It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How gravity really works

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Can't say I understand this, my bad.
I read that gravity is a weak force, which is born out of the sheer mass of the earth, compared to the mass a human being and the effect it has on said human.
Such a weak force should be easily blocked, but how, it's got to have something to do with those spinning electrons.
some sort of resonance at a very very high frequency, maybe the key is to disrupt that resonance?
If gravity is mass, how can mass be changed, add energy maybe, but at the right frequency.
Totally nuts right, but it's going to take a new way of thinking to solve this one, if we ever do!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Mass bends spacetime via what force?
Electric universe

Electric universe has the mass in the shape of a sun and it's solar system of mass blobs in orbit, that's the planets, being formed at mathematical intervals away from it.

The center of the galaxy shoots off high frequency ac....yep ac current and it "sparks" the sun. Sun shoots D.C. At all the planets.

At Fibonacci intervals the plasma from that power goin on in the universe....form a void standing wave....in the electrical radiation....and a mass body is able to grow there...Or better, God just worked it so ,huh?.
edit on 27-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coza last minute thought thereyezz

edit on 27-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coza stupid me, ha.....ha

Radio edit.....I just had to add, this is seen in clouds lining up perpendicular or pointing at the sun.
Cumulative streets we learned in aviation weather, unexplainable line up to point at the sun. And we always see formations like in a layer cloud ...having the breaks line with the sun precisely.

editby]
edit on 27-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: YESSIRR

edit on 27-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Pilot report
extra DIV

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

how gravity of cosmic bodies warps spacetime

I have a different belief. That all material objects is warped spacetime so gravity in itself doesn't really exist as a force at all. But is an illussion based on our inability to see the direct paths in warped spacetime.

Applaud your graphics.
edit on 27-5-2017 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

How would a blackhole be represented with this framework?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Granted, this kind of visualisation makes it harder to explain how smaller bodies orbit the bigger ones, so that's where the trampoline analogy might still be useful. But this, in my opinion, is how the effect of gravity on spacetime should be visualised.

The trampoline seems to address this concern quite nicely, you're right.

edit on 27-5-2017 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My question is, what is spacetime? Everything else about our existence seems to be streams of particles. There has to be a physical connection, it isn't some metaphysical mysterious force. We have streams of electrons and streams of magnetons everywhere. The magnetic field is influenced by gravity, streams of magnetons exit the northern pole and reenter at the southern pole. I would think this would indicate that spacetime is also streams of a particle mass (gravitons?) flowing in every conceivable direction, thus being partial blocked by a large object. For a person standing on the planet earth, this would mean gravitons are exerting a greater pressure from above than below. We see this phenomena with neutrinos passing through a very large object, many pass through but some are absorbed or captured by the large object. Gravity can exert its influence for thousands, if not millions of light years away. If everything else is particulate, it would stand to reason that spacetime itself is also a particulate.

Just my uneducated observation...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekAnswers
My question is, what is spacetime? Everything else about our existence seems to be streams of particles. There has to be a physical connection, it isn't some metaphysical mysterious force. We have streams of electrons and streams of magnetons everywhere. The magnetic field is influenced by gravity, streams of magnetons exit the northern pole and reenter at the southern pole. I would think this would indicate that spacetime is also streams of a particle mass (gravitons?) flowing in every conceivable direction, thus being partial blocked by a large object. For a person standing on the planet earth, this would mean gravitons are exerting a greater pressure from above than below. We see this phenomena with neutrinos passing through a very large object, many pass through but some are absorbed or captured by the large object. Gravity can exert its influence for thousands, if not millions of light years away. If everything else is particulate, it would stand to reason that spacetime itself is also a particulate.

Just my uneducated observation...

Strictly speaking, spacetime is a mathematical object, a geometric abstraction of the physical universe.

It seems to do a pretty decent job in describing what we observe (at certain scales).
edit on 28-5-2017 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think the "trampoline" is an excellent, dumbed down representation of gravity...imagine required. As far as this new version, it's really similar and if I were to nit-pick, it should be a sphere around the sphere, not a box. I guess different things for different people. (I don't care for the "different strokes..." version of that saying either.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

How gravity really works

The theories of gravity continue to fail as 'gravity', like 'time' and 'motion' are mirages, appearances.
Without 'motion' and 'time', the theories of 'gravity' are unnecessary, moot.
That is why 'gravity' has yet to be clearly known, and 'theories' abound.

Imagine a simple flip book.
We flip the pages and it appears that the ball is bouncing.
Like a movie.
In reality, each frame/moment is static, no 'motion' occurs.
It's all about the 'appearance' and the Perspective!
Flip it in the opposite direction.
Put all 'single static pages on the table and perceive them all at once...
All are valid Perspectives of the One UNCHANGING Universe!

"...scientists are condemned by their unexamined assumptions to study the nature of mirrors only by cataloging and investigating everything that mirrors can reflect. It is an endless process that never makes progress, that never reaches closure, that generates endless debate between those who have seen different reflected images, and whose enduring product is voluminous descriptions of particular phenomena." - The Adapted Mind

edit on 28-5-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How far is the Moon?
You can see how far it's only reaching on the trampoline. Both models suck.
It would be in a different room. Btw. it's the Moon's diameter x 108.
edit on 28/5/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: a little improvement

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: ARM1968

Nice vid.

Gravity is a strange thing. Not sure it is really understood.

If we knew how it worked, we could make gravity motors in the same way we make electromagnetic motors and dynamos.

I've got as far as understanding there's this quantum foam made from pairs of particles that appear and disappear. Positive particles tend to "disappear" into the nucleus of an atom just like positrons. So that generates a flow. A magnetic field is the positive and negative virtual particles lining up.

It's the lack of an equal or opposite force that confuses me. There is something fundamental we are missing. A force that only acts one way is, frankly, bizzare. Gravity, or whatever it is, is the glue that makes everything work effectively. But what the hell is it?

Magnetic fields follow the one over distance cubed rule and are bipolar (due to positive/negative charges), while gravity is one over distance squared and monopolar. Nuclear forces are even higher powers but don't go beyond the atomic nucleus. But there are repulsive and attractive forces.

Perhaps our folly is in viewing gravity as a force (and by "force" we mean application of energy). As I described in my previous post, the attraction may be solely to time dilation. Mass slows the flow of time down near itself, and this discrepancy in the flow of time causes objects to "slide" from fast-time space to slow-time space.

That kind of only makes sense. Wherever there is an obstacle, time should be affected; and yet, wherever there is an obstacle, there is a landmark/goalpost.

Drawn to the landmark to be slowed down by it.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

in your video, lines toward center of gravity are not visually completely accurate, although very close. The closer to center of gravity, the more sector is stretched. On your diagram 3D square sectors are getting smaller, where they are supposed to get longer and thinner.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Really? The music kinda pumped me up and got me feeling good.
Anyways, great video, awesome stuff here

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The trampoline analogy is not entirely accurate but is the best we have.

Gravity pulls but pushes at the same time, that's why the moon hasn't crashed into the Earth. Think of a ripple that's formed when you throw a pebble into a pond-the moon has its own ripple because it has it's own gravitational field. But if it's mass was much greater it should've kill us all by now, however if it's mass was much lower we'd have a full moon every two hundred years or so because it would have an elliptical orbit or no orbit at all, or it could become a rogue planet (not likely but theoretically possible in other star systems.)

The greater the mass, the greater the gravity, that is a given.

edit on 30-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That's not right though. Gravity is filling up space that was previously occupied by something else. That's what gravity is. All space has an X, Y,Z axis
Good luck figuring it out.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's an illustration of what gravity does, but not really how it works.

Why does mass distort spacetime like that? I like to think that it's because mass folds in on itself "down" into multiple dimensions, such that mass itself might be more accurately considered as a wavefront or shockwave (event horizon) that is essentially a physical manifestation of something that doesn't really exist.

So you can "see" the distortion in spacetime around something with a large mass like a planet or star, but that distortion also goes all the way down, even on the "inside" of every object at the most subatomic levels.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reminds me of my old mate Frank Grimer (if I've remembered his name right... he's dead now) - he used to have theories on gravity being like a wind, and pushing down on us from all around rather than pulling down on us from below. he talked about beta and gamma atmospheres. completely nuts, but very interesting. he worked in road construction, and reinforced concrete.

here's a link to Frank's "website"
www.zen111904.zen.co.uk...
edit on 30-5-2017 by CrastneyJPR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have never been more thankful for the Mute button!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Gravity pulls but pushes at the same time, that's why the moon hasn't crashed into the Earth.

Except it doesn't push. The Moon is in free fall towards Earth. It hasn't crashed into us because it's in orbit around us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join