It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Defender

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Bluesma

Atleast with Trump, what you see is what you get and from what I've seen, he gets a lot of respect on the world stage.

Was that irony? Or is it the message that has been projected by the media in the USA?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You mean the media actually says good things about Trump? I don't use anything other than my own 2 eyes to make judgment.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Exactly, plus it's easy to root for someone when you know for certain who his enemies are.

And "Trump supporter" kind of sounds like a brand of jockstraps.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Has not hurt anyone? Exactly who is responsible for the use of munitions in a foreign sovereign country if not the POTUS? Do those munitions not hurt anyone?

Maybe we just need to stop validating this entire den of snakes. Maybe it is time for a new system that is better able to handle the corruption that comes with power.

I do not see any nobility in supporting someone who has the power to stop hurting people but refuses to use it and even appears to be escalating the conflicts.

There is no nobility in passivity. It's cowardice.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It takes no effort to lampoon a public figure. It takes a trite more grit to defend a public figure from a seething mob.

President Trump has not hurt a single soul, yet there are people mocking him and his family ruthlessly, threatening him with violence and sanction, and burning his effigy in flames. They deface his star on the walk of fame, boycott his hotels, submit him to slander and defamation, presume his guilt before innocence, and tear into him in all the press throughout the land. They chant slogans, all of which are justifications for what they want to do with him.

When a man faces such a mob even after doing nothing wrong, you are witnessing an injustice, and anyone with principle would do best to stick up for him.

We need more souls like that here, not the smirky ones with no spine.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Has not hurt anyone? Exactly who is responsible for the use of munitions in a foreign sovereign country if not the POTUS? Do those munitions not hurt anyone?

Maybe we just need to stop validating this entire den of snakes. Maybe it is time for a new system that is better able to handle the corruption that comes with power.

I do not see any nobility in supporting someone who has the power to stop hurting people but refuses to use it and even appears to be escalating the conflicts.

There is no nobility in passivity. It's cowardice.

Really? You really believe that?

So if you are saying there is no nobility in passivity then you are espousing violence?

My goodness, I would have maybe gone somewhere in between the two extremes.

Nobility in attacking without provocation?

I can understand defending oneself but to revere violence? So the world at peace would reduce all people to dishonor?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I dont know your age...but some of us remember him going to military school and whimping out of real service...and his 1st disaster of a marriage to IVANA-Ivanka's mom...then Marla Maples marriage...his bankruptcies and "interesting" business deals in bankruptcy. And he always made sexist and snide remarks while laughing....

Just a rich man talking for the poor with "his" new budget from a man who never pumped nor paid for his own gas, or eaten a box of macaroni and cheese, let alone have to live off supplies from a Dollar Store.

Great...and we gave HIM the Keys to the Kingdom.....

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You mean the media actually says good things about Trump? I don't use anything other than my own 2 eyes to make judgment.

From what I have seen and heard outside the US, he isn't much respected on the world stage. His behavior is interpretted as childish, arrogant, and ignorant.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm only basing my judgement on his demeanor around world leaders and how other world leaders recieve him. The tone he uses and recieves is definitely respect, or even fear in some cases. I'm not talking about what the media is saying about it, because I already know what they will say.

If you ignore the media and use only your own eyes, it's not hard to see that he is indeed respected on the world stage, contrary to popular belief.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm only basing my judgement on his demeanor around world leaders and how other world leaders recieve him. The tone he uses and recieves is definitely respect, or even fear in some cases. I'm not talking about what the media is saying about it, because I already know what they will say.

If you ignore the media and use only your own eyes, it's not hard to see that he is indeed respected on the world stage, contrary to popular belief.

For one, this seeing "with your own eyes" actually means seeing photos and videos from the media with your own eyes... unless you are actually saying you were physically present at their meetings together?

Most of us have only had access to videos, photos and reports from the media to form an idea of his behavior and the reactions of foreign leaders.

I don't think I need to put up the most damaging ones, we've all seen them. But it is the comments and announcements made by foreign leaders which say the most about how foreign leaders perceive Trump. Check out what they say.

Of course, there is the usual "Who cares what _____(place country or leader here) thinks??? "
This comment is following upon the topic of diplomatic relations with other countries.

The argument that "everyone hates us anyway and they never have respect for us or our leaders" is simply invalid. Obama was very much admired and respected on this side of the ocean- there are many who joke here that they wish he'd come and run for President over here. They do not have a general disrespect or or dislike of the USA.

What I see with my eyes and hear with my ears outside of media is regular civilians attitudes and perceptions in the foreign country I live in - and it is not at all respectful. At this point, it is strange to see people beginning to look different towards Putin, thinking he might be more worthy of respect than previously thought. It is the contrast that is turning tides. Putin seems to be very intelligent compared to Trump.

A lot of people don't so much look for loud talk from a leader, but more intelligent calm talk which indicates they have emotional intelligence too.

Again, this might not matter to some Americans, and this particular angle of the discussion is not relevant for them.
edit on 3-6-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join