It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you 31 DEC 1999 @ 23:59 your local time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I was 18 and I was online in a IRC channel. Earlier in the evening everything was quiet only 3 others on the channel. But as it got closer to midnight the channel had ~90 people in it. I couldn't even keep up with the stream of messages scrolling past. At 11:59 it went dead and didn't start back up till 12:00:01AM. Then came the I told you so's, others were in shock with "That was it?!" And that was my first end of the world party. Good Times

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

I was gettin lit at my buddy Larrys house.
The place was packed with people celebrating and waiting to see what happens.
We did the count down and at exactly midnight, someone through the breaker switch so the power went out.

People started cheering, others screaming, thinking the Y2K hit.
Then the light from the street lamps was noticed coming in the windows and the power came back on.
Everyone had laugh and let a sigh of relief.

That was a great party.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have an alibi, I didn't do it. At least twenty people saw me that night, none of whom will remember they did. I was with my wife at a bar in town around that time, but she probably won't remember that either. Exactly which bar at exactly that time I don't know. I just remember being out for the Y2000 new year.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

London Millennium celebrations , drunkenly watched the opening of the London Eye , the fireworks and then had to walk back to Camden where I was staying because the Tube was shut.

No planes fell from the sky.
Great party.

edit on 27-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I was at a party at midnight some one flipped the breaker the lights went out and I and every one momentarily freaked.....until the lights came back on.

link   
I know it's dumb now that I know how the world works and everything. But, back then I bought the news narrative hook, line, and sinker. I fully expected the world to end, my The theory I bought was the complete failure of our nuclear launch systems with missles on both sides passing eachother in the air nuking the whole world.

link   
Ahhh... Y2K I remember it well. My wife and I decided if our world were to end we would go out with a bang. We had been out dancing that evening and came home early, about 11 or so. I had chilled a $200 bottle of Krug nv for the occasion. We sipped champagne in the hot tub ah natural. It was a wonderful Time in our lives.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Looks like someone had the same idea at your party.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was in 8th grade . At a friends house down the street.

My friends dad brought down cigars , and said that normally he wouldn't condone it but since it's 2000 we should join him for one.

Of course me being me, I said hell yeah! Pulled a lighter from my pocket and grabbed a cigar while my friends and his dad watched in horror!

Turns out, they were chocolate and he was pranking us and the next day he told my mom how eager I was to smoke a cigar... not cool man!!

edit on 27-5-2017 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

London Millennium celebrations , drunkenly watched the opening of the London Eye , the fireworks and then had to walk back to Camden where I was staying because the Tube was shut.

No planes fell from the sky.

THIS

I went to the embankment area of London with a few friends, honestly it was not worth it.. I had a #ing nightmare trying to get back to East London like Gortex with nearly all stations being closed, I remember taking a massive 3 minute donkey pee behind a old cab office after holding it all night..

I was in my late teens at the time, had I been in my 20s I think I would have had a better time if I am honest..

Actually now I think of it since then I a have kinda been put off new year celebrations in central London (and in general), my mind just rehashes being cold tired and hungry, and not being able to get home.. No wonder i'm in bed by 10pm most years, that and I tend to be more anti social as I get older and have to hold back saying to people "I really do not give a # about the new fence you have installed"...

Maybe If I was a drug taker it would be worthwhile

RA

edit on 27-5-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I remember , In Forest Equatoriale on an expedition eating mice with Mbote. I wanted to get as possible from civilization. It was supposed to end the next day. Well civilization did end but very very slowly.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
I was 18 and I was online in a IRC channel. Earlier in the evening everything was quiet only 3 others on the channel. But as it got closer to midnight the channel had ~90 people in it. I couldn't even keep up with the stream of messages scrolling past. At 11:59 it went dead and didn't start back up till 12:00:01AM. Then came the I told you so's, others were in shock with "That was it?!" And that was my first end of the world party. Good Times

In a nightclub, kissing an ex. about 12:00:30am was the last time I spoke to her LOL

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Metallica concert!!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I was at a rave on Eez and whizz!!!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think I was in a crazy relationship with a what and not a who .At that time I had black garbage bags taped to all my windows so as not to let any light escape and give away that I was home . LOL :>) ...Yea it could of all ended at that point in time and I was like who cares because I had this crazy lady or female thing that had me spooked beyond imagination .

Hard to imagine taking away any positives from that time but yea ,its all great .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was ten years old. Sitting in my mom and dads living room when they were still together. Dad was at work and mom was in her bed.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

At work. Uncle Sam wasn't taking any chances.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Euro-disney

It was okay.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was fourteen and in the eighth grade. So I was either in my room sleeping, or playing diablo 2. I cannot remember exactly which.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Could you imagine if 1999 occurred with the internet the way it is now. we'd have people livestreaming suicide at the midnight hour. others streaming themselves in bunkers. It was a little nuts then now it would be insane

top topics

<<   2 >>

join