It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did trump call germans evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A story came out recently that trump while at the UN called germans evil.

www.usatoday.com... 10/

This article has since been taken down by the website. I suspect the reason is that it was a lie and they got caught.

The thing is a can't find a single video of this speech. All i can find is german translations of what he really said.
But without a video how are we supposed to know if he really said this or if it's just msn spin.

ATS put your research hats on and find us that video please. We all know that without it this will end up getting 50 threads everyone of them arguing over what he really said.
edit on 26-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But without a video how are we supposed to know if he really said this or if it's just msn spin.

"MSN" spin about Trump?

Main Stream Negativity about Trump is pure distraction. After all the election is over and its easy to heap shame on someone like Trump.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Trump Campaign.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

"MSN" spin about Trump?

Main Stream Negativity about Trump is pure distraction. After all the election is over and its easy to heap shame on someone like Trump.

So, don't even bother to see if it's true? Just mindlessly defend?

That's a good boy.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

It sounds like it. It's his way. Mexico, Canada, we're really bad too, apparently. He has some weird negotiating tactics.....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The sheepeople follow the MSM and believe every word. Sad really, but humans are inclined to be followers......a reply to: intrptr

link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
www.rawstory.com...

It sounds like it. It's his way. Mexico, Canada, we're really bad too, apparently. He has some weird negotiating tactics.....

Without audio we can't know for sure. Maybe the audio doesn't exist?

link   
More propaganda. He called them bad on trade.
The Germans themselves have had to clarify after the western media launched into a new propaganda campaign.

On the trade issue, Merkel is going to start realising soon that she has to jump when told. Trump is threatening to stop the flow of German cars to the US. I am glad to hear it because that threat massively weakens Merkel's hand in Brexit negotiations.... if she lost or damaged the UK and US markets, their car industry would collapse.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Saying that they were evil is an opinion. The word evil does not necessarily mean they are bad, it can just mean what they are doing is bad for certain people effected by their actions. What is bad for one is usually good for another, it depends on which side of the fence you are on.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
A story came out recently that trump while at the UN called germans evil.

www.usatoday.com... 10/

The thing is a can't find a single video of this speech. All i can find is german translations of what he really said.

No, he did not.

He called them "very bad" or something like that in the sense that they are very bad trade partners for America as America has a large trade deficit to Germany.

That is it.

Edit:

At a meeting with European Union officials in Brussels on Thursday, Trump said Germany was "very bad on trade," according to the president's top economic adviser Gary Cohn.

"He said they're very bad on trade but he doesn't have a problem with Germany," Cohn told reporters who are traveling with Trump to a G7 summit in Sicily, Italy, on Friday.Source

edit on 26-5-2017 by DupontDeux because: adding source

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

"MSN" spin about Trump?

That's a good boy.

See if whats true, something Trump said or did?

Good boy, keep everyones nose on Trump grindstone.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
The sheepeople follow the MSM and believe every word. Sad really, but humans are inclined to be followers......a reply to: intrptr

Even sadder, seems the Trump virus has infected everyone, ringing Pavlov's bell has new meaning.

I knew there was a reason I was avoiding the internet lately. I come back and the same song is still playing on the juke box.

link   

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

"MSN" spin about Trump?

That's a good boy.

How about finding out if it is true before the rushing to headlines?
That might be the better option.
As it happens the Germans are embarrassed not by Trump but by the US and UK media. They have had come out and publicly correct.
edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

Even sadder, seems the Trump virus has infected everyone, ringing Pavlov's bell has new meaning.

I knew there was a reason I was avoiding the internet lately. I come back and the same song is still playing on the juke box.

Would that be the virus of actually reacting to what he says and does, instead of the incessant BS we see printed in the newspapers and see on propaganda channels? Must be a healthy virus.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The article has been taken down. Hmm. Maybe someone realised it was a little too much spin?

www.usatoday.com... /

OOPS! This page exists to tell you that this page doesn't exist. RETURN TO HOME

How about adding a bit of context.....

www.rawstory.com...

In a discussion about the country's trade surplus, Trump said. “The Germans are bad, very bad.”

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good Trump bashing.

edit on 26-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: accuracy

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The article has been taken down. Hmm. Maybe someone realised it was a little too much spin?

www.usatoday.com... /

OOPS! This page exists to tell you that this page doesn't exist. RETURN TO HOME

How about adding a bit of context.....

www.rawstory.com...

In a discussion about the country's trade surplus, Trump said. “The Germans are evil, very evil.”

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good Trump bashing.

...and the word was 'bad' not 'evil'.

Idiots will still defend this reporting and still propagate it.

yet ANOTHER example of fake news.. I wonder will snopes classify its 'mostly true'?

edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
www.rawstory.com...

It works. If he showed up at my door step, I'd give him money and tell him his hands were of adequate girth if he promised to leave.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pure distraction, just like the elections were (for two years straight), terror attacks, crime, weather, sports, religion, blah blah.

Bye...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Isn't it funny how the headline says "bad, very bad" but the article itself changes it to "evil, very evil". No spin there, right?.

I'll edit my post to reflect the headline.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Your link doesn´t work.
Germans in general after WW2 have been very careful with their actions and been in shame what happened. If you think of it ... few last decade they have started to regain their respect and pride back.. hope all goes well with it
edit on 26-5-2017 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join