It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan House passes contentious 'Choose Life' license plate bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In Michigan it looks like a driver can plop and extra $35 and get a choose live license plate. Some of he funds that the plate raises will go to pro life groups and anti abortion non profit groups.

Michigan drivers might soon be able to drive around with "Choose Life" license plates.
The Republican-led House passed legislation Thursday that would allow drivers the option to purchase a "Choose Life" license plate for $35. Some of the proceeds would go into the Choose Life Michigan Fund and could be given to anti-abortion nonprofit groups such as crisis pregnancy centers or homes for pregnant mothers. Other donations may go to campaigns or projects that support life-affirming choices.

The bill's lead sponsor, state Sen. Patrick Colbeck, said no one is forcing people to buy the license plate and that it only provides a choice. A few Democrats also supported the legislation like state Rep. Robert Kosowski from Westland.
www.grandhaventribune.com...

Many dems says this forces the state into picking a side int the contentious abortion/anti abortion struggle. Robert Wittenberg (D) said it blurs the line between govt and religion.

Many Democrats, like state Rep. Robert Wittenberg of Oak Park, opposed the bill. He said it forces the state to take a side on a politically-charged position.

"I rise today in opposition to Senate Bill 163, which uses state dollars to further a religious and politically-charged viewpoint," Wittenberg said. "If our aim is to promote motherhood, better parenting, improved neonatal health care or infant health, we can do that without blurring a line between religion or government, or without favoring one political view over another."

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Has ANTIFA started a mob "champagne campaign" yet ?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Finally a "pro choice" for license plates !!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps we will see SJW's outside the DMV picketing?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Your car your choice

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can see & understand both sides of the argument, but ultimately, it's just a plate with a vanity cause slant ("look at me & what I support, wee!") IDGAF. Pretty sure most others here in MI don't, either.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Perhaps we will see SJW's outside the DMV picketing?

Big dilemma for them.

They would be "forced" to become "anti choice" !!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is it your goal in life to be a retard in every thread you post in?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
At least they are giving the cash to fake shock video makers, and not doing something irresponsible like providing birth control with it.

SJW freaks are hijacking the state now. swell

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well, it's definitely a goal of yours:

I can see & understand both sides of the argument, but ultimately, it's just a plate with a vanity cause slant ("look at me & what I support, wee!") IDGAF. Pretty sure most others here in MI don't, either.

Ultimately, it's something the State should not be involved with...unfortunately, asinine people such as yourself will let it slide, as their ignorant asses DGAF.

Tool...

edit on 28-5-2017 by BestinShow because: Kill 'goal'

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't see what it has to do with religion,it is science.A fetus grows inside the womb.LIVING things Grow whether the soul inside that creature enters at conception or 2 months gestation-when you have an abortion you are killing a human being,your own flesh and blood.And no amount of mental gymnastics will and can ever change that.I see people tell themselves all kinds of things to dehumanise that growing life.And they tell themselves all kinds of things to try and justify abortion.But whatever they tell themselves,it does not change what abortion is-the killing of another human being.I have an allergy to religions but it does not take being religious to know how wrong it is.Science tells you that child is growing inside you.
They should have "Choose Death" for the lovers and fervent defenders of the child murdering too.Free speech an all that.Not like its going to make a difference in the long run.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Bull

Not even close, it is using a state "office" for personal sjw causes.

No grey area should be allowed here.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

With all the issues in govt, this is the one that certain "asinine" people let slide and this is the one we should get the old soap box out for?
What should someone do if they disagree with this?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Pro lifers are not SJW's.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Pro lifers are not SJW's.

Your opinion is noted

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Give me liberty or give me death

-- aborted license plate
edit on May-28-2017 by xuenchen because: cutoff

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I Like It!
TWO THUMBS UP!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If you destroy the plate before it is installed on the car, are there regulations to how and when it can be destroyed?

Is a plate a plate if it isn't installed?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Bull

Not even close, it is using a state "office" for personal sjw causes.

No grey area should be allowed here.

Wait a minute, wait a minute.

Pro-life groups are SJWs now? Thought that was just the "left" causes? When did this memo go out and how did everyone miss that?

All things being equal, I really don't see this as any different than environmental/wildlife conservation groups & their plates, for example.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

and correct

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join