It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never a dull moment. I just witnessed a real matrix like event.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but sadly i have no evidence of what just happened a few minutes ago.

I was just relaxing in my bathtub and a random thought popped into my head. You know the story from the Matrix movie about the spoon that isn't really there and the reality bending stuff? I tried to focus on a fixed point on my bathroom wall and a few seconds later the showerhead glitched. It's hard to describe but it was like someone hit pause for a few seconds and started a new loop. No display of numbers though but it just looked really distorted for a few seconds. I read all the living in a simulation threads but even i thought it was just too far fetched. Now i'm not so sure anymore. Why does random sh!t like this keeps happening to me?

Did anyone of you experience something like that too? I tried to recreate the glitch but i had no luck.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's not a glitch. Focusing your attention on a specific point for any length of time will have results. Those results are dependant entirely on your own personal experience.

We are in short supply of attention in this world. Be careful of what you look at.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your mind fills in the blanks for the most part until something moves.
In this example, you are drifting into a slight trance in the tub and the shower head is above and in your peripheral.
It has "blended in" into the background of the top of your shower and ceiling.
Suddenly a tiny droplet of water drips from the shower head and your peripheral vision "snaps" the shower head back into relevance, thus making it look as if it just "re-appeared".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." A bluepill refers to a human that is not aware of the true nature of the Matrix.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I had a matrix type event happen to me about 30 years ago. It's pretty unbelievable in the telling, and I wouldn't believe it if someone told me. But luckily, I had a witness, my roommate.

The story goes, I used to jog. My old roommate liked to run too, so we layed out a 5k course through the city streets of downtown Philadelphia. If we timed it just right, we could catch the "green wave", meaning we could catch a green light at every intersection, and wouldn't have to stop. As we proceeded through one light, a guy ran a red light the other way. My roommate stopped in time, I kept running across the street, because I didn't see the car. We met at the same point in the street. It's like I ran through the car as if it were smoke. My roommate yelled "Are you alright? You just got hit". But I didn't. I waited for him across the street. He said "It looked like you just ran through it. I thought for sure you got plowed". It was nuts.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Thanks for the explanation but there was no water dripping from the showerhead. Perhaps i should have added that my showerhead is connected through a tube and that got distorted as well. I use the word distorted because i have no idea to describe it. It didn't blend in either. It was like hitting pause on a movie on a real old vcr. Pausing a movie on them produced all sort of weird glitches.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I've had a matirx moment recently. I have always been a moderately good looking, stylish guy in decent shape. This morning when I looked in the mirror I was a 50 year old man with a grizzled beard and bags under my eyes. I'm now stuck in this alternate reality as every time I look in the mirror this old guy is looking back. WTF?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Careful. A glitch in the matrix means the agents are after you.

Notice you were relaxing and somehow they managed to interfere with your matrix?

That's because they don't want you to be relaxed. They need you to be in fear and ignorant. They cannot feed off you outside their matrix.

Ignore the glitches and nurture your concentration. Soon you'll be hopping buildings and jumping over moving trains.

Essentially you can through concerted determination cause the matrix to "glitch" in ways that are beneficial to your lifes purpose. Whether that be flying up staircases, in two or three steps, or jumping across buildings, or dodging bullets. These things are possible... I know because I have accomplished them. You are only limited by your will and self belief. Believe you can do anything, and "miracles" will take place.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." A bluepill refers to a human that is not aware of the true nature of the Matrix.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I dived so deep in the rabbit hole that the white rabbit turned into a black rabbit. I wonder how far it goes.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

It was because your soul was so confident that nothing bad would happen to you that nothing bad could happen to you. Even if the "agents" had sent a car to kill you.. their cheap tactics were denied.
edit on 25-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

It was because your soul was so confident that nothing bad would happen to you that nothing bad could happen to you. Even if the "agents" had sent a car to kill you.. their cheap tactics were denied.

I wish I had a confident soul. I just plain didn't see the car.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

How can we have a soul if we are part of a simulation and not in our real bodies? Interesting story btw. Either you got very lucky or the car didn't exist and therefore couldn't hit you. Thinking about this stuff is really trippy. Did you find a explanation or did you dismissed it as pure luck?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Now I know whjere Matrix got that pill thing from

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small / And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all / Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Looks like the Matrix found my video...things are getting a little glitchy around here

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: UnBreakable

How can we have a soul if we are part of a simulation and not in our real bodies? Interesting story btw. Either you got very lucky or the car didn't exist and therefore couldn't hit you. Thinking about this stuff is really trippy. Did you find a explanation or did you dismissed it as pure luck?

My roommate and I discussed for the next few days after it happened. The car definitely existed, as the guy stopped like twenty yards up the street. I just chalked it up to pure dumb luck.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Chemical poetry.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues

Now I know whjere Matrix got that pill thing from

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small / And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all / Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

The Matrix was basically Alice in Wonderland with Robots.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: what's up with the glitches all of a sudden?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Because your soul is immaterial.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Did the showerhead glitch or did your brain glitch because you focused too long on the showerhead while in a certain state of mind?

The producers of the Matrix series became trannys and were inspired by Phillip K. Dick, a Schitzophrenic.
edit on 5/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Alice in wonderland was about chemically induced hallucination.

The Matrix was about something completely different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join