It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 signs that you are smarter than average

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Does this guy count?

"Samantha, you will be mine!!"

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Seems I've marked "yes" on all of these. I've already known I'm not as dumb as a rock, but I'm no Einstein. I guess that has to be good enough.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
I think those "signs of intelligence" were created by lazy, anxious, crazy, loners who are desperate to convince other people they're intelligent.

Alot of truth in that statement .

But, common sense goes along way.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Does this guy count?

"Samantha, you will be mine!!"

No.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
1. Comt genetics cannot break down neurotransmitters well, especially Dopamine. Can be controlled by moderating Dopamine promoting foods. Liable to mental illness from imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain, too high.

2 Warrier worrier genetics. MAOA gene is warrior gene www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... People who break it down are well are crankier and make better soldiers. Their intellect is better when they are challenged. Also involved in this is selfhacked.com... Of course I have the worrier gene and I also have the non soldier type of this gene, I do better when not under pressure, I can control it with food choices so I do not go nuts.....oh yeah, I like being a little nuts, I just don't want to be too nuts so they stick me on meds to ruin the buzz.

3. That would have to do with adequate acetylcholine levels, it increases our ability to think well. It gives you the ability to think well enough to try to check out the interpretations of the evidence yourself and question if the evidence actually can be used to prove something else. Anticholine meds are given out like candy to the public. Part of the reason for this is the problems with permanent inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by pesticides which leads to anxiety. Acetylcholine needs to be balanced with dopamine to think correctly. Eggs are a good source of choline, of course they told us that eggs were bad for us, the other necessary ingredient is caffeine in coffee and they told us that is bad for us too.

4 This is a misconception, the more intelligent people tend to socialize with people the more they find that people who are not that smart have more fun and they get jealous that they cannot just go with the flow and suffer the consequences. It gets a little depressing watching people not thinking and having lots of fun. I tried to give people hints of the direction they were heading in all the time, but they still kept making the mistakes. Later I hear them telling someone else the same thing I told them to warn them, I am happy, at least they are passing it on. With a story to tell to prove it is real.

5. Number five is false, I know very smart people who go to bed early and get up early. Just because the people doing this research and their associates believed this, they came up with evidence to prove it. No real correlation exists here, some very smart people work night shift.

6 This one must be a joke. Intelligent people are less likely to trust people, but can evaluate a person better sometimes.
Booksmart people are more trusting, but you cannot say that because someone is knowledgeable that they are intelligent. Just because you can memorize something well does not mean you can apply it broadly, intelligence is the ability to adapt what you know, intelligent people often benefit by more knowledge but store it differently in the brain. They store information linked to sequences more, the sequence stimulates the knowledge retreival..

7 Exercise stimulates opioid release by the brain, opioids do not make you smarter, they can make you think you are smarter and instill confidence, but unless the confidence is founded, they can cause a person to make more mistakes. Lazy people and calm people is not the same thing, calm people often make less mistakes "see one and two above". Exercise can help to detox the body sometimes though, especially if you sweat, but not for everyone. Certain people actually do better with a little morphine in their system when they go to work, the kind the body makes is better than the medicine type. But for most people it does dope a person a bit.

Ok, I probably bored anyone who read this, this is just my interpretation of this from reading stuff and stuff and stuff. I think I may be a lot of OCD

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I would wager that a great number
of visitors to this site suffer from the
consequences of critical thinking.

There is a cost to be paid for awareness.
So be it.
S&F

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

HooHaa!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22280944]rickymouse[/post

Although, this was suppose to be for fun, I actually agree on the the genetics.t

So my genetic say I am a worrier warrior. Seems I always worry first then become the warrior.

As far as the post, I considered the whole thing a joke.

That said, you always offer valuable insight.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: [post=22280944]rickymouse[/post

Although, this was suppose to be for fun, I actually agree on the the genetics.t

So my genetic say I am a worrier warrior. Seems I always worry first then become the warrior.

As far as the post, I considered the whole thing a joke.

That said, you always offer valuable insight.

There is some basis to the OP, I have read a lot of the information that the OP is based off of. The thing about super intellect is that it is just a step away from insanity. It is easy to overload the mind if you are smart, diet is an issue as diet impacts the neurotransmitters.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

off to bed...just want to say, you sh ould do a post on the subject. Just consider it RickyMouse.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't agree with #6, but then it's a public opinion poll... And the public are a bunch of idiots. Those who participate in polls, doubly so.

The rest matches my personal experiences.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Wow I hit 6 out of 7. Only 3 i sort of fail at as I am sort of right wing (though more center) and Christian, though not a young earther and believes in evolution.

But then my IQ is 135-40 which is officially measured.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The thing about loners isn't that smarter people don't enjoy socializing, it's that they have a harder time finding peers they can relate to.

A lot of truly intelligent people end up as introverts because they end up with different interests and tastes from their immediate peers.

If you look at IQs on a bell curve, the higher yours is, the fewer people there will be out there on the ends with you. So you either learn to hide it in order to fit in and enjoy that or you wind up being an introvert because you either self-ostracize or are ostracized because you aren't as well understood.

I am talking about the kids who come into school already knowing things like reading or math or other things that most kindergarten kids will struggle to master during the school year, and it only gets worse from there.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Bi polar, check. Actually tested spatial cadet, certified. Not so trusting, because of probability and observation. Acute anxiety check... Don't believe I'm more intelligent but highly aware. More intune with self and vibration, yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join