scriptures, which to me is a bit on the gnostic side of things(demiurge and archons)

Maybe I titled this thread wrong, but I was following protocol by using the referenced link as the title. I was going to title this thread, "Will Alien disclosure cause organized religion to fall", or "What might an Alien Theology Be Like?"
In light of the supposition, it is futile to use the OT to support either of our assertions.

peace in humility and respect.
DEO

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Cool Opinion. In light of the RA material, All is One, so yes, we have Babylon in us, as well as the good.
The overriding factor is Love. As Icke says, "Love is all there is" The Creator is all love;and the will of the Creator
is for every sentient being to have what they want and to evolve to the faith and love of the Creator. My two cents,
but no physical human really knows. It's all faith. But I like suppositions and fulfilling beliefs. I feel the hopeless optimist
is happier than a skeptical pessimest, as foolish as they may appear.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's speaking on an individual basis in my opinion, meaning when the truth is discovered the Harlot is shown for who "she" is and her lies are destroyed within an hour of the truth being discovered. Her mysteries (doctrines) are seen as worthless and are thrown aside.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I see soemone didnt do a Title search. I think this has already been posted on ATS right?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But we would agree that when John says,

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
would be more or less a half and hour right?

Telling time was not that accurate back then but yet John's statement shows that he had a way to tell time. Seeing he was in the spirit and watching from Heaven all that was going on in the earth in a future time, he more than likely had by inspiration correctly meant more or less a half an hour.

So if John is corre3ct then if the he says an hour it may just mean an hour.

Re 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Re 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Re 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Re 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
I would have to say that these verses are speaking of a literal hour more or less.

edit on 30-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

A search reveals this post only with the exact title. Since the title references a website title; then this post "should be" unique.

Thank You

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Yes, I read wiki and I agree with you.
Thank you, friend

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
But we would agree that when John says, Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. would be more or less a half and hour right?

On the contrary, I'm convinced that the "one hour" in ch17 v12 is the exact equivalent of the "one week" in Daniel (which nobody takes literally), and the "half an hour" in ch8 is the first half of that week.
My thread on the subject was my first substantial thread on ATS. It used to be the top Google result for the search Silence in heaven, and still appears on quite a high page.
Briefly the "king made covenant with many" of Daniel and "the ten kings give their authority to the Beast" of Revelation are both describing one and the same thing, That is, the final ruler dominates the world through subordinate rulers for a period of time which is only specified symbolically as "one week" or "one hour".
In the middle of that week (which would also be the middle of the "hour"), the ruler sets up the Abomination and launches the tribulation which occupies the second half of the week (the second half of the "hour").
"Silence in heaven" covers the first half of the hour- that is, the first half of the week.
Why silence? Look down a few verses, and you will see that heaven gets noisy, with thunders etc., when the tribulation begins on earth. So there is silence in heaven at the beginning of the chapter when there is NO tribulation on earth.
The statement "there was silence in heaven for half an hour" means "there will be a period when the Beast is dominating the world without any obvious sign of trouble".

edit on 31-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I look at the first 6 seals as the rise and fall of Babylon. The opening of the 6th seal appears to be a nuclear holocaust.

Rev 6:12-14
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

In verse 13, it says the stars fell to the earth as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, which means to me that the stars were stationary in the heavens before they fell. Verse 14 seems to describe a mushroom cloud.

Rev 17:16
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Here, the ten horns burn her with fire.

Rev 18:8-10
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Here, it says she is utterly burned with fire, the kings of the earth must stay away or they would be consumed with the fire.

What I get from this is, the ten horns will destroy Babylon with space based nuclear weapons.
Nuclear warheads launched from satellites.
And it literally takes an hour to do...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One hour = 1 degree

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What I am trying to say is that Organized Christianity does not teach the same Christianity that Christ Did.
Christ was about freedom and independence. The organized church cannot have that. It's fear motivation
and guilt conditioning to breed conformity.
Modern Christianity promotes capitalism and the corporations in the US.
Since I have had this supposition, it keeps proving itself.
The churches are creating/enforcing worker/consumers to produce/consume more and more useless junk.

top topics

join