It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious lights on a mountain in South Wales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm sure this is nothing suspicious but I still found it interesting. I guess I'm a sceptic but that doesn't mean I don't find the idea of aliens appealing or fascinating!

So anyway, about 1am last night I went to bed and noticed lights on the mountain on the opposite side of the valley, there's paths up there so it wouldn't be unusual for people to be walking there although it was pretty late. I also thought it might be kids on dirt bikes although I couldn't see any red brake lights. It's hard to get a sense of it in the video but the lights seemed to move around a lot and suddenly appear in different places. At 1:40 into the video the flashing of the two lights almost seems to be coordinated.

Like I say, I'm sure it's just something prosaic, probably a group of campers or maybe people looking for a missing person or dog etc. It was interesting to watch though.

edit on 28-5-2017 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here's the mountain in daytime

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Search and rescue use green led's, while there's not much movement in the video. It doesn't seem too high up either.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It could possibly be people with head torches. Is the area known for any unusual activity? What a beautiful location to call home by the way. Would those lights have been above or below the treeline?
edit on 28-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Those are ufo orbs. Quite rare as well in that colour, great capture 😊

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fatdeeman

So... You're staying you saw lights in a heavily populated area. Other than the pic, could you provide side by side footage of daytime video. So we can pinpoint where exactly these lights came from on the hill side that has trails on it. Then maybe you can go up there?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The Tylwyth Teg.

They are described as fair-haired and covet golden-haired human children whom they kidnap, leaving changelings (or "crimbils") in their place. They dance and make fairy rings and they live underground or under the water. They bestow riches on those they favour but these gifts vanish if they are spoken of, and fairy maidens may become the wives of human men.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
It could possibly be people with head torches. Is the area known for any unusual activity? What a beautiful location to call home by the way. Would those lights have been above or below the treeline?

About a third of the way into the treeline.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Today there is a camp fire in roughly the same area so I'm pretty sure it was just people with head torches walking around up there. Perhaps a group of friends making the most of the bank holiday weekend.

I'll keep my eye out later when it gets dark and see if the same lights appear.

Maybe one day I'll see something that's less easy to explain!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe go ask them if any of them had a lost time incident.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As a South Walian who's spent a fair bit of time camping and trekking on some of our beautiful mountains, this may well be any of the following: the forestry commission, farmers, poachers, campers, survivalists (got a funny story about finding a survivalist's camp replete with spike pit and sharpened stakes on trees, both of which I nearly came a cropper on), joyriders ready to burn a stolen car, a drug deal, teens having a party, teens getting laid or anything else that might happen in our sadly deprived communities. Lights on the mountains are really nothing new, nor are these in any way I can see more supernatural than man made.

I remember another time my camping group on one mountain saw lights on the mountain on the other side of the valley - quite obviously another campfire and torches. We flashed lights back and fore in rudimentary pidgin morse code, before getting a bit bored (and tipsy, truth be told).

Go up there and have a look! Tell us what you find :-)
And whereabouts in fair Cymru is this anyway? I swear I recognise it...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatdeeman
Today there is a camp fire in roughly the same area so I'm pretty sure it was just people with head torches walking around up there. Perhaps a group of friends making the most of the bank holiday weekend.

I'll keep my eye out later when it gets dark and see if the same lights appear.

Maybe one day I'll see something that's less easy to explain!

Aha - I had to delay posting my last, and now see this update

Sounds like a mystery solved! And it's good to see that there's still people having a good time out and about on the mountains, not just spending their lives on twitbook, instachat or some such

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thats a mountain?

Only kidding. Seriously though, could be anything. More than likely just some campers, hikers, or some kids going for a drink and smoke in the woods. Quite common. Nice job getting a video though.
edit on 29-5-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

top topics

join