It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative Destroyed: ‘White Supremacist’ Portland Stabbing Suspect Is A Bernie Bro

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Huh, I honestly can say that I never once considered, let alone assumed, that disgusting killer's political leaning.

Am I in a minority or does everyone automatically do this these days?

People don't. that's what the media is here for, to show us all how this is Trump's fault.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Boadicea

Crazy. That's the best way to describe the man. It appears he was all over the map politically. But if we want to take his politics into account, by his own admission, he voted for Sanders.

You don't hear much about Nazi Sanders supporters often.

I'd be pissed off too if I voted for the loser. I've never voted for a presidential candidate who has lost.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Let's be fair.

No one on the west coast (outside of MLM pyramid schemes) had ever even heard of Donald Trump before he ran for president. Of course he was a Bernie Bro, after all -- Portland.

You can't get any further west than Portland. :p

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Of course he was a Bernie Bro, after all -- Portland.

I thought the Bernie bro's were the kind of peace-nik hippies that always have birds flying in front of their podiums.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Of course he was a Bernie Bro, after all -- Portland.

I thought the Bernie bro's were the kind of peace-nik hippies that always have birds flying in front of their podiums.

Like most lefties they talk the talk....but they absolutely do not walk the walk. Violent and intolerant hypocrits.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Bike Lock Boy's attorney was just on Tucker and tried to blame the alt-right for violence by using this Portland killings as his example.

Tucker rightly called him on that and said the killer was a vowed Bernie and Jill Stein supporter.

This is how fake news gets spread. This attorney didn't even bother doing his homework.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Bike Lock Boy's attorney was just on Tucker and tried to blame the alt-right for violence by using this Portland killings as his example.

Tucker rightly called him on that and said the killer was a vowed Bernie and Jill Stein supporter.

This is how fake news gets spread. This attorney didn't even bother doing his homework.

Yep - I literally just watched the same segment - that lawyer was an embarrassment to the legal profession, he shot from the hip about the Portland stabber assuming he was a Trump supporter and then came Tucker, tearing him a new one with a dose of reality.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here's this:

He was no longer supporting Bernie he said:

Mr. Christian, following an emerging trend of possible mental distress combined with “blended extremism,” called himself an “Anarcho-Nihilist and registered Libertarian, who happened to vote for only Bernie in the primary then switched back.” He further wrote of anti-Semitism as well, “In short I sympathize with both Commies and Nazis because of Semitic Patriarchal Monethesism.”

See more-

Source

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
hes still a white supremacist that voted trump, wtf . the right cannot deal with the truth which is trump has empowered racist to come out of the woodwork and act on their feelings

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
He didn't vote for Trump. Though, claims he switched over. When he acted was in support of Nationalism and was a Supremacist (see Twitter above) and this:

"Portland stabbing suspect rants in first court appearance"

Source

edit on 31-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: clarified

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It doesn't seem that he really has any kind of ideology. It's like whatever he's been consuming and happens to agree with his current state of mind is what he thinks. This neanderthal is who "fake news" is made for.

It does seem like he's a pretty obvious racist though. You can't really throw out his actions and recent rhetoric because he said he supported Bernie.

I supported both Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders because they were actual populist even though they have fairly disparate ideologies.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
It doesn't seem that he really has any kind of ideology.

No, he really doesn't. And yet he seems somewhat informed about some things... I was just reading some of his quotes, and he throws some names and words out that I doubt most people have even heard of... but there's sure no logic or cohesion to his words or thoughts -- beyond the crazy.

It does seem like he's a pretty obvious racist though. You can't really throw out his actions and recent rhetoric because he said he supported Bernie.

No, definitely can't throw it out... but it does make me wonder how often/if he changes even that position as well. Does he ever think some Jews or Black folks okay? Maybe some all the time or sometimes? He claims to have been registered Libertarian, but I sure don't see any libertarian type thinking on his part.

I'm not sure even he knows what he really thinks. If he weren't a damn cold-blooded murderer, I'd really wonder if he's just putting on an act. But those murders sure weren't pretend.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

To me he comes across in his social media postings as someone with mental problems that's just easily manipulated. Kind of reminiscent of that story that came out a couple of weeks ago about the kid that was a white supremacist and all the sudden converted to Islam and then kills his former Neo-Nazi friends. People are just lost with all the misinformation bombarding us and those with undeveloped coping mechanisms can't handle it.

Both the right and the left have selectively presented and omitted his online ramblings for political points completely overlooking the fact that two, by all accounts, stand up guys were killed. And that's #ed up.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

To me he comes across in his social media postings as someone with mental problems that's just easily manipulated. Kind of reminiscent of that story that came out a couple of weeks ago about the kid that was a white supremacist and all the sudden converted to Islam and then kills his former Neo-Nazi friends. People are just lost with all the misinformation bombarding us and those with undeveloped coping mechanisms can't handle it.

That's a good analogy. I was thinking it was more a matter of whatever serves his purposes at the moment, but the two don't exclude each other necessarily.

I think the lack of coping skills goes hand-in-hand with an absence of guiding principles as well. For example, the vast majority of us would never consider killing someone in cold blood for any reason at all whatsoever... that obviously wasn't part of this guy's guiding principles. You and I would never consider it okay to berate and verbally abuse two young girls... that obviously wasn't one of his guiding principles. We all find ourselves in positions where we aren't sure what the proper response or course of action is, but we also know that some responses and actions are not proper or appropriate.

Both the right and the left have selectively presented and omitted his online ramblings for political points completely overlooking the fact that two, by all accounts, stand up guys were killed. And that's #ed up.

Yeah, it is. You'd think they'd learn from this, but no, they just spin harder.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

He may have supported Bernie, but he is definitely not a progressive and he is by his own admission a white supremacist. But the fact that this particular Bernie supporter is a white supremacist does not make all Bernie supporters or all Democrats white supremacists. All major politicians, not matter what their stripe, have extremely confused and deluded people among their followers. ALL. The presence of a few people with contradictions does not by itself impugn any particular politician's integrity. On the other hand, the presence of multitudes of people with contradictions does suggest something about a particular politicians. It takes very little investigation to discover that very few white supremacists support Sanders, while hundreds of thousands if not millions of them support Donald Trump.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: juandeloslagos

He may have supported Bernie, but he is definitely not a progressive and he is by his own admission a white supremacist. But the fact that this particular Bernie supporter is a white supremacist does not make all Bernie supporters or all Democrats white supremacists.

Of course not!

All major politicians, not matter what their stripe, have extremely confused and deluded people among their followers. ALL.

Of course!

It takes very little investigation to discover that very few white supremacists support Sanders, while hundreds of thousands if not millions of them support Donald Trump.

But how much of that support was created and encouraged and perpetuated by a corporate media and dishonest politicians who painted Trump as the ultimate racist nationalist SOB ever to run for prez??? It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. We will never know if Trump would have gotten that same support if the media hadn't gone there. Trump didn't ask for their support, and denounced it when demanded by the same folks who perpetuated it.

And, incidentally, that support is quickly drying up, starting with the missile strikes in Syria, which they were none too pleased with. Their support was based in large part on "fake news."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join