It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Hundreds of women were forced to be "modern day sex slaves" in trafficking ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

By Crimesider Staff AP May 25, 2017, 5:58 PM

MINNEAPOLIS -- Hundreds of women were brought from Thailand to the U.S. and forced to be "modern day sex slaves," according to an indictment unsealed Thursday that charges high-level members of what authorities called a sophisticated sex-trafficking ring that concealed millions of dollars in earnings.

The indictment brings the total number of people charged to 38, making it one of the largest sex-trafficking prosecutions in the U.S., said Acting U.S. Attorney Gregory Brooker. Authorities say the operation lured Thai women to the U.S. with promises of a better life, then forced them to work as prostitutes until they could pay off often insurmountable bondage debts.

www.cbsnews.com...

It is both a victory, because these women are free now and another slave-sex ring has been dismantled, but at the same time it is another sad reminder that there are evil people in this world who have no remorse, and no apathy towards their fellow human beings.

But I have to wonder, how is it possible that this sick sex-slave ring has been operating since 2009, and apparently these women were being forced into becoming sex slaves in several mayor U.S. cities including Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Washington, Houston and Dallas and not one noticed for this long? The women spoke little English, and the scum who were part of the organization threatened to harm the women's families in Thailand if they escaped.

According to the article this forced sex-slave ring was making tens of millions of dollars, and the total number of people being charged is 38. That is a huge operation, and I wonder how is it that no one noticed this for so long?

The article also mentions that the women were forced to open bank accounts which the organization controlled. This major slave-sex ring also had/has bosses in Thailand, and the bosses contracted people to fly money over to Thailand.

One of the bosses of the organization was arrested in Germany, and officials are working to extradite her to the U.S.

edit on 27-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think you've pizzagate arrests coming too , pretty soon hopefully . trumps a good guy

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Hope so too.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Washington! Every f#cking single time. I hope they crack down hard on all of them. Human and sex-trafficking is despicable and needs to be eradicated. The OP is one of the reasons why i support death squads. No red tape to stop them and swift and merciless justice. I think it's time to bring the Untouchables back.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Where is this demand coming from?

I don't know people that go around paying for sex...who are these people? It's sick, but it starts with people that are sick demanding humans as a product.

It makes me ill.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Seeing these types reports makes me think it might be time to legitimize prostitution. If these a-holes are so desperate for sex they essentially steal another person's life, then make it available in a 'do less harm' way.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
They are all around you, in almost every strip mall across America.

The demand?

It is greater than you think, and the clients are usually your upstanding pillars of the community, or just the guy next door.

Most people think of this as being a victim-less crime. They are wrong.

edit on 27-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
She was arrested in Belgium, not Germany.

new topics

top topics

join