It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Commandment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
Yes, they do.

No, in Christianity there is one God, not three. It's logical if your mindset has not been shut by the constraints of monotheism.

It's not logical because God is 1 according to the entire Bible AND Jesus (pbuh) who has a God and can't be God too.

It is logical. You just need to research the topic a bit more. However, I don't think your motive is to expand your knowledge, it is to prove a point to yourself.
edit on 27/5/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

"Trinity" is just a character in the "Matrix" movie franchise.

People should be free to believe whatever they want as long as it does not impact or infringe on anyone else.

They should also be able to interpret what ever religious teachings any way they want, again, as long as it does not impact or infringe on anyone else.
edit on 27-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Jesus is fully God and fully man. The fully man part of him can say 'our God'. The fully God part of him can say "I and my father are one'.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yes, they do.

No, in Christianity there is one God, not three. It's logical if your mindset has not been shut by the constraints of monotheism.

It's not logical because God is 1 according to the entire Bible AND Jesus (pbuh) who has a God and can't be God too.

It is logical. You just need to research the topic a bit more. However, I don't think your motive is to expand your knowledge, it is to prove a point to yourself.
Religion is mythology. It is not to be taken literally

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"Trinity" is just a character in the "Matrix" movie franchise.

People should be free to believe whatever they want as long as it does not impact or infringe on anyone else.

They should also be able to interpret what ever religious teachings any way they want, again, as long as it does not impact or infringe on anyone else.
Well that is a problem isn't it? If we have billions of people all believing different versions of a fantasy story, how can it possibly not effect everyone around them?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Annoying, isn't it.

But freedom can be.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh God, (pun inteneded) the one true god meme is what causes all the carnange in the world.

God is on our side, all others worship the devil, blah blah.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes, they do.

Research it yourself, how can man be himself and his father too?

Illogical logic you bought because someone told you its true.

The truth about that-- you are from your father in that you carry his DNA. You are connected by genetics, something the people that wrote the relevant passages of the Bible knew nothing about in their day.

"This is my son in whom I am well pleased", has nothing to do with either DNA or being one in the same, its a hand me down misinterpretation.
edit on 27-5-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Only I am not an "Islamist.".

Oh. I am sorry i should have been clear. You are an adherent of "Sunni Islam" which is the largest denomination of Islam.

When Christians can't argue their own doctrines intelligibly which to be fair is impossible you have to resort to slander.

Do you think it is effective?

Not on me.

When "Sunni Islamists" getting exposed tend to go in the "victim mode". Also a simple internet research to your quarry, should have given you the explanation about the Trinity. But its not your true purpose.

Tell the truth and admit what it says.

Here is what it says. The Father is God, the Son (Jesus) is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. But the Father is not the Son, who is not the Holy Spirit, who is not the Father.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." Matt. 28:19

Yes I believe Christian theology is nonsense because it doesn't make sense to call someone God who NEVER CLAIMED HE WAS.

Thank you for admitting that your true purpose here, is to slander Christians and their beliefs. Which brings me back to my statement on my first post here :

But since you are an adherent of Islam, you should put an effort to reform Islam which currently is full of Bad Ideas and Bad beliefs.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Woodcarver

Annoying, isn't it.

But freedom can be.

But i payed my $1.05

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes, they do.

Research it yourself, how can man be himself and his father too?

Maybe god is an incestuous time traveling gay rapist from outside of time and space?
edit on 27-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Combine this with John 14:20 and you get an Egyptian proverb.

besides.. when you were little you never needed a god to remind you who you were supposed to love. you loved endlessly when you were young. it's when your mom and dad told you who or who not to play with is when it really messed you up.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Combine this with John 14:20 and you get an Egyptian proverb.

besides.. when you were little you never needed a god to remind you who you were supposed to love. you loved endlessly when you were young. it's when your mom and dad told you who or who not to play with is when it really messed you up.
Yea, now you are starting to explain evolution. I believe humans evolved big brains to help equate all of the mental gymnastics needed to understand the absurd notions that religion tries to make.
edit on 27-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This might not click but i will try anyway....

There is just one God (Elohim) and he has had many messengers. He is one, he is all. The "holy spirit" is not a separate God it is his spirit of protection, an extension of his energy and power. Yashua is himself as well.

Mohammad sure as hell wasn't one of them and if he was he sure as hell wouldn't try to tell the world that he is the "Only True" one like a cult leader (Oh, maybe I am on to something here). Anyway, he claims that the "Word was corrupted"... really. Does anyone think that The Father couldn't keep his own word from corruption? Is god that weak that he would need to send this Mohammad character to tell the world that his word was incorrect and change the core of his message that has existed for centuries with proven examples from ancient texts, scrolls, etc to be the same and true? Who would fall for that? Either God is all powerful or he is not.

God is much bigger and more powerful than we can comprehend. Yashua existed before Abraham (John 8:58). Yashua stated that He and The Father are one (John 10:30), (John 5:17-18). He has the authority to judge the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). He has the authority to raise people from the dead (John 5:25-29) and to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7)—things only God the Father can do (I Samuel 2:6; Isaiah 43:25).

Yashua has the power to answer prayers (John 14:13-14), and that He will be with His followers always (Matthew 28:20). Yashua (the word) from the creation of the universe (John 1:3),

In Luke 4:8, Yashua says, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'” He said and showed many times that He is the Lord. Yashua says, for example, that He is “the first and the last” (Revelation 1:17, 22:13), which God the Father says in Isaiah 44:6.

Yashua has made it clear that He and God the Father are one (John 10:30), and says in John 14:6, “I am the way and the truth and the life.”

We all sin, meaning we all fall short of God’s perfect standard. The consequence of sin is death (Romans 6:23). That means eternal separation from God. But because Yashua lived a sinless life, His death on the cross provided the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Because He defeated death by rising again, we can have eternal life in the presence of God when we put our trust in Him.

God loves us and freely offers us eternal life if we accept his sacrifice, Yashua (himself, a piece of himself) as our Savior.

Nowhere at any time did Yashua state “I am a great teacher, but not God,” or, “I am just a prophet.” Never. Quite the contrary. He is the way, the truth and the life. No mortal comes to the father without the son. Redemption and sacrifice for the sins and corruption of this world.

His sacrifice for us out of love.

God is one but has three roles, just like a person today might be a father, a teacher, and a protector. Each role of God (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) has a separate function or role, but all are in himself, essence and nature, in power and glory.
edit on 27-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Originally posted randyvs
My spirit and my son are both a part of me.
Yet I am one.

But your son wouldn't claim to be you…

And you wouldn't claim to be your son…

Bad analogy…

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I never poked fun at your beliefs or if god exists

I said

therefore like Christianity we can have fun poking at what we think theirspoken words were

Notice the "what we think"

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

But we debate in a public forum like ATS using books and memory - It is not a matter of catching you out

All I said was that Love is the Greatest Commandment - God is Love - you disagree?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So Polytheism is the way to go for Christianity - I see

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trinity was the Sophia for Neo -

The Architect knows all

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
So Polytheism is the way to go for Christianity - I see

Nope. That's not what I said, or meant. I think you know what I meant, but were keen to use the work "polytheism"! The poster of the OP asserted that in Christianity there were three Gods. I was attempting to clear it up by stating that there was one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join