It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Campfire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It was about 10 years ago that I experienced something that changed my life forever. I was somewhere down at rock bottom, my girlfriend had just left me, I had no family, no friends, I was dead broke, I didn't have a job, I was about to be evicted, I started drinking heavily and I was abusing drugs. I was just about ready to give up on life.

One night while I was laying in bed, a dirty queen mattress on the floor, I was heavily intoxicated, everything was a blur and I remember fading in and out of consciousness. I don't remember much but I vaguely remember waking up in the middle of the night, I think I was awake, but I remember seeing someone standing at my doorway, a silhouette of what seemed like a human in heavy clothing. I remember just staring at it, I wasn't too scared, I was confused, I've never experienced anything like this before. That's all I could remember until I woke up the next morning, I still don't know if I was actually awake or if that was just a dream. It must have been from all the # I was doing the night before, on top of all the stress I was dealing with.

That same night, I was back on my dirty mattress doing the same thing I was doing the night before, fading in and out of consciousness until it happened again. I woke up in the middle of the night and I see the same person standing in my doorway, but this time I think I was suffering from an episode of sleep paralysis because I remember I couldn't move or say anything. This time I remember feeling terrified as I was just laying there, immobilized, just staring at this thing, then it started to walk slowly towards me, I was shaking at this point, trying to scream and move my body, but of course to no avail.. then it got close enough that it was no longer a silhouette and I could see his face, it was an old man, very old and scruffy, he had a lot of clothing on, it looked like he was homeless and his face was completely covered in blood. What I felt next is something I can only describe as the most intense fear imaginable. I only remember waking up the next morning, still reeling from the experience, still feeling uneasy and confused as to what just happened to me. Could I just be having a bad nightmare due to all the stress?

So the following night, as night time was approaching, still thinking about the nights before, I was beginning to get scared and I didn't want to go to sleep. I decided to stay sober that night because I wanted to make sure my mind was clear and I wasn't hallucinating or anything. I remember laying there on my dirty mattress, thinking of the inevitable, I didn't want to do it, I was too terrified of seeing him again, I couldn't stop thinking about the him, I remember laying there for what seemed like hours, fighting with every fiber in my body to stay awake, my eyelids were getting really heavy and I felt like my body was about to give in.. I'm not even sure if I fell asleep or if I went into some weird state of consciousness, but I remember the moment when I finally had some type of awareness, I looked at my doorway and there he was again. Trembling inside, I tried to stay as calm as possible and not panic, it must have been another sleep paralysis episode because I was having a hard time breathing and i couldn't move anything but my eyes. I was just laying there with my eyes glued to this thing, it started to move towards me again, i saw his face again, beaten and bloody, it looked like his throat had been slit, I didn't know what to do, it was literally right beside me, close enough to touch me, I was frozen, I was staring right at his eyes, he looked frightened, i was frightened.. what happened next I will never forget, he grabbed my leg and literally dragged me right off the bed. I don't know if I was having a nightmare, or if what i experienced was actually real, but I remember waking up ON THE FLOOR beside my mattress shaking and sweating profusely. I got right up, turned on the lights and didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

Luckily for me that was the last time I would have to experience this. I think about a week went by, things started to get back to normal, I was finally sleeping again, I had stopped drinking and using drugs completely, I was just happy I didn't have to experience that ordeal again.

Want to know the strangest part to this story? I was watching the local news, not thinking anything of it and then all of a sudden they begin to report on a body they had recently discovered. A body of a 70 year old homeless man, just 100 yards from my house, he was estimated to have been dead for a few week's, he was beaten to death and had his throat slit.. and just as they were about to show his picture, I quickly grabbed my remote and changed the channel.

the above is FICTION and loosely inspired by real events

Welcome to The Campfire, where it is perpetual darkness and the woodblocks have been lit with an eternal flame. So please find yourself a seat, grab yourself a hot drink, roast some marshmellows and share a story if you'd like!

edit on 29-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: edit x10

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So many flags, yet no replies.

Hmm........

Yep, you just described my teenage drunken whatever else parties I use to attend or hold.

Loved them all and miss them.

Those were the days...........

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh, share a scary story?

Bigfoot molested me. I can not say how, but he did.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hello Groot!

It's OK if nobody replies, I'm just in a creative zone and wanted to write a scary story, and since it's by a campfire, why not invite others to share a story too?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thank you for inviting me to the campfire. I think I shall sip some shine and listen for a spell...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hello Marty and welcome to the campfire

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So now I am wondering if this is a true story or not...seeing your replies.

My story, not so dramatic, for many years I would feel something walk across my bed. Later I would feel a weight suddenly on my bed and sometimes a weight lift off my bed. I acknowledged it but wasn't really afraid.

Then one night after lying down to sleep I felt a heavy weight, like heavy air, over the top half of my body. First time I was scared and did some meditation...go to the light...you are not welcome here...this is against my will...etc.

Problem for me is I never felt the heavy air above me move away...wonder if it attached itself to me or became a part of me.

Also, I have all my life heard voices call my name. Last time was a couple years ago and the voice was male and sounded really gruff and angry. In an angry tone it call out "Richard". That is my brothers name. Don't recall if it was this time or the time before when my name was called out, I just said "Okay, Okay" and was smiling to my self. New this was akin to the fake phone ringing and fake doorbells that try to wake me up in the am. There is a little more to the story but won't bother with it.

If your story is true, then think you should look inside yourself and consider the correlation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It is a fact that witch doctors and shaman use psychedelics to contact off-world entities. These folks give exactly ZERO flux what the western world has to say about it.

It truly is an amazing world, you should read 'The Stargate Conspiracy" - it's a trip.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Fake phone rings and doorbells in the middle of the night? Damn that just gave me chills. You're brave for smiling at that, lol. I would love to hear more.

As for my story, it is fiction, based on real experiences.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes, I know the witch doctor's and shaman's are into all types of crazy #, might have to give that book a read.

Thanks

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
oooooh, spooky stories! Sits by Jess and listens carefully.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

If there is more to your story, we want to hear it! Ummm...please?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You write very well. Great strong imagery, characterization, story flow....

Looking forward to reading more of your work!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow, thanks for the compliment, I'm very humbled.

Artist to artist

I'm still a newbie though, but I do love creating.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Good story!
I wasn't sure reading it, if it was true.My first thought after the mention of his bloodied face and homeless look-that it was your future self come back somehow to warn you of how your life will go if you don't get your sh*t together

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

That would've been more weird than scary, seeing my future self. Maybe a sci-fi twist for another story

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ooooh, spooooky!

I just love campfires and spooky stories. Can I supply the campfire song?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hello zosi, and of course you can!

*Presses play*

Everyone is just sitting silently around the fire in their snuggies, clenching on to their warm cups and looking at the stars at the moment...

... and secretly hoping nothing jumps out from the shadows behind them.

Find a seat and get comfortable my friend.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am always saying that this is a way forward to curb drink or drug abuse.
Get all the young children and with proper supervision give them a one off go at drink and drugs, but make sure they really have a very, very bad and frightening trip.
I'll guarantee you that they will never turn to drugs or drink for their kicks.
Harsh, yes but not as harsh as losing your sanity or life.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That actually might work, but what if they lose their sanity during the bad trip?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join