It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple sources: Hannity To Be Fired From Fox News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Hmm. Have you watch Rachael Maddow recently? If going down a conspiracy theory route was the path to being fired, she'd have had advertisers dropping out a long time ago and would already be stacking shelves at the local store.

I have not. I don't watch TV. I am vaguely aware that someone named Rachel Maddow exists. What I remember of her recently is crying on air when Trump won, making a big announcement over Trump taxes (which turned out to be nothing), and a snarky "told you so" video when Obama won in 2008. Beyond that, I know she's pretty far left, and I for the most part ignore her... again, because I don't watch TV.

Hannity on the other hand I am aware of. The guy lies all the time on air, but I do listen to his radio show because I find him entertaining, and it's on when I'm in the car. I've been listening to him off and on for 18 years now. I've got a pretty good grasp on who he is and how he's changed over the years. In recent years he has changed a bit.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thank god, there needs to be less scumbags like him spouting fake news and alt right meat.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkchao45

So... you believe that anyone who does not agree with your point of view does not have a right to talk?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

You really do not see a problem with an organized attempt to control the news in order to control what the public thinks?

That's not what's going on. What's happening is that Hannity jumped the shark. For about two years now he's been really into conspiracy theories, and he keeps going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. Lately, he's started lifting stuff from Infowars (including promoting them and Alex Jones as credible sources of news on his radio show), and he went into the Glenn Beck career suicide spiral.

He's completely lost touch with reality, to the point that his editors won't let him run with stories anymore.

This post cracks me up. this is the way mainstream media is. To think that seth rich could have been murdered for political reasons is losing touch with reality. Now a botched robbery where nothing is taken that's the reality and you better like it. You wanna question it we will go after your advertising and then we will take your job. i mean you have went off script and therefore lost touch with reality.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkchao45
Thank god, there needs to be less scumbags like him spouting fake news and alt right meat.

well if that's the case we will see him at cnn soon. he will have to be a different kind of scumbag and change his narrative but as far as the fake news part he could fit right in.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You probably shouldn't refer to that lying shill Hannity as "news" as he himself has recently declared, "I never claimed to be a journalist."

He's a joke and a unrepentant hoaxing clown. All that's left to be seen is who will fill the role of Roger Ailes in creating a newer, further out of touch with reality MSM outlet once Fox is finished cutting loose Ailes stable of polemicists masquerading as newspeople.

Will it be Robert Mercer? Breitbart TV?

Then again, maybe not. After a short initial bump following the election, Breitbart's pageviews have plunged. I'd imagine that if this is true, Fox has been getting blowback from its advertisers because a whole lot of people see right through Hannity and don't appreciate his exploitation of a young man's murder to boost his ratings.

As for this? Lmao. Rupert Murdoch and Trump have had several meetings over the last few months and they reportedly talk at least once a week by phone.

And they've had a cozy relationship for years, according to Trump.

as the network swerves left to axe all conservative voices and join the ranks of the other so called "news" networks.

Donald Trump's Rupert Murdoch revelations are utterly terrifying

The controversial media mogul Rupert Murdoch introduced his “friend” Trump at a dinner in New York honouring American and Australian veterans of the Battle of the Coral Sea.

Trump said that Murdoch had asked him for annual donations to the American Australian Association.

Trump then told everyone he had obliged and donated via Murdoch, who owns a massive chunk of the media, including The Sun, The Times, the New York Post, the Wall Street Journal, 21st Century Fox and News Corp.

According to the Daily Mail, Trump said:

"I've been contributing to for years through Rupert. Every year he'd send me this letter – "Could you please give money?" I'd say, "What do I have to do with that, Rupert?" And I'd just keep sending him money, money.

And now I realise, that was money well-spent. That's great. Right, Rupert? For years I've been doing my thing for Rupert."

That was three weeks ago. Looks like Murdoch is really eager to ax all the Trump shills, clearly he hates Trump:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

SEAN HANNITY delivered what I call a "Prep My Audience for What's To Come" speech on his radio show, this past Thursday. Said that every time he's made a career change voluntarily, or involuntarily, his Quality of Life improved, as did his ability to reach more of America.

Given that track record, it's a safe bet that his next career move will be upscale.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
FAKE NEWS!!!

"Multiple sources" ... Yeah, we've gone through that before!

It isn't real if they can't say who said it!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah all this whining over a right-wing news alt-sexual abuse network is funny.

They always have the same old paranoid fantasies of conspiracy against them.

Fox’s delusional news coverage has finally started to affect their ratings so they panic, that’s life in the big city

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well, they (Fox News) is establishment now. They support TPTB and the establishment.

The Republicans and conservatives control the House, the Senate and White House. Conservative Republicans are "in charge".

These people are the authority, they are the establishment.

People who want to be anti-authority and anti-establishment, by default, would now be anti-Republican.

Fox News is now a mouthpiece and cheerleader squad for the establishment party. The resistance and rebels don't want to watch establishment network news.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would urge the left not to celebrate this.......

This could easily happen to any of the news networks, and IMHO is more sinister than it seems.....

To my eyes it looks like a larger entity is looking to "streamline" the media to only push whatever agenda is coming out of Washington......

Mark my words, NBC, ABC , etc are next .......

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Fox News isn't doing as well as it once did -- it's not the "opposition network" anymore. It doesn't feel as good to be part of the establishment. It's not surprising Fox News is cutting the fat and trimming things around.

Hannity will likely move over to The Blaze or some other uber-conservative network.

It's been an odd year for conservative pundits. Milo, Tomi, O'Riley, now possibly Hannity?

Yeah, people don't want to buy products from companies that run ads on those types of people's shows. Despite Trump winning, the popular vote of people who actually voted didn't vote for him.

I think marketing firms that use creepy computer systems to determine buying habits and consumer trends kinda know what people like/don't like...and if they think pulling advertisements from conservatives is a safe/OK move...I'd go ahead and trust their judgement.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Fox News isn't doing as well as it once did -- it's not the "opposition network" anymore. It doesn't feel as good to be part of the establishment. It's not surprising Fox News is cutting the fat and trimming things around.

Even so, and yes fox IMO has swung farther right than it once was, they are reporting on some things that the Administration isnt happy with, if you remember they had a huge falling out with Trump during the the primaries, which led to Meghan Kelly leaving the network, IMHO another hit to another anchor that wouldnt toe the line.....

Hannity will likely move over to The Blaze or some other uber-conservative network.

The Blaze and or Glenn Beck do not support Trump , I doubt this is going to happen.....

Yeah, people don't want to buy products from companies that run ads on those types of people's shows. Despite Trump winning, the popular vote of people who actually voted didn't vote for him.

Regardless of any of that, what matters to large companies is their bottom line, despite what anyone thinks of Fox and people like Hannity and Orielly, they had a HUGE viewership that brought their sponsors lots and lots of money......the pressure to stop sponsoring them is coming from , my guess, much higher up.......thats the only way to get rid of these News Personalities is to have their sponsors drop.....its an assassination.....

Again , I wouldnt cheer to much about this......we will revisit this thread towards the end of the year and see if any more news agencies get targetted......

Like I stated its my opinion that more "politically" affiliated entities and 3 letter agencies are doing this to control whats coming out of the media.......

Thank you for replying, star for that!
edit on 5/28/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I am beginning to wonder if he wants to be fired. I know he's under contract and to remove him he's going to make a lot of money. He seems to be pushing for the idea or so it seems.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I hear where you're coming from...

I think it comes down to one thing, and one thing only...the great motivator behind everything:

$$$

And these folks know money. They have all kinds of sophisticated computer modeling programs that analyze millions of data points with complicated statistic sets.

And by "these people" I mean the advertising agencies who's job is to sell you and I products. If they've deduced that pulling adverts from these shows somehow will increase revenue ... that's what they're going to do.

There's huge percentage of non-voting people in America who still watch cable network news. I suspect its these people, combined with the 2-3 million more who didn't support/vote for Trump that the advertising agencies are concerned about.

I honestly sometimes think that reducing the issue down to something as simple as money seems ... counter intuitive? It seems almost too easy to be believed...as in, there has to be some other, more nefarious and complicated reason.

I posit, however, that no...it really might just be that simple: They think they'll make more money by pulling advertising support from these people in the long run...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Guys you have to respect the market

It's not market driven, it's ideology driven. If it was market driven, then throughout the years of Obama, MSNBC and CNN would have been like Fox.

I dont understand how this makes sense?

Obama won his second term... the market was pro obama.

Also.. Obama had a 57% approval rating in January of this year.... so the country was still.. majorily pro Obama.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The country's population as a whole is decidely more liberal than conservative.

Conservatives fall in line and come out to vote more, hence more conservatives winning elections. Voter turnout among liberal-minded people is lower.

That doesn't really matter though when it comes to buying stuff, as everyone buys stuff.

In other words, not everyone votes...but everyone buys stuff. You advertise to the people who are gonna buy your stuff...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lets hope he is not found drowned after he committed suicide by shooting himself a few times in the back of the head and then zipping himself into a suitcase and throwing himself in the pool or something like that.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine
This post cracks me up. this is the way mainstream media is. To think that seth rich could have been murdered for political reasons is losing touch with reality. Now a botched robbery where nothing is taken that's the reality and you better like it. You wanna question it we will go after your advertising and then we will take your job. i mean you have went off script and therefore lost touch with reality.

Quite a bit of proof for those accusations isn't there? Kim Dotcom who won't say anything in public, and an evasive statement by Julian Assange.

For what it's worth, I think he was killed for being a source of leaks. But beyond that, there is zero proof for accusing anyone, and those accusations are what matters. That's what Alex Jones and Sean Hannity are doing. That's why he may be getting fired. Sean is covering CT topics like secret assassination guilds in government and pizzagate... things that have no actual basis in reality.

I suspect his next career move will be moving to Texas and doing his radio show from there without any Fox backing. Maybe he'll even end up on the Blaze, or perhaps CRTV which he has advertised a lot.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
You probably shouldn't refer to that lying shill Hannity as "news" as he himself has recently declared, "I never claimed to be a journalist."

He's been that way for a long time. The moment I realized he was nothing more than a shill was day #1 of Obama's presidency. Through all of the Bush years he would harass his callers telling them to respect the office and refer to the President as President Bush. He would throw them off the air if they just said Bush or Mr. Bush. A 100% flip flop with Obama who was called Mr. Obama, Obama, or that yahoo in the White House on numerous occasions. He went back to enforcing it with Trump too.

The guy has zero integrity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join