It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians Support Israel…?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

The Bible speaks of a post-Diaspora gather of Jews, but is this the Jews returning to Palestine after Hitler?
Or is it the gathering that happened in the book of Acts when the Holy Sprite was poured out . This also explains how Christianity spread so fast and far and why Paul found believers in some of the places he was commissioned to in taking the Gospel to the Nations and to bring the Gentiles into the house of faith .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I am a christian and a gun owner with a C.C.W. I have a gun because I can
and pray that I never have to use it.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
because of false stories about ovens taught to second grade children. then amplify that to adulthood. then all the media 'tells' the minions to obey. and the circle of # conitnues.

For your information I had a relative that helped liberate one of those camps.
The ovens were real and the human ashes contained in them.I have to call my
mom to find out which camp since there were so many of them.
The only ones telling stories are those who teach the ovens were myths.

Here is the name of that camp...www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
edit on 27-5-2017 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Originally posted ntech
To answer your question here. The reason to support Israel it that it was predicted in the bible that a nation of Israel was to reappear in the future.
And that in order for Jesus Christ to come back the rebuilt Temple and Antichrist appearing are all steps in the process of his return.

But surely prophecy, that’s already been ordained requires no support…

Just because those things are prophesied does not mean they are positive things…I mean, the only reason Jesus is coming back, is to deal with the anti-Christ…but the part about the anti Christ setting himself in the temple, is NOT good… prophecy doesn’t always = good…

Originally posted ntech
Jews want the temple for the appearance of their messiah. Christians want it for the return of theirs. Simple as that.

But it stands to reason that’s it the Jewish continued rejection of Jesus, that ultimately allows the anti-Christ to set himself up in their Temple.

Christians should not be supporting a group that’s connected to the ushering in of the Anti-Christ…IMO

And like I said above, prophecy requires no support…

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Originally posted DeathSlayer
Because we worship the same God.

But you don’t worship the same God as them, because they’ve rejected Jesus…

Plus, there’s tons of other Christian countries, who DO worship the same God…why aren’t you supporting them…?

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Isn't the end of days supposed to occur then?

For better or worse I'm not sure how I feel about the destruction of humanity. That being said I've heard a few things about Christ/Anti-Christ and what would occur...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Originally posted DeathSlayer
Because we worship the same God.

But you don’t worship the same God as them, because they’ve rejected Jesus…

Plus, there’s tons of other Christian countries, who DO worship the same God…why aren’t you supporting them…?

- JC

Yashua and the Father are one. It is already in prophecy that Israel will accept that Yashua was and is Hamashiach. The time is not yet here.

The Jews will accept Jesus as the Messiah at the Second Coming if they don’t do it before. Some of them are going to do it before. The passage that really gives us hope is in the book of Zechariah chapter 14 and 13. In chapter 14 Israel is going to be fighting the Battle of Armageddon and she’s going to be losing. As a matter of fact, the Bible says she will lose half of Jerusalem. So she’s going to be losing to the world’s armies and just when Israel is on the brink of total defeat Jesus is going to come and place His feet on the Mount of Olives. All the Jews of Israel believe that that is what their Messiah is going to do. When He comes, they are going to run out there to meet their Messiah and they’re going to bow to worship Him and they’re going to notice that He has nail prints in His hands and His feet. Zechariah 13 says, “And one will say unto Him, where did you get these wounds in Your hands? And he will reply, these are they in which I was wounded in the house of my friends.” And they’re going to believe!

Prophecies Currently Being Fulfilled

The Jewish people will be regathered in unbelief from the four corners of the earth (Isaiah 11:11-12). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

The state of Israel will be re-established (Isaiah 66:7-8 & Ezekiel 37:21-22). Fulfillment: May 14, 1948.

The Jews will once again re-occupy the city of Jerusalem (Zechariah 8:4-8), Fulfillment: June 7, 1967.

The land of Israel will be reclaimed from its desolation, becoming once again a land of agricultural abundance (Ezekiel 36:34-35). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

The Hebrew language will be revived from the dead (Zephaniah 3:9). Fulfillment: 19th & 20th Centuries.

All the nations of the world will come together against Israel over the issue of the control of Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:1-3). Fulfillment: Currently occurring.

For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant of this mystery, lest ye be wise in your own conceits, that a hardening in part hath befallen Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in; 26 and so all Israel shall be saved; even as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer; He shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: And this is my covenant unto them, When I shall take away their sins.” (Romans 11:25-27)

From these verses we see that hardness in part has befallen Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. When that point is reached, all Israel will be saved — all Israel living at that time. What time is that? The answer is: when the Deliverer comes forth out of Zion and turns away ungodliness from Jacob. His coming to Zion, therefore, and bringing this deliverance is the coming of the Lord Jesus to the earth at the end of the Tribulation, the revelation of the Lord in glory and power.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There's a major distinction that has to be made here:

Are we talking about the ancient tribes of Israel or are we talking about the modern day nation of Israel?

The X factor here being Zionism.

This is a deep and interesting topic either way, but which Israel are we talking about?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Originally posted AgarthaSeed

Are we talking about the ancient tribes of Israel or are we talking about the modern day nation of Israel?

This is a deep and interesting topic either way, but which Israel are we talking about?

My Op is talking about the modern day nation of Israel, and the Jewish people (Judaic) who live there…

Assuming of course...people believe that the Jews currently living in Israel, are the real Jews…

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted AgarthaSeed

My Op is talking about the modern day nation of Israel, and the Jewish people (Judaic) who live there…

Assuming of course...people believe that the Jews currently living in Israel, are the real Jews…

- JC

You've hit the big underlying argument here. In my research and understanding, only a small amount of the Jews in Israel can actually trace themselves to Biblical ancestry. The Ashkenazi Jews which make up more than 90% of Israel originated in central Asia, not the middle east. This idea is hotly debated. I've seen the argument put forth that Ashkenazi Jews consider themselves to be from the tribe of Dan.

However, the DNA testing shows zero semitic blood in them. So it's hard to come to a clear conclusion. Especially considering thousands of years has passed and religion is chock full of falsehoods and distortions. Yet, if more than 90% of Israel truly are not descendants of the Biblical Hebrews, you can see the effect it would have on this argument.

edit on 27-5-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Strangest thing in all this is that Muslims, although they changed the narative of the crucifixion ( a prophet of God would not have died in such a way) and his divinity ( Allah being too perfect to be divided) believe in Jesus as the most important of all prophets. It is written that in the begining there was the word and later in the Quran that Jesus is the word. He is actually cited more than Mohammad in the Quran. They also believe in the second coming of Jesus. Yet the Jews who talk of Jesus as being an impostor and fraud are the ones getting the support from Christians. And for almost 1500 years.
edit on 112017Saturdaypm531Sat, 27 May 2017 23:32:02 -0500America/Chicagov32 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 112017Saturdaypm531Sat, 27 May 2017 23:39:43 -0500America/Chicagov39 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Since I know the answer here. It would seem that according to a prophecy made by Jesus Christ in Matthew 21 the Ashkenazi Jews may be the Jews of end time Israel here.

Here's the Parable. Look closely at verse 43.

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

According to the prophecy it's not supposed to be Semitic Jews in the end times and after. Ashkenazi Jews fit the prophecy here nicely.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Revelation 3:9

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you."

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Originally posted infolurker

Yashua and the Father are one. It is already in prophecy that Israel will accept that Yashua was and is Hamashiach. The time is not yet here.

But we shouldn’t be saying the phrase “Israel will accept” and applying it to a whole country…The country is made of many people…and coming to believe in Jesus is about an individual choice…

As a matter of fact, the Bible says she will lose half of Jerusalem. So she’s going to be losing to the world’s armies and just when Israel is on the brink of total defeat Jesus is going to come and place His feet on the Mount of Olives.

But who is Israel supposedly fighting during this prophesied great battle…?

All the Jews of Israel believe that that is what their Messiah is going to do. When He comes, they are going to run out there to meet their Messiah and they’re going to bow to worship Him and they’re going to notice that He has nail prints in His hands and His feet.

But surely if something is prophesied, it does not require any support to make it happen…

So why would you support and predominately non Christian country…

From these verses we see that hardness in part has befallen Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

When that point is reached, all Israel will be saved — all Israel living
at that time.

But that means the Jewish people will be saved in the end times no matter what…

Which is unfair, because it means all Jewish people who didn’t accept Jesus before the end times aren’t save…Where as the Jewish people who just so happen to be around during these end times prophecies will be saved etc…It’s a call to exclusivity for one group at one specific time…when Jesus message is for everyone to accept or reject…

It’s also unfair on any other type of religion or non religion (atheist) because they won’t be given the same exclusive treatment during the end times.

In short – Jesus came for everyone, the time of a “chosen people” has gone…IMO which is in alignment with Galatians 3:28…

- JC

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgarthaSeed
You've hit the big underlying argument here. In my research and understanding, only a small amount of the Jews in Israel can actually trace themselves to Biblical ancestry. The Ashkenazi Jews which make up more than 90% of Israel originated in central Asia, not the middle east. This idea is hotly debated. I've seen the argument put forth that Ashkenazi Jews consider themselves to be from the tribe of Dan.

Yes, this is another important avenue to discuss, although my OP is mainly aimed at the biblical and theological reasons behind why Christians are supporting the Jewish state of Israel…

Originally posted by AgarthaSeed
However, the DNA testing shows zero semitic blood in them. So it's hard to come to a clear conclusion. Especially considering thousands of years has passed and religion is chock full of falsehoods and distortions. Yet, if more than 90% of Israel truly are not descendants of the Biblical Hebrews, you can see the effect it would have on this argument.

Yeah, exactly; Even the Ethiopian Jews have a claim that they are part of the original descendants, of the House of Israel!

But here’s the thing though, and I’m not sure what your religious persuasion is, but why would God be interested in a genetic lineage anyway…when God, through Jesus message, works through the spirit…

- JC

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Agreed. You said:
"In short – Jesus came for everyone, the time of a “chosen people” has gone…IMO which is in alignment with Galatians 3:28…"

This is what makes The Bible so ambiguous for different perspective. Yet, growing up Roman Catholic we were taught from a young age that the Old Testament was still "our" story too ( meaning Gentiles ) as we are all considered descendants of Adam. We were also told that Christ's ministry celebrated humanity as a whole, not just the Jews.

In fact, the priests would reinforce the point that there were no "chosen ones" other than the ones that lived a righteous life and accepted Christ, etc.

These days I'm certainly not a Christian but absolutely feel that universal love was the backbone of Jesus' message. Universal. ALL humans.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Why do Christians Support Israel…?

Perhaps because Xtians are, theoretically, 'grafted' Jews.
Considering the world's basic antiSemitism, Jews deserve their homeland!
And it is scriptural, to which Xtians adhere.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

is not a political issue ... it is a bible issue,”…

Israelites don't like it .. Rock the Nakbah ... Rock the Nakbah ...

signed THE LAMB / APOLLYON

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

All these labels divide what there really is. There is only ever what is happening - there are no 'things' - just this - aliveness.

Has it been noticed that there is only ever what is happening?
edit on 29-5-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is a question that has been on my mind for awhile, both as a Christian (but not a Christians' Christian... hope that makes sense) and as a student of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine (I am not going to euphemistically call it anything else).

There have been many elucidating comments in this thread; especially those that quote the Bible and that which distinguish the ancient Biblical Hebrews from the current crop of pseudo "Jews" otherwise known as Zionists.

28A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. ~ Romans 2:28-29

I would say that applies to Christians just as much. As a person raised Roman Catholic, I renounced them long before I graduated high school.

As best as I can discern, Christians support Israel out of ignorance. Ignorance of what the Jews did to Christians in that time...

But other Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason’s house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd. ~ Acts 17:5

Yep, agent provocateurs of the Bible. There is nothing new under the sun.

And ignorance of the meaning of many of the passages in the Bible (or even that such passages exist), and especially ignorance of the current atrocities against humanity perpetuated by the government of Israel since 1948 ("officially") but greatly planned well in advance of that time. For I truly believe that if a person is more than a Christian by association, and they knew the actual history of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, they would repudiate the government of Israel for the criminals that they are. There is absolutely nothing even remotely close to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Sophia or any apostle/disciple of Christ regarding them.
edit on 6 27 2017 by originalbleak because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join