It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing I like about Millennials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: BubbaJoe
Several years ago when I realized my elderly mother was not safe to remain so far away from me, over 1200 miles, I made her a proposition.

I suggested she come visit for the winter, and if she didn't like living with me, I would return her to her home, no questions, no coercion, no hard feelings. The rest is history.

It turned out to be the best thing for both of us. She is 84 going on 18. She is involved in something every day of the week except Thursdays. That is the only day she is not doing something for the church, the community, a friend, or taking a class.

I think keeping busy keeps her young, health, and sharp. My mother worked in a career field that did not pay women social security until much later, and when she did become eligible, she hadn't earned enough credits, so her monthly check barely pays for her Medicare. She doesn't ask for much. I cover all her expenses and my siblings spoil her as much as she will let them, and then some.

My family is very close and tight. We have are battles just like any other family, but we will never let our mother or each other go without. Something that was ingrained in us growing up poor in the country. It is probably what provided the glue that holds us together.

I salute your family, but that is not the norm. My mother is 77 and a piece of work with past mental issues. While I applaud you and your family, all situations are not the same.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I've worked with some of them- they don't DO # in the work place, and want more money for no work.

THIS.

The one at my workplace spends all day on his smartphone or just keeping the project file open on his pc pretending to work or doing very little.

Deadline arrives and the boss gets others to help him finish the work saying us older more experienced folk ought to mentor the young ones.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My siblings both have the economic resources to help my mother, but I am the one that does the everyday things. I make sure she gets fed, she has been to my sister's twice in the last month, and my brother's once. Hello 31 days in this month.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

originally posted by: lordcomac
I've worked with some of them- they don't DO # in the work place, and want more money for no work.

THIS.

The one at my workplace spends all day on his smartphone or just keeping the project file open on his pc pretending to work or doing very little.

Deadline arrives and the boss gets others to help him finish the work saying us older more experienced folk ought to mentor the young ones.

So you denigrate this whole generation based on one individual?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I understand. It can be challenging and you have to always be adjusting as the needs change. Simple things create new problems. Like taking the keys, thank God, she volunteered the keys. Doctors visits, hospitalizations, medications, treatments, diagnostics.

I realize that I am blessed in a lot of ways, and I share the credit for things running a lot smoother than for most, because I do have some amazing siblings. The biggie, as the primary care giver, is knowing when it is time to take a respite.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I understand. It can be challenging and you have to always be adjusting as the needs change. Simple things create new problems. Like taking the keys, thank God, she volunteered the keys. Doctors visits, hospitalizations, medications, treatments, diagnostics.

I realize that I am blessed in a lot of ways, and I share the credit for things running a lot smoother than for most, because I do have some amazing siblings. The biggie, as the primary care giver, is knowing when it is time to take a respite.

I need some time off, I would agree with you there. I work for my sister, she is a CPA, and my brother travels constantly. I have not spent 24 hours outside of this house since 2010.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You know ATS is a bit further from its CT origins when members are saying that you should bust your hump to keep corporations happy.

Personally, I also like this about Millennials. You hear conspiracy theorists telling people to wake up all the time. Well they did and this is what happens. Was someone expecting something different?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
These arguments are funny.

The Baby Boomer and Gen X are the biggest life sucking, heartless, blood sucking tics that the US economy has ever witnessed.

They just don't care to admit it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I see a bunch of boomers and old people patting themselves on the back in one massive echo chamber...

It feels like all these people are trying to self-assure themselves that selling their souls to the "company store" for their entire lives was worth it somehow.

And to top it off ... the parents who gave birth to the baby boomers said identical things about the baby boomer generation. They're lazy. They're doped-up hippies listening to that "rock music".

Let's also not forget that the people bitching about millennial's gave birth to them. They prepared the world ahead of the millennial's. They brought them into the world, they raised them.

For a generation so hung up on "responsibility" they seem to forget:

If anyone's to blame for the millennial's, is the parents of the millennial's.

So, quit your bullsh*t, buck up buttercups and stop blaming your failures on the people you failed.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Kettu because: for me to know, and you to wonder...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Have a little Respect for your elders would ya?

Kids these days.... They want it all, but they're not willing to sweat for it. If it wasn't for those 'Boomers' you wouldn't have it half as good as you do right now. But that will fade in time thanks to the baby bonehead Millenials who chose to stop thinking for themselves and instead, blame everyone else for their own rotten behavior.

edit on 29-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Obviously, none of you all ragging on the Millennials have ever met my lazy-ass, moocher Boomer mother. Worst employee I've ever laid eyes on when I had the displeasure of being in her store as a customer eyeballing her "work" when she didn't know I was in there. Not even the crappiest Millennial compares.

I don't find I have a lot in common with people my own age (the Mil group, I'm the same age as Projectvxn) But I will give them credit where credit is due -- IMO from a customer's POV, they're better at CS/retail jobs with customer interaction than the older folks are. By a lot.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

used to work at a warehouse where majority were in teens early 20's,they had terrible work ethic,wanted big money for doing nothing,that is not something to be proud of,just shows their liberal thinking,they are special

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

People here aren't f'ing ragging on All Millenials. But you knew that already. As for your own experience, hell try being part of a Mafia Family.

Nuff Said...

Judge .. but have some freaking respect.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I wrote a song about this very topic a long time ago called Entitlement Generation:

I just want to drink sometimes
Make it all about me
But even though I try so hard
Your heart is in my memory

Seven billion people on my mind
How can I keep them all inside
I am not the Saviour of humanity
Even if I tried I'd fail for my empathy

I HAVE WORKED SO HARD
ALL BY MYSELF

That's what my parents taught me
"Nothin'" isn't even for free
Baby Boomers, you're to blame
By your own words you're put to shame

If you created everything
The entitlement generation has you to thank
If what you say is true
Then my problems are yours, too

I HAVE WORKED SO HARD
ALL BY MYSELF
I DID IT ALL MYSELF
ALL BY MYSELF

*The entitlement generation is not what you say
Grow your kids in a dish then throw them away
Out on the street at eighteen, never even knowing the way
PUT THEM DOWN, PUT THEM DOWN
"You're so deluded"
"You're so secluded"
"You're so polluted"
BUT HYPOCRISY IS ALL YOU GAVE

I HAVE WORKED SO HARD
ALL BY MYSELF
I DID IT ALL MYSELF
All by myself

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: Kettu

Have a little Respect for your elders would ya?

Kids these days.... They want it all, but they're not willing to sweat for it. If it wasn't for those 'Boomers' you wouldn't have it half as good as you do right now. But that will fade in time thanks to the baby bonehead Millenials who chose to stop thinking for themselves and instead, blame everyone else for their own rotten behavior.

half as good?

you mean making 20% less money they did for an equal amount of work?

a failing economy and enviornment?

a police state?

bahhaha

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

It's insane. Last one I had under me would ask for a task, spend two hours not doing it, then ask for another one.

Then he would complain that he couldn't afford the car payments on his car that was worth more than twice the cost of my primary and secondary vehicles combined.

It can work both ways. A former boss went around the courts so he only had to pay twelve dollars a week for child support but can spend sixty five thousand dollars on restoring a car. Then when I injured my arm at work I was blamed for it but when I came to work with my left arm in a sling he changed his tune and tried to appease me with a measly half dollar an hour pay raise.

My body is broken from stress and the work i've done, i'm pretty much a fifty year old in a thirty two year old body. I've had a near fatal arrhythmia, busted shoulders and wrists, yes maybe I pushed too hard but I gave it my all and that's should count right? of course not.

Some bosses are Truck heads. One former boss never cashed our paychecks because he was literally too busy eating pies!

An honest pay for an honest job-that's all that matters IMO.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I don't know the first thing every 19-25 year old, I've had to train, is "What time do we get to take our break?" or "What time do we have to be here until?" Then while showing them how to do their job its questions like "Do we have to do this?" or "I don't want to do this."

Then there was the 23 year old who after three months of deciding he wanted to do nothing was given the option to come learn something or go home...he went home. Then showed up the next day freaking out demanding his pay cheque immediately. This was well before payday. He also liked to complain about how lucky his girlfriend was to get to sit around smoking weed all day and how his life should be nothing but him and his girlfriend hanging out all day smoking weed.

The only thing I've ever noticed working with millennials is extreme laziness coupled with a fairly extreme sense of entitlement, arrogance
and self-centeredness.

The manager and owner of my shop are noth great. Neither of them treat their staff bad. We're all paid fairly and given fairly free reign as long as the jobs get done. Personally, I can't complain, I've worked a lot lousier jobs for a lot lousier bosses. Plus its hard to complain to a boss who, when my age, was busy saving his whole family from Cambodia in the 70's. He's seen more hardship and horror than I can even imagine.

edit on 29/5/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/5/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

SHHHHHH, the CORP controlled media have people arguing about how lazy the mill are instead of how they are ripping off the workers (all). This is what the corps want, because the second the people get together and demand better, the corps nuts are clipped.

And also this

If you ask me, if more would treat the corps like they treat us, our work lives would improve.

My man.
No one wants to address the pay stagnation? That even though productivity has increased, the paychecks haven't? Our parents where making more money. And now, not only do they have to work, but they are competing against workers that should be replacing them.

No shame in being a Millennium.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

After working with a handful of them...there's some that have a good work ethic, and work hard and try to learn as much as they can. There's others that prefer to do nothing, and get insulted when asked to do their job.

So I prefer not to put a "millenial" nametag on anyone. I prefer to judge each person by what they bring to the table, what they're willing to do, and how they do it. (at work that is.)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This millennial worked for every gd thing he has and is. Come from a broke family that never once was on the government tit. More than eighteen years paying into a system that will more than likely become insolvent by the time I could utilize any of it.....but I guess that's not important eh?

I'm sure this millennial has gone through more workbooks than some of the long nosers whining about people they've never met.
edit on 29-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join