It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Assembles Team of ‘Street Fighters’ to Combat Negative Press and Leaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Stop with the convoluted semantics and word play.

The media organizations Trump specifically mentioned (NYT, ABC, CNN, CBS) are the free press.

Trump said media. The media are the press, and they are the free press.

I'm not the one conflating "fake news" to mean "free press". I'm not the one misrepresenting Trump's argument.

edit on 26-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: Too rude

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I don't put a whole lot of stock into ATS member stats, but when I see a 20 for karma it's usually indicative of the quality of their post.

And this:

originally posted by: alphabetaone

So, in summary....President Trump thinks the best idea, is to stop wasting money on education programs, to stop wasting money on Medicaid, to stop wasting money on homelessness, and instead to waste money on protecting his own arse by setting up a rapid response teams for damage control that his deplorable demeanor has wrought by way of embracing violently lashing out at press that finds itself in the position of challenging him?

That's some CNN level reprogramming right there.

Here's a dose of reality: The leaks are getting so out of hand that other countries are becoming reluctant to share their info with the U.S.

Isn't it just horrific that Trump is trying to fix the problem?

edit on 26-5-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Stop with the convoluted semantics and word play.

The media organizations Trump specifically mentioned (NYT, ABC, CNN, CBS) are the free press.

Trump said media. The media are the press, and they are the free press.

I'm not the one conflating "fake news" to mean "free press". I'm not the one misrepresenting Trump's argument.

No, you're conflating the media to be "fake" just because Trump described them as such. You're misrepresenting the fact that the media is also the very real press, simply it was because Trump who used the adjective "fake" to describe them.

You're discounting the fact that they are the free press because Trump called the media fake.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Of course he's trying to "fix" it, since *most* of the leaks seem to be justifiably negative about him, his campaign, or his administration.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No, you're conflating the media to be "fake" just because Trump described them as such. You're misrepresenting the fact that the media is also the very real press, simply it was because Trump who used the adjective "fake" to describe them.

You're discounting the fact that they are the free press because Trump called the media fake.

I never said they were fake. I am merely restating Trump's argument as he stated it. He has every right to call whomever he wants fake, and he has every right to use generalizations to do so, but it is the height of sophistry to pretend he is calling the entire free press the enemy of the people.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I never said they were fake. I am merely restating Trump's argument as he stated it. He has every right to call whomever he wants fake, and he has every right to use generalizations to do so, but it is the height of sophistry to pretend he is calling the entire free press the enemy of the people.

Trump said the media are the enemy of the people. No, he can't reasonably name every media outlet on twitter, nor can he reasonable say all are the enemy, because some are favorable to him.

But what is the height of sophistry is to say he is not talking about the free press when he calls the media enemies of the people simply because he doesn't say "all" or the "entirety," or doesn't mention those who speak favorably of him.

Again: He said the media is the enemy. The media are the free press.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Trump said the media are the enemy of the people. No, he can't reasonably name every media outlet on twitter, nor can he reasonable say all are the enemy, because some are favorable to him.

But what is the height of sophistry is to say he is not talking about the free press when he calls the media enemies of the people simply because he doesn't say "all" or the "entirety," or doesn't mention those who speak favorably of him.

Again: he said fake news is the enemy of the people.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

There is no crime nor injustice in criticizing reporting and coverage. It's not an attack on free press nor an attack on the first amendment.

(post by PepeTalk removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Nucleardoom

Of course he's trying to "fix" it, since *most* of the leaks seem to be justifiably negative about him, his campaign, or his administration.

Funny that the Manchester bombing had exactly nothing to do with Trump and yet there were still multiple leaks.

Trump's an outsider swimming among shark infested waters. I'm not sure what is worse, the Obama leftovers and closet Clintonistas peppered throughout the administration gunning for him, or an intelligence community, so damn leaky it could double as a colander, trying to sink him.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

While I have no stake in the party-line game, is this the kind of nonsense that passes for civil discourse?

No one is trying to overturn a thing....we just want a President that knows how to actually do the damn job properly and with the dignity that the office deserves!

edit on Fri May 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

While I have no stake in the party-line game, is this the kind of nonsense that passes for civil discourse?

No one is trying to overturn a thing....we just want a President that knows how to actually do the damn job properly and with the dignity that the office deserves!

I think dignity from that office has been dead since IKE, and/or depending on who you talk to JFK.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Again: He conflated the media (free press) to being fake and the enemy (of the people).

Pay attention. We've been over this.

It's not an attack on free press nor an attack on the first amendment.

I never mentioned the first amendment is this thread. But, he did call the media the enemy of the people; his opinion is that the media is fake, and therefore the enemy.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There is no crime nor injustice in criticizing reporting and coverage. It's not an attack on free press nor an attack on the first amendment.

There is no crime. What there is though, is what is tantamount to a toddler stamping their foot, and saying "you don't agree with me so you must all be fake" and even THAT is not inherently dangerous....what IS though, are the sycophantic follwers who take it to a level like oh, say, Gianforte and reckless comments like Texas Governor Greg Abbott Jokes About Shooting Reporters While at Gun Range become a call to arms for those out there who cant distinguish between right and wrong; otherwise called psychopaths.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

I think dignity from that office has been dead since IKE, and/or depending on who you talk to JFK.

That's so inaccurate, yet I don't feel like debating that with you. Instead ill address what your solution to that is....to do nothing, if you believe it hasn't been dignified your solution is to leave it that way. I thought all President Trump supporters embraced eradicating old established ideals and principles...not the status quo?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

the party of retards

So you want him out and somebody else in cause you didn't vote for him. That's trying to overturn a democratically elected president cause you're children who didn't get their way. Pull up your pants, stop crying and wait for your chance 2020 like the rest of us did with Obama.
edit on 26-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

the party of retards

So you want him out and somebody else in cause you didn't vote for him. That's trying to overturn a democratically elected president cause you're children who didn't get their way. Pull up your pants, stop crying and wait for your chance 2020 like the rest of us did with Obama.

Not me. I taking my cue from the Right Wing when Obama was elected......"Not MY President" Deal with it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Again: He conflated the media (free press) to being fake and the enemy (of the people).

Pay attention. We've been over this.

It's not an attack on free press nor an attack on the first amendment.

I never mentioned the first amendment is this thread. But, he did call the media the enemy of the people; his opinion is that the media is fake, and therefore the enemy.

You're wrong. And Trump had to clarify it because unscrupulous liars had made it seem like he said something else, which you continue to do now. In fact, I doubt you've even seen the clarification, preferring instead the second-hand conjecture of people who already hate the man, who endorsed his opponent, and have the most profits to lose.

Sound familiar?

edit on 26-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

the party of retards

Not me. I taking my cue from the Right Wing when Obama was elected......"Not MY President" Deal with it.

Yeah, remember all the rioting and punching we did for 8 years? Me neither
edit on 26-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

That's so inaccurate, yet I don't feel like debating that with you. Instead ill address what your solution to that is....to do nothing, if you believe it hasn't been dignified your solution is to leave it that way. I thought all President Trump supporters embraced eradicating old established ideals and principles...not the status quo?

By all means please bestow upon us all your grand solution to add dignity back to the presidency, so us lowly serfs can truly comprehend the epic majesty of your solution.
Your "solution" probably includes the name Clinton, Johnson or Stein which makes your "solution", at best, delusional.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join