It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher Man Pilgrims Fathers Church Rotterdam: Third Temple is Community of Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Theme: "The Third Temple" Sunday 17:00 hours 2017-05-28

Bible readings:
===
Luke 24:44-53 New International Version (NIV)

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

The Ascension of Jesus
50 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
===

===
Acts 1:1-5 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
===

Theme preaching is that not the bricks not the wood not the cloth not the metal is the Third Temple, but all Christians from the North South West and East from all cultures from all peoples are the Third Temple: The Community of Christ is The Third Temple. If the bricks Temple would be rebuild it would be The Fourth Temple.

Supported in preaching by:
===
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
===

===
Ephesians 2:19-20 New International Version (NIV)

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
===

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,.........

Where is that written?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,.........

Where is that written?

I gave the references, didn't I

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The preacher is quite right.
Among his references, this is the one I always quote;

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Those who are obsessed with "the future building of a Temple in Jerusalem" really do need to take this point on board.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Those who are obsessed with "the future building of a Temple in Jerusalem" really do need to take this point on board.

Oh very good one! I will tell the preacher next time I see him
There is protection build in the Theistic system.
edit on 2017-5-29 by galien8 because: emoticon

edit on 2017-5-29 by galien8 because: ex not quote

edit on 2017-5-29 by galien8 because: not ex

edit on 2017-5-29 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2017-5-29 by galien8 because: stupid editor

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Paul is intending a warning about the need for unity.
People "destroy the temple" when they break up the common unity of the church.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Paul is intending a warning about the need for unity.
People "destroy the temple" when they break up the common unity of the church.

The only unity in the different Christian Churches and Streams is The Bible, one would need to undermine The Bible, OK atheists are trying to do that for a long time , as long as "The Church / New Testament" is old, so about for 2,000 years or so

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
They are united to the extent that they are willing to recognise each other and work together.
Unity of organisation is not needed. Paul was not working for an organisation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Where is that written?

The quotation is from 1 Corinthians 15:4 and would have therefore been paraphrasing the words of Jesus (recorded in Luke 24:46 and Matthew 12: 39-40 which were both written before the letter to the Corinthians).

and/or,

Prophetically in Hosea 6: 1-3.

and/or,

Prophetically as a concatenation of Isaiah 53:3-5, Psalm 16:8-10 and Jonah 1:17 (as interpreted in Matthew 12:40).

and/or,

Prophetically by inference from the Akedah (Genesis 22:4) three days journey to Moriah.
Prophetically by inference from Exodus 19 where God says four times to be ready for the third day.
Prophetically by inference from Esther where the Israelites were to fast for three days for their salvation.

edit on 29/5/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Where is that written?

The quotation is from 1 Corinthians 15:4 and would have therefore been paraphrasing the words of Jesus (recorded in Luke 24:46 and Matthew 12: 39-40 which were both written before the letter to the Corinthians).

and/or,

and/or,

Prophetically as a concatenation of Isaiah 53:3-5, Psalm 16:8-10 and Jonah 1:17 (as interpreted in Matthew 12:40).

and/or,

Prophetically by inference from the Akedah (Genesis 22:4) three days journey to Moriah.
Prophetically by inference from Exodus 19 where God says four times to be ready for the third day.
Prophetically by inference from Esther where the Israelites were to fast for three days for their salvation.

Well thanks, now I get it what windword meant. Sorry windword, I thought: Is he fooling me?

You are quite a scholar of The Bible, I mean that as a compliment (Dutch: Schriftgeleerde English: Master of The Scripture)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Are you suggesting that Luke is quoting a letter to the Corinthians as messianic prophecy? I reject that.

I understand the 3 day traditions, including the missive against eating 3 day old meat. However, nowhere in the Old Testament is it written " The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day..." in some miraculous way.

As you cited:

“Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
    but he will heal us;
he has injured us
    but he will bind up our wounds.

After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will restore us,
    that we may live in his presence.

All of us are supposedly restored within 3 days. This is based in faith that God would not subject the soul to the degradation of residing within rotting flesh.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Are you suggesting that Luke is quoting a letter to the Corinthians as messianic prophecy? I reject that.

Firstly, if Corinthians was quoting Luke, how do you construe that Luke was quoting Corinthians? That's just backwards.

The books of the New Testament are not arranged in chronological order of when they were written, but rather in an approximate narrative order.

There has been a suggestion that the books of 'Luke' and 'Acts of the Apostles' were in fact the legal brief, on the status of Christianity, prepared prior to Paul's trial in Rome. If this were the case, it would date the writing of the Gospel of Luke and The Acts of the Apostles, to after the writing of the First Letter to the Corinthians.

I, personally think that if Luke did write as a trial brief, then it is rather odd that tradition does not record it, as it would add significantly to the credential of Luke's writings.

Similarly, Luke wrote to "Theophilus" in both cases. the assumption is that this must be a proper name and that Theophilus must be an officer of the court. Yet, identifying a person who is friendly to a suppressed cult is surely putting a target on their forehead (remember that Paul was being tried over his Christian evangelism and, in his second trial, found guilty and most probably executed. Several sources record that Paul was beheaded, at the order of Emperor Nero, who was the judge in the trial).

Theophilus means "friend of God" and is far more likely to have been a polite 'code name' for any follower of Christ, rather than being a proper name.

I cannot say for certain which account or letter was written before the other, but I do expect the Gospel of Luke to have used other existing Christian writings as source material.

Aside from that, Luke is clearly not quoting from the First letter to the Corinthians but is quoting the words of Jesus, which do not include the phrase "it is written", i.e: Jesus is the originator of the phrase being quoted by Matthew which in turn is quoted as being 'written' in both Luke and and Corinthians.

I understand the 3 day traditions, including the missive against eating 3 day old meat. However, nowhere in the Old Testament is it written " The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day..." in some miraculous way.

As you cited:

“Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
    but he will heal us;
he has injured us
    but he will bind up our wounds.

After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will restore us,
    that we may live in his presence.

All of us are supposedly restored within 3 days. This is based in faith that God would not subject the soul to the degradation of residing within rotting flesh.

You missed my initial point that Corinthians was quoting the existing Gospels, not the Old Testament.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

Where is that written?

and/or,

and/or,

and/or,

Well thanks, now I get it what windword meant. Sorry windword, I thought: Is he fooling me?

You are quite a scholar of The Bible, I mean that as a compliment (Dutch: Schriftgeleerde English: Master of The Scripture)

Thanks.

I think the passage in Matthew in which Jesus refers to the account of Jonah as being indicative of His death and it's three day duration, is the most pertinent in this case.

Generally, I would not usually include the prophetic references because in context, they are not particularly strong but since Jesus Himself made that connection, how could I disagree!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 29/5/2017 by chr0naut because: The dreaded autogenerated double posting, Ahhrg!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

Where is that written?

and/or,

and/or,

and/or,

Thanks.

I think the passage in Matthew in which Jesus refers to the account of Jonah as being indicative of His death and it's three day duration, is the most pertinent in this case.

Generally, I would not usually include the prophetic references because in context, they are not particularly strong but since Jesus Himself made that connection, how could I disagree!

Do you have a digital Bible and a search function? Can you "google" through an digital copy of the Bible on your PC?

new topics

top topics

join