It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AfroAmericans, Do You Know Your Identity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq
As a White Hispanic, I have pondered this line of thinking before. I have believed in the past that black people are the original inhabitants of Earth, and that our white skin may in fact be an extraterrestrial origin in the genetic code. If it was alien, then clearly they would have been more technologically advanced and in a position to subjugate the existing people and keep them in a submissive state for eons and eons.

Of course after thousands of years, the descendants of the bloodlines just kind of end up doing what they want. Even today, a large part of some African nations problems is to due with the corporate backing of select militant groups to carry out agendas that make resource extraction more profitable with forced labor and lack of taxes and royalty payments being collected by bribed temporary rulers. They only last as long as they do their corporate masters bidding, and then a new revolution seems to just pop up from a more accommodating militant group.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This country was built on genocide of the native Americans

Who did the natives conquer before them??
There is always a before but for some reason people seem to stop at native Americans.

Its not all innocent on their parts either.
People have conquered all through history which is a hell of a lot longer then the age of the bible or the natives.

As for this thread...POPPYCOCK.

edit on 26-5-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
Booohooo it's the evil white mans fault!!!!!

Your little theory would have some sort of validity if it wasn't for the poverty in Africa which tends to be short on white people at the moment.

This was a good thread until I came to your post. You totally ruining it and took it off topic.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Contrary to all the racist a holes I like your OP. History is important. Having good character is important.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Pseudo science..

First off..

A) there is plenty of "sub Saharan" African history.. they are the cradle of humanity..lol.

B) the Bible is laughable as a historical document.. so looking for any historical proof ain't happening..

C) why would you want to be Jews/Christians anyway???

Christianity was forced down the throats of African natives by way of sword and fire... So it truely amazes me that Africans would still want to jump on that ship.....

It is like text book Stockholm syndrome I guess.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Contrary to all the racist a holes I like your OP. History is important. Having good character is important.

Being historically accurate accurate is important, honestly is important..

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I was actually having a discussion about race today with an African-American colleague of mine today. She said the opposite, that the only thing she learned about her heritage in school was about slavery. And I can attest from what my own kids have learned about both the slavery of Africans and the genocide of the native Americans.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This country was built on genocide of the native Americans and slavery of the blacks. They don't really teach that in school.

That's because neither is even remotely true.

How did killing a few hundred thousand Indians over a couple hundred years, usually as an act of war that they started, "build" this country?

That doesn't even make sense.

And if you think a few hundred thousand illiterate, unskilled, regionally-isolated African slaves "built" this country, then I have some swampland on Uranus for ya...

You are aware that at the HEIGHT of slavery in this country, only 1.6% of the population owned slaves, right?

Again, the reason "[t]hey don't really teach that in school" is because it's completely false.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Above all races that were mistreated...or down right abused, the blacks have had it the worse.
I am half Indian, or First Nations as is spoken the politically correct way now.
My grandmother and her mother was part of the residential school fiasco. Her parents were taken advantage of by the white man, hurt by the white man, and even murdered by the white man. But even my grandmother will agree - the blacks have had it a lot worse.

We were talking about this not long ago. The Canadian Government coughed up a whole sack of cash to the Indians as an apology from 150 years ago.
My grandmother said, in Canada they give us money for something that happened so long ago.
the blacks have been dealing with a lot worse...and have for a lot longer, and they have yet to get a thing as restitution. Kinda ass backwards isn't it.

I laughed and said, I think the government was just tired of hearing you Indians whine about it for so long, that they tossed a couple bucks your way to shut ya up. Lol

Thankfully, grandma still has her sense of humour.

But if my grandmother, who witnessed her father being killed, was put through the residential school system, yet can still say the blacks still had it worse...she must have seen some crazy crap happen to the blacks for her to keep that sentiment.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

This country was built on genocide of the native Americans

Who did the natives conquer before them??
There is always a before but for some reason people seem to stop at native Americans.

Its not all innocent on their parts either.
People have conquered all through history which is a hell of a lot longer then the age of the bible or the natives.

As for this thread...POPPYCOCK.

The first people's where I now live made their livelihoods through slavery. They raided other tribes and enslaved them. The Noble Savage myth was created by a man who never met any indigenous tribe.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What is the significance of a Black American?

He/she is an American.

What is the significance of a Black Brit?

He/she is British.

What is the significance of a Black Jew?

He/she is Jewish.

Ok, now that we got that straight . . . can we drop all the racist rhetoric please?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That is an interesting answer. Do you think the answer regarding who suffered the worse treatment, out of Africans and Jews, would be the same outside of North America and in the wider world?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

That posted is blanketed in opinion... Nah, i let this one slide.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Im not sure.
The Jews apparently were enslaved in ancient Egypt- Who knows how many died.

Then we could take into the equation that African tribes would take captive slaves from enemy tribes, long before we ever showed up over their.

Then the Atlantic Slave Trade. At least 10 million Africans were enslaved and transported to Europe and the Americas between the 15th and 19th centuries as part of the trade.

Then WW2 where the number is sort of vague but around 6 million Jews were said to be killed.

In the south USA, back in 2012, there was a lynching on an African American every 36 hours. Racism is still very prominent and almost accepted in certain states.

But outside of North America - both parties still have a lot to deal with.

The Genocide in Africa taking place right now.

And the Israel - Palestine war still taking place.

Who has it worse though? I think both would say they do.

When we take a look at the issues plaguing the world, its easy to see how history always repeats itself.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is timely for me in an almost spooky way. Just recently I have been wondering to myself who could claim to be the worst treated. Africans or Jews?

I'll assume you're referring to European Jews, which actually are falsely called.
But I'll answer your question with known facts. Such as both the Arab and
Transatlantic slave trade concerning blacks were more than 1500 years,
compared to 12 years of oppression for those who claim to be
European Jews during WW2.

Also what most are not familiar with is that slavery of blacks was
conducted by the Spaniards, Portuguese, English, and Arabs long
before the U.S. was ever constituted a country.

The answer should be easy for you now

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lawman27

So why aren't present day Egyptians 'Black'? Incidentally, it has been established by records kept of payments to workers that the pyramids were built by paid labour, not by slaves. The problem with people like you is that you are the ultimate racists because you genuinely believe skin colour is important-the fact you think it is important in a positive way is irrelevant to your racist attitude.

Hi lawman. I've posted several scholarly works that go into
detail that will answer your questions.

I wont insult your intelligence, and simply allow you the learning
curve when you peruse the books already posted.

But in one word I can help you - "colonization". Also you can simply
check that all indigenous tribes on the planet are mostly black.
Therefore it is in my understanding that all ancient
Egyptians/Arabs/Persians were also black until colonization.

Also there were thousands of structures built in ancient Egypt,
not just the pyramids. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the
Biblical record, but it details many of the structures that were
built by the Hebrew Israelite slaves.
edit on 5/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You seem to have a misconception about God-given-prophesy.
There is no affinity of religion and God the Creator.

correction: man-made-religion

edit on 5/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Your response is somewhat strange, since my post
stated nothing about this "evil white man" you chime
about. I suggest you read my post again, as I laid all
blame with God the Creator.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This will be my last post, as I know from experience
truth tends to offend, when some are not ready for it.

My objective was not to debate with anyone, but
simply to share material I've had the liberty to study.

May God the Creator bless you all

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
This will be my last post, as I know from experience
truth tends to offend, when some are not ready for it.

My objective was not to debate with anyone, but
simply to share material I've had the liberty to study.

May God the Creator bless you all

Ah, but if it were truth, then you would be prepared to back it up with scholarly findings and defend it. Much like an oral defense of a thesis.

<< 1    3 >>

join