It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Chancellor Merkel Warns; US & Britain no longer reliable partners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I mean.. then there's the fact that Germany has the highest GDP in Europe... But that's non of my business

Then maybe they should pay what they owe NATO/US.

If Merkel doesn't like you, you must be doing something right.
edit on 5 28 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Around 70 years too late, but better now than never, that even german officials have to admit the reality!
Germany and the former US were never partners, the former US was the occupying master, and Germany had to do whatever the former US wanted, Germany was used by the cowboys, as carrier in the middle of Europe. As placee for their nukes, for their listening stations, as overseas home for their three letter agencies, etc.
Partners do not spy on each other, partners don´t force the other partner into wars, with lies(at least they tried too, iraq), etc.

It´s about time, now, with the lunatic "government" around the puppet Trump more than ever, that the last occupiers/"allies" leave us alone. We don´t want to be used for your dirty games anymore, this is not the wild, wild west here. Take your troops, your nukes, your agencies, then there is no more reason for anybody to attack us, we would live safer here.

We wouldn´t have to house the spying stations anymore, that spy on all of us germans, on whole europe, the whole world. Some propaganda movies from Hollywood, like in the 1980`s, aren´t enough anymore, to make the people in the whole west believe that the former USA is the "good guy". We know too much today about all that dirty stuff, like who is the reason for the refugee crisis Europe has to deal with, but asks us for more money for it´s tool NATO. Pay for the crisis you created, deduct that money you want for your(!) war machine, and we are fine.

No, really, with such partners you don´t need enemies anymore!
And i tell you, i hate that puppet Merkel, i am german. But what she said is absolutely right(and i hate to admit that), like the whole world can confirm, only the Trumpists don´t get it. Less than 1% of the mankind is always right(Trumpists), and the rest is wrong, for sure...

What is wrong with saying that partners, that behave like the anglo-american "empire"(xD), are not reliable anymore. She should have said that after Germany learned that the former US three letter agencies spy even on Merkels phone, besides all the german citizens, the german economy, everything. We don´t need partners that store their nukes here, too make us a first target(and to save time), if the enemy would be russia. Is that reliable? You lied in our face with the iraq war, and damned us when we told you that we don´t go to a war basing on lies! Is that reliable?

We don´t need the enemy, with it´s crumbling "empire", sleeping in our bed anymore!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Groot
Dear god the arrogance and ignorance is outstanding, when the # has American done anything for Europe that wasn't to benefit itself?

World War 1 and World War 2 stupid.

And the subsequent military protection for them on our tax dollars for the last 70 years. And the economic rebuilding subsequent to ww2. Quite a lot a really.

No crap... this guy... (Dear god the arrogance and ignorance is outstanding, when the # has American done anything for Europe that wasn't to benefit itself? )

I won't say it.... I will just say Idiot and be done. I assume he is a liberal arts major.

The entire 40+ years of the cold war was to keep Western Europe Free. I was there... where was he?
edit on 28-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

She's electioneering , only Merkel can take Germany and Europe into this brave new world.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What's with the liberal and globalist need to blame others for their own faults?

It's somehow bad that Germany should take responsibility for their own downfall? Or is the assumption Germany can just flood their borders with whomever and the US picks up the tab?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think she fancies, that she should be President of the eu (don't mean just the figure head we have now). It'll be interesting to see how many, if any of the EU nations will be happy with that.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: infolurker
Are you having a laugh????? Or have you just watched too many American films?

Reality.

Try it. The graves tell the story. By the way Happy Memorial Day (though I doubt you care)
www.appreciationflag.com...

edit on 28-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In my opinion this comes across a bit of an ill-conceived tantrum on Merkel's part. This isn't some righteous call-out, I think it actually makes her look weak and calls her competence into question. "Europe must take it's fate into it's own hands"? What was it doing before? "Completely depend on others"? What sovereign state or mega-state would want such a thing? What was Europe doing before if it wasn't fighting for its "own destiny"?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From my understanding, Germany planned to kick Britain out of the EU. Britain was the only thing stopping the next Reich takeover of Europe by Herr Merkel. They're using the influx of refugees and the politically correct culture war to dissolve any national identities left in Europe, a stark contrast and new tactic since the last attempted reich. Who knows, but it looks like the US, UK, and Russia might be fighting the same old enemy once again.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The world is getting smaller and smaller. If we can't learn to live together on this planet, we are dead in the water.
Donald Trump is consistently disrupting any gains that have been made over the last decades. You can't say anything you want, anytime you want, and expect to gain any respect or support. He's alienating our allies, just like he has done the IC in the U.S.

He doesn't learn from his mistakes. Even a dog learns from his mistakes.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The country that's ruined Europe 3 times in under 100 years is calling us unreliable? OK

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Screw Merkel, she can go to hell.

She's on her way out anyways.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Dude the Obama admin got caught spying on merkel just a couple years ago lol would you rather trump do that?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Dude the Obama admin got caught spying on merkel just a couple years ago lol would you rather trump do that?

No. I would rather Trump resign before he makes utter fools out of our country, and all his dedicated supporters, if he hasn't already.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
The world is getting smaller and smaller. If we can't learn to live together on this planet, we are dead in the water.
Donald Trump is consistently disrupting any gains that have been made over the last decades. You can't say anything you want, anytime you want, and expect to gain any respect or support. He's alienating our allies, just like he has done the IC in the U.S.

He doesn't learn from his mistakes. Even a dog learns from his mistakes.

Blaming DT aside, why would you want a global government? The further away a government is the further out of touch it is with the wishes of its people. Also, governments lose effectiveness in direct relation to the amount of those governed.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The isolation of America is underway. And nothing is more dangerous to power than isolation.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok let's cut it up then, the US and UK vs. France and Germany.

U name the contest, we win.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I didn't say I want a global government.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Ok so let me get this straight, trump offends people so he should resign, but Obama spies on our allies and not a peep you people crack me up

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Ok so let me get this straight, trump offends people so he should resign, but Obama spies on our allies and not a peep you people crack me up

Sometimes gross simplification seems absurd. This is one of those times.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join