It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem in One Article

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If this is how it is. As in the case will go no further, it is of little surprise why we see a growing problem.

There are growing concerns about the arrest of two brothers with ties to the Middle East who authorities say had an arsenal with bomb-making materials, guns and ammunition in their car. Twenty-seven-year-old Abdullah Alrifahe and 26-year-old Majid Alrifahe were arrested on May 11 in north Minneapolis.

Inside the brothers’ car, police found a loaded AK-47, another rifle, a handgun, a grenade, large amounts of ammunition, and what would later be identified as bomb-making materials, including a drone.

For the sake of argument, lets omit the "bomb-making materials." In my state that's at least two felonies.

Abdullah Alrifahe had recently been released from jail after serving time for a weapons conviction. He is now facing a single felony weapons charge.

Make that four.

His brother, Majid, has been released from jail and is facing a low-level misdemeanor charges, including disorderly conduct.

Seems legit. I'm sure I'm jumping into reactive mode over something here but this is not how the law is supposed to work. Now barring any further evidence, this is absolutely what is wrong with attempting to battle home-grown terrorism.
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well... having all those weapons IS disorderly conduct.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Once you let them in you're #ed. Thank Christ Hillary didn't win

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

Yeah cause so much is different?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There's a reason for the season. Time to understand that more employment is needed after an action has happened. Simple economics. Sad, but with an unknown amount of money these days going into catching (after the act) the bad guy, it keeps the balance of the "we will keep America safe " going alive. Keep up the action yous that are doing this to Americans. Great, I'm mean fkn great job you are doing for your well minded mind. Hope it comes back to haunt you. Ex. the airplanes that hit the towers, impossible to believe that american security did not know that was going to take place. Yepi, just look at bush's face in the vid when he was told of it. fk, america is fk'ed. with stupid minds controlling the masses.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I lve in France (30 years now) and have witnessed that extreme horror (lost 2 very close family friends (2 sisters (only children)) during the Bataclan attack.)

I am also a Brit and have served in HMF.

This is just not good at all...

The law and justice authorities in many so called Western civilised countries have buggered up big time when it comes to security issues such as the one depicted in this thread and need an EFFING massive humongous shake up in my opinion...

THEY know very well that this type of pond life scum (I feel bad for insulting pond life as THEY are innocent) who I hope are reincarnated as pigs (innocent too... BUT...) are a potential danger and they might say that they do not have the man-power to investigate suspects that have either a criminal/militant record but for farks sake...

OK... quite a few (targeted) attacks have been thwarted in different countries but all they have to do in my opinion is re-allocate budgets and prioritise security for a couple of years...

We are in a potential civil war situation here in quite a few countries.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I lve in France (30 years now) and have witnessed that extreme horror (lost 2 very close family friends (2 sisters (only children)) during the Bataclan attack.)

I am also a Brit and have served in HMF.

This is just not good at all...

The law and justice authorities in many so called Western civilised countries have buggered up big time when it comes to security issues such as the one depicted in this thread and need an EFFING massive humongous shake up in my opinion...

THEY know very well that this type of pond life scum (I feel bad for insulting pond life as THEY are innocent) who I hope are reincarnated as pigs (innocent too... BUT...) are a potential danger and they might say that they do not have the man-power to investigate suspects that have either a criminal/militant record but for farks sake...

OK... quite a few (targeted) attacks have been thwarted in different countries but all they have to do in my opinion is re-allocate budgets and prioritise security for a couple of years...

We are in a potential civil war situation here in quite a few countries.

Warmest

Lags

you do understand that you are telling it the way it really is
sad part is, there is no money in it
yes, sic
american prisons come to mind
big money
employment
and yes

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yep

a reply to: musicismagic

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

We are in a potential civil war situation here

It wont pass the internet and slum pubs.. i work with rasism related issues in uk for 20 odd years. Sorry to inform you there willl be no civil war. most British people are well informed then ATS members. If you know what i mean 🤣

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

It wont pass the internet and slum pubs.. i work with rasism related issues in uk for 20 odd years. Sorry to inform you there willl be no civil war. most British people are well informed then ATS members. If you know what i mean 🤣

I am a Brit... AND...?

edit on 26-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm really hoping there is more to the story.

That kind of hardware with hardly a slap on the wrist? The mind boggles.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I understand everyone's frustration and desire to pin these guys before they actually hurt someone. The thing is until they actually do something what should be done? Normally, with non-Muslim or people who are not of Arabic descent a person is only arrested after they commit a crime. So the real question here is what kind of society do you want to live in. Do you want to live in a society where you can be declared to be "criminal" for crimes of consciousness, arrested, convicted, and then serve the sentence which may include capital punishment. I'm all for policing the ragheads before they strike. I'm just afraid we will lose all our liberties when crimes of consciousness are used to fight political foes.

I have no answers. I just know there are trade-offs in every decision about how the system is supposed to work.

edit on 26-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

WCCO-TV has confirmed that both Homeland Security and the FBI are involved in the investigation,

I'd bet folding money the Feds wanted the brother released so they can track his movements. I'd also bet this guy will disappear.
So when they lose him [ as usual ] and he blows up a business or goes on a shooting rampage, we'll hear the same old, "He was already a person of interest" blahblahblah.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The thing is until they actually do something what should be done?

A hand grenade? Felony.
Bomb making materials? Felony.
Guns, when you are a convicted felon? Felony. Automatic prison time.

There was absolutely no reason to release the brother. He could have easily been charged with multiple felonies, just on what was in the car.
I stick by my first statement...The Feds wanted one of them walking around.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You can't say that Trump isn't trying with his TRAVEL ban. It's not a Muslim ban as the Leftists like to call it, he can't help that it's Muslims that are the ones that are creating this mayhem.
But we have the terrorist sympathizers on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals blocking the only smart and sane way of trying to stem the tide.
And before anyone says that "the terrorists are probably already here", it is a fact that in almost every one of these terror attacks the perpetrators have traveled back and forth to the ME several times for their "terror training".
The travel ban would stop that. And every Western country had better adopt some form of travel ban fast.
For example....What good reason would a 22 year old known radical need to travel to Libya and back to the UK several times as in the case of the Manchester bomber? There is no good reason at all.
It's time to stop worrying about certain people's feelings being hurt while we have innocent people's bodies piling up.
Radical problems need radical solutions.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

I am a Brit... AND...?

Really rabbit? You think we will sleep forever?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No but we have our pride and are not full of the whingey whiney piddle that many people here on ATS And other forums spout...

Deal with it.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 26-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

WCCO-TV has confirmed that both Homeland Security and the FBI are involved in the investigation,

I'd bet folding money the Feds wanted the brother released so they can track his movements. I'd also bet this guy will disappear.
So when they lose him [ as usual ] and he blows up a business or goes on a shooting rampage, we'll hear the same old, "He was already a person of interest" blahblahblah.

so now you are telling the truth
that is how , what we call " work for the govt, and observe only" approach to a career and retirement in govt.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

You can't say that Trump isn't trying with his TRAVEL ban. It's not a Muslim ban as the Leftists like to call it, he can't help that it's Muslims that are the ones that are creating this mayhem.
But we have the terrorist sympathizers on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals blocking the only smart and sane way of trying to stem the tide.
And before anyone says that "the terrorists are probably already here", it is a fact that in almost every one of these terror attacks the perpetrators have traveled back and forth to the ME several times for their "terror training".
The travel ban would stop that. And every Western country had better adopt some form of travel ban fast.
For example....What good reason would a 22 year old known radical need to travel to Libya and back to the UK several times as in the case of the Manchester bomber? There is no good reason at all.
It's time to stop worrying about certain people's feelings being hurt while we have innocent people's bodies piling up.

May the people on here actually understand your sanity of thought. Sad part is, you are not a politician. Please run for office.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: RazorV66

May the people on here actually understand your sanity of thought. Sad part is, you are not a politician. Please run for office.

Lol I doubt anyone would vote for a 51 year old, long haired clown like me.
I just want to point out that while I am a unapologetic Trump supporter, I am not an Islamaphobe or a bigot by any definition.
My next door neighbors are from Syria and are very nice people, my wife and I interact with them quite often.
While I know it will never get to the point of the husband coming over for a few beers, I would and do do things to help them out. He works long hours and they have 3 small kids. So this past winter, after snow blowing my driveway, I would do their driveway also. The wife would bring over fresh baked cookies for us every time I did it as a thank you. She would come to the door covered in her traditional Muslim clothing with the 3 kids in tow, smiling and happy.
The kids play at our backyard fence with our 3 dogs, they are just a normal family.
When my mother in law that lived with us passed away, they brought over a nice condolences card and a box of baklava.
I have spoken with the husband on several occasions about the situation in Syria, they still have family there. It's a very hard thing for them to deal with.
Here in Michigan, you can't go to a gas station or party store and not see Muslim people, I interact with them on a daily basis.
The point of my long winded story I guess is - of course there are good Muslims and bad Muslims, and I don't want to see innocent people suffer but this is the world we live in now, where it could happen anywhere.
We need to be able to distinguish who is good and bad with a certainty and the process we have now isn't working.
Just my stupid 2 cents, take it how you want to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join